Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

On 4/20/2017 at 9:43 AM, Staphylococcus said:

The funny thing is, this actually happened to me.

I totally did this too, at the Library two weeks ago. I did a double take, took it down from the shelf and opened it to see if it was in extra large print for the elderly. Nope. Ha ha ha! That book is HUGE.

7 hours ago, Meannadarie said:

I totally did this too, at the Library two weeks ago. I did a double take, took it down from the shelf and opened it to see if it was in extra large print for the elderly. Nope. Ha ha ha! That book is HUGE.

IT IS!!!

When I started WoK I was like "why am I only 30% in after 4 days spent mostly reading?" so I talked to my friend who has a physical copy and who told me "well, it's huge. It looks daunting. I've had it for a year and still haven't got the courage to read it." So yeah. And then I saw it. It looks like a brick. :D

23 hours ago, Meannadarie said:

It is!

Funny thing is, the size of WoK is the only reason I'm a Sanderfan today. If it wasn't the biggest book I've ever seen in a bookstore, I would probably never buy it in the first place, and thus never discover the Cosmere... 

Clipboard01.jpg.855a9d37a531ceb16a1afc6f55b064ce.jpg

On 4/25/2017 at 3:18 PM, Meannadarie said:

Fun story: The first time I read WOK I checked it out from my university's library, and it was the full-size hardcover. I work in the library and never go anywhere without something to read, so for a few weeks I was toting that giant brick of a book around in my backpack, in and out of the library every day. And every single time I walked through the security gates with the book in my bag, they would start wailing the alarm that I was trying to take library property out of the building without checking it out. (This happened both when I was leaving and when I was entering.) It got to the point where the security guards who were on shift at the times of day when I was coming and going started to recognize me, and I quit carrying the book in my bag so that I could have it ready in my hands for the guards to scan and verify that it'd already been checked out and I wasn't trying to steal it.

And you know why that happened? The security gates were reacting to a little magnetic piece of security tape in the book's spine that wasn't working properly because WOK is so storming fat.

36 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

So this was posted to one of the Facebook groups I participate in...

5903a3c1cfaae_HemalurgyCovertFail.jpg.138f11bbfc50f546989153cd1161af2e.jpg

From what I know of Hemalurgy, they're trying to steal the Feruchemical Hybrid powers, right? So these Earth Hemalurgists must know of a gathering of Feruchemists somewhere... Interesting...

2 minutes ago, Nashan'Elin said:

From what I know of Hemalurgy, they're trying to steal the Feruchemical Hybrid powers, right? So these Earth Hemalurgists must know of a gathering of Feruchemists somewhere... Interesting...

Don't ask me; my technical knowledge of Hemalurgy (e.g. which metal does what) is even more sketchy than my knowledge of Feruchemy.

26 minutes ago, Firerust the Terris Gyorn said:

Really? I thought it was only 994 pages long, while WoK was 1008 and WoR was 1088. According to iTunes. Where did they say it's larger?

"Larger" is probably referring to word counts, not pages.