Obliteration Sharing Thread

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I can see the pilgrimage thing, if he was in search of what his purpose was after destroying those cities. I'm not sure what would bring him to Oregon, though. 

How about with angry eyes? 

d0be12ebae81488c5e08032ae80ed2aa.png

Stupid school, sucking up memories of awesome books. <_< I'll reread Obliteration's scenes at the very least. 

You just want to tell us that your OC pony looks cute, don't you. :P

...You monster, Obliteration doesn't deserve that.

The search for like-minded copatriots, perhaps? If he heard that Epics up north were destroying cities? :mellow:

Angry!TwiLyght is practically asking for this. :P

ad0f41618de54401ef92213d6cbbafaa.png

Or just reflecting the state the world is in.

Obliteration in all honesty, things will work better if you pretend to be a good date and by that I do indeed also mean the murder part. Trust me. :ph34r:

We may need to start a dedicated pony/comic thread someday to keep track of all these, they're so hillarious but it takes so long to find them all going back through the 1000 or so pages of Questions.

From what I understood of the book, Obliteration works with you when you benefit him. Regalia enhanced his powers, so he is postponing her death. David, in that last scene, gave Obliteration the knowledge to not only discover his own weakness, but also those of other high epics whom his powers cannot kill. Now, I am also of the opinion that Oblit left David immediately because the revelation of his weakness needed immediate tending to.

Also, I understand discussing this now, but shouldn't we wait to introduce Oblit until Calamity comes out? That way we have all the Reckonerverse info from books we are likely to get, and Brandon should stop RAFOing questions (unless he plans to return to ReckonEarth).

From what I understood of the book, Obliteration works with you when you benefit him. Regalia enhanced his powers, so he is postponing her death. David, in that last scene, gave Obliteration the knowledge to not only discover his own weakness, but also those of other high epics whom his powers cannot kill. Now, I am also of the opinion that Oblit left David immediately because the revelation of his weakness needed immediate tending to.

Also, I understand discussing this now, but shouldn't we wait to introduce Oblit until Calamity comes out? That way we have all the Reckonerverse info from books we are likely to get, and Brandon should stop RAFOing questions (unless he plans to return to ReckonEarth).

I don't think postponing his arrival will be a problem. ;) We've been at this for almost a year, and you know how many days have passed in-game? Four. If anything, his arrival will be postponed out of necessity. Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I don't think postponing his arrival will be a problem. ;) We've been at this for almost a year, and you know how many days have passed in-game? Four. If anything, his arrival will be postponed out of necessity.

If he doesn't arrive by day twenty, we'll probably have all three Reckoners books, an encyclopedia of Epics, and the Warbreaker sequel before he shows up. :mellow::P

If he doesn't arrive by day twenty, we'll probably have all three Reckoners books, an encyclopedia of Epics, and the Warbreaker sequel before he shows up. :mellow::P

My goal is to have Quota make his second attack on Funtimes before I have my Master's degree. I'm....not sure how realistic this is. Especially since I'm graduating in May. :mellow::P

My goal is to have Quota make his second attack on Funtimes before I have my Master's degree. I'm....not sure how realistic this is. Especially since I'm graduating in May. :mellow::P

Well then... May you achieve that goal, TwiLyght!

mlfw2450_large.png

Ha ha... ha.. heh... okay I'll stop now. :mellow:

Blackhoof? Any info on Endless Dreams?

from memory, no, there wasn't any. The bio said that he could even bypass the PIs of some High Epics, and melted Endless Dreams by heating her(i think?) to something like the heat of the sun. Although that is impossible, as that would end all life on earth.... So it was likely hyperbole.

