Dr Rab Heatherlocke would like to point out that while he is a doctor (he has a badge, so it must be true), he neither carries a stethoscope, nor does he have a white coat. I mean, surely you all can see that, right? The fact I've been wearing this lovely canary yellow jacket the whole time?

So, I guess at this point, we just want to get some discussion going, so I'm going to poke Lord Pifferdoo.

EDIT:

Wyrm, a question if I may. for the lynch votes, will we be getting a tally at the beginning of the next cycle? If so, how do Auctioned votes appear? As in, Mailliw has auctioned of his vote this round (and he can't retract that). Will his name appear in a list of voters should someone purchase his vote and use it on someone?

Also, slightly concerned about how the mechanics seem to favour the Lawmen this game. Of course, I'm new, and could be misreading things

Edited by Haelbarde

"Doctor Wintre, is that true? How is it that we've never gotten together to discuss our work? No matter; we're here now. My name is Nowko Lestibournes; I specialize in the study of bronzepulses. It's a fascinating area, not least of which because it is just so poorly understood -- I would argue that of the sixteen metals, bronze is the most mysterious, Allomantically speaking." Nowko paused for effect, taking the opportunity to push his glasses back up his nose.

"Take this: the histories say that the Warrior Ascendant could feel the Well of Ascension calling to her across the world with her bronze. But how is this possible? Surely the Well was not burning metals at the time! And this is just the tip of the iceberg! If you'll just excuse me, I must go and fetch my notes..." The short, wiry man bustled off, seeming almost to have forgotten that he was involved in a conversation.

A vote on The Doctor (ostrichofevil), that will be rescinded as soon as he joins the Doctors' Guild. Come, my friend, you belong there if anyone does!

Edited by Wonko the Sane

@Emerald: awwww. Does that mean that if I switch my vote, you'll move yours?

Now, Dr Rab Heatherlocke would also like to add to his previous comments that he is upset with the perpetrator of the murder of Warn for marring the good name of doctor by his actions as a lawman.

I think the rule which gives us money to vote, plus the fact we have no info yet, is more the reason for the random voting.

Also, for the record, be careful about auctioning of your votes. I think it's a dangerous practice.

Dowanx. I don't even think you are a real doctor! Where are you credentials?!

I think that for at least today it will be completely random voting. If there is only one vote per person then it will just be a random person dying which may be the best for the first round.

EDIT: Vote Colour

Edited by Clanky

You want to kill the person that began the lynch discussion? I implore you dear fellow, look to they day 1 discussion of any game and you will see that players like Meta are almost always in favor of a day 1 lynch. It does seem as if Jain isn't going to show up. Now, the only person that makes sense for me to vote for is phatt, since he wants me dead and is disregarding the whole randomness factor. However, if I vote for somebody else then I could create a 2-way tie. I'll leave things as they are and see what happens. When does the cycle end?

I'm going to vote for Winter, for the sole reason that she was evil in the LG. 

That's right, I'm going Meta on this one.

Not you, Meta.

Not yet.  :ph34r:

By the way Haelbarde, if you don't vote for me, I'll make you a stethoscope that is coated in a deadly poison!

Dang, usually I'm lucky and the writeup is when I'm home. But this game I'll be 7 hours late to the party every cycle.

A poke vote on Joe for some discussion and for my money.

Your Money? I never took any of your money scoundrel! You take that back!

Yes, yes, i know you're talking about getting paid, but that's not what it sounds like.

A vote on The Doctor (ostrichofevil), that will be rescinded as soon as he joins the Doctors' Guild. Come, my friend, you belong there if anyone does!

I will vote for Wonko the Sane! to be retracted when he leaves the guild of doctors. MUAHAHAHA!!!

Dowanx. I don't even think you are a real doctor! Where are you credentials?!

I think that for at least today it will be completely random voting. If there is only one vote per person then it will just be a random person dying which may be the best for the first round.

That will probably result in the spiked lynching a experienced player, especially since there are two auctioned off votes already, so we can't count on those being placed on people without votes. Actually, I don't think anyone should buy a vote today, since there's not enough info yet.

We also need a plan for the smoking Gun. Are we just going to leave it up to the player to decide who kills who? I say we use the votes to decide. If we can all agree to shoot whoever has the second most votes, then we might be able to get more information from the smoking gun kills if someone without enough votes is shot.

EDIT1:

A vote for Dr Rab Heatherlocke (Haelbarde) on account of his voting for Lord Pifferdoo.

*fades back into the background hopefully unnoticed*

Why are you so protective of Pifferdoo?

EDIT2: Vote Tally

Votes for sale(2): Mailliw, Ostrichofevil (Maybe? He didn't colour it, does that count Wyrm?)

Phattemer(1): Feligon

Surgebound Rainspren(1): Lightsworn Panda

Haelbarde(1): Emerald101

Araris(1): Phattemer

Dowanx(1): Clanky

Winter(1): Pifferdoo

Phattemer(1): Araris

Lightsworn Panda(1): The Only Joe

Pifferdoo(1): Winter Cloud

EDIT3: Added my vote on Wonko.

EDIT4: No longer being updated.

Edited by The Only Joe

By the way Haelbarde, if you don't vote for me, I'll make you a stethoscope that is coated in a deadly poison!

To be clear, is that you'll kill me by poisoned stethoscope if I shift my vote, or you'll give me a stethoscope to kill people with as a reward for not voting. 'Cos I'm hoping its the latter. If the former, well, I'm dead either way... Regardless, I'll rescind my poke vote on Lord Pifferdoo, and keep it to myself for the time being.

Hope that lets you (re)move your vote from me, Emerald.

That will probably result in the spiked lynching a experienced player, especially since there are two auctioned off votes already, so we can't count on those being placed on people without votes. Actually, I don't think anyone should buy a vote today, since there's not enough info yet.

We also need a plan for the smoking Gun. Are we just going to leave it up to the player to decide who kills who? I say we use the votes to decide. If we can all agree to shoot whoever has the second most votes, then we might be able to get more information from the smoking gun kills if someone without enough votes is shot.

At this stage, that sounds like a good idea to me, though it does still allow the Lawmen some influence over who the villagers target. Some discussion on plans for the smoking gun would be good.

A query: What happens if the player with the smoking gun targets the person to be lynched. The Lynch happens before the gun goes off. Does it miss, kill someone random, or kill the owner?

I agree with The Only Joe - probably best to not buy votes this round. Another question though - Is 'No Vote' a valid vote option, and if so, can a vote bought at auction be allocated to 'No Vote'?

EDIT 1:

Bah, I hate to keep agree with the same person already, but he keeps saying things that I've been thinking. Gonna have to post them first next time.

A vote for Dr Rab Heatherlocke (Haelbarde) on account of his voting for Lord Pifferdoo.

*fades back into the background hopefully unnoticed*

Why are you so protective of Pifferdo?

This is a question I would like answered Emerald. Edited by Haelbarde

Okay, a couple things. First off, let's not lynch the new guy. :P How rude of you to begin voting for Hael when this is his first game. :P

Second, I don't think auctioning off or buying votes is a bad thing. Obviously not too many people should auction off their vote, but it could be useful for us to see where the vote goes. I would suggest a max of two players auctioning per cycle. Buying votes isn't a bad thing. It allows us to have more control over the lynch. It's essentially a Riot, without the drawback of losing your own vote. No ones ever complained about the Rioters much before.

Joe' I like that idea about the gun. Whether or not we decide for it to be the second most voted for or not, I think we should definitely discuss who to use it on.

Phatt, It's not my fault you got lynched.  Blame yourself and don't randomly kill people just for their powers.  An ally with those powers is more helpful than just the powers.  I'm saying powers a lot, but who cares?  Powers are awesome.  I'm powering up my power to empower the Scoundrel powers.  The powers lines are not out, so power to the people.  This post kinda got away from me.

My vote is there to stay, you all know my absolutely rational reasoning.

Edit: clarity and Phatt

Edited by Feligon

I guess the difference here is that anyone can pay to be a Rioter. It's dangerous in that it's votes that villagers scoundrels (sorry in advance if I keep using the wrong terminology) don't get to make, but also potentially useful for someone if they had information. For instance, if there is a scoundrel seeker, it gives them a way to influence the lynch vote without revealing themselves as target.

There is probably some information to be gained from the way auction votes are used, I get the feeling that we're going to need everything we get, so there's that. I wouldn't want there to be more than 2-3 votes available to buy though, unless everyone's voting. Even 3 is enough to swing a vote.

I just hope I sent in my bid before anyone else :) And just in case there is some emotimancy, I'm gonna vote for Phatt. There have really been 3 decisions made by people in this game, and thus only really 4 people that should be voted for. There is myslef, who voted first and started this whole mess. There are Mailliw and Ostrich, who sold their votes, and thus did something public that can be analyzed, and then there is Phatt, who voted for the guy that started the entire productive discussion for the whole game. So I suggest that people take theri pick from that list of 4 people and vote wisely.

Edit: Not fixing the seplling error

Edited by Araris Valerian

...What?

What are you saying that too?

On those four, you're not suspicious in that matter at all, since somebody needed to start it, if you hadn't I would have. Mailliw and Ostrich are probably just playing the long game, gathering coins so that they can control more votes in the late game. That could be taken either way. Spiked and Villagers alike would do that. Phattemer was simply acting on the little information he had, and came to a shaky conclusion. Any of those four could be spiked or not. I don't know. I'll leave my vote on Wonko, since he's still trying to Shanghai people into his guild.

Hmm...  now, here's the thing.  I have no idea who is really guilty, so I'll just shoot randomly, normally this works.  The doctor with the axe.  There, that wasn't so hard.  He is suspicious because he cleaned his axe recently.  Was it dull from cutting into people's homes?  That, I don't know but he sounds like he has a frog in his mouth.  Therefore, only he could be responsible for the acts of axe (try saying that five times, fast).  What does this mean?  He has amphibian breath, much worse than lizard breath, if you ask me.  That's why I randomly voted for Downax.  I would have thought this was obvious.

My vote is there to stay, you all know my absolutely rational reasoning.

Huh. Not sure how I missed that. Dowanx isn't the doctor with the axe... Feligon, are youtrying to vote for Dowanx or Phattemer? And either way, it looks like another random vote to me. Just baddly worded.

Yeah. Ordinarily I wouldn't say something without context like that, but I thought it would be fine, since my post directly followed his.

And my vote on The Doctor was never meant to last through the cycle, whether he succumbed to the pressure or not; It was just a viral marketing campaign. I may be an unscrupulous recruiter, but I'm not that cruel. Nor would I give up my final vote just to recruit one member.

How should we decide the gun target? We should decide that soon so that we don't have as many random deaths. Joe, I get email notifications. No need to search.

Currently suggesting Fel for the kill, partly because I have no idea what the heck his last post means.