YOU get it. Don't mess with our glasses. It's just. Not. Cool. :P

As far as likening characters to prophecies from Revelation goes, I'm not sure how much of that would fit in with what we know of his worldview. He tells David he believes all Epics are metaphorical Horsemen, yet as has been pointed out, he kills Epics. Maybe this has something to do with the end of Revelation, where John says there was a "new Heaven and a new Earth"? Maybe he kills the Epics he thinks will hinder that part of the prophecy?

he seemed inconsistent in his ideology too- he says to Newton that he wants to kill everyone because they have "the seed of the Epic" inside of them. Why would he want to kill potential Horsemen, because they can become Horsemen?

from memory, no, there wasn't any. The bio said that he could even bypass the PIs of some High Epics, and melted Endless Dreams by heating her(i think?) to something like the heat of the sun. Although that is impossible, as that would end all life on earth.... So it was likely hyperbole.

he seemed inconsistent in his ideology too- he says to Newton that he wants to kill everyone because they have "the seed of the Epic" inside of them. Why would he want to kill potential Horsemen, because they can become Horsemen?

It could be inconsistency, or it could be a high level of awareness regarding his own condition. When he says he believes Epics are the end, it shows he believes he has a dark destiny. When he talks about "the seed of the Epic" being inside everyone, it shows he knows or a at least suspects Epics are evil. Which implies he believes he is evil, perhaps made that way to carry out God's will of ending the world. So he sees himself as separated from God, like every other wicked being he is sent to destroy. I didn't read it as inconsistency. I read it as evidence of an extremely dark worldview.

• 3 weeks later...

A question I had been thinking about, that I wanted to pose for any Obliteration usage. It regards his two minute cooldown.

Do we think it applies only to wilful teleportation?

So for instance, say he is shot, and his PI triggers and he ports away. Two minutes later, he ports back when the timer runs out. Now, if he is shot at again in the next two minutes, can his PI still trigger?

If not, then his PI seems a bit weak. Two minutes is a long time in a fight, to be completely vulnerable and killable.

But if so, then shooting at him grants you two minute reprieves, but that is all, and once he comes back you can shoot at him but he will port away again.

I'm just thinking that his "wilful teleportation" and his "automatic teleportation" might be similar, but not specifically the same ability activating in two different circumstances. Therefore, when David wrote that his teleportation has a two-minute cooldown, he meant the wilful teleportation, not the automatic PI teleportation. I feel like David would have commented in Firefight on such a glaring hole in his PI, before he realised that the cooldown had been removed. 

Or perhaps they have two different cool-down periods, meaning he can automatically teleport away when his PI is triggered, wait two minutes, teleport back wilfully, but be ready to use his PI again.  

David expected the cooldown to apply after he shoot at him, so it counts for the PI. However, given that he usually hides in a safe spot it may only be until he can trigger it himself and not if he's being shoot at after that. Given that no one would really be able to locate his safe spot I don't think it matters much to be honest.

David expected the cooldown to apply after he shoot at him, so it counts for the PI. However, given that he usually hides in a safe spot it may only be until he can trigger it himself and not if he's being shoot at after that. Given that no one would really be able to locate his safe spot I don't think it matters much to be honest.

actually that is true, he only shot him once and expected him to not be able to willfully teleport back. Unless he assumed that Oblit had wilfully teleported within the last two minutes? I'd have to reread the scene once i get my copy back to be sure.

I think it does matter- his mobility is severely inhibited if he can't teleport and then be able to fight immediately. And the fact that David mentioned that one of his tactics was teleporting really close and melting you by proximity, he seems too bold for someone who is killable for two minutes after every teleportation. Either way we can work around it.

actually that is true, he only shot him once and expected him to not be able to willfully teleport back. Unless he assumed that Oblit had wilfully teleported within the last two minutes? I'd have to reread the scene once i get my copy back to be sure.

I think it does matter- his mobility is severely inhibited if he can't teleport and then be able to fight immediately. And the fact that David mentioned that one of his tactics was teleporting really close and melting you by proximity, he seems too bold for someone who is killable for two minutes after every teleportation. Either way we can work around it.

Wait, is what you mean his active teleportation putting his danger sense tied one on cooldown? Yeah, I doubt that.

• 1 year later...