Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

On 8/23/2016 at 6:37 PM, Eccentric Hero said:

I've seen it used by theorists before H&HVillains.

Also, beware. I plan to be posting a new rare pepe here, one with spiked eyes. Evil intensivies. >: D

...NO! DO NOT CREATE SUCH AN ABOMINATION!

On 9/3/2016 at 5:58 PM, Brightness Enna said:

Yes! Three for the ship! I can officially put it in my sig now. And oh I'm gonna

Can somebody explain to me what the whole ship name thing is...? I've seen a few of these and I don't get it.

Also, reading through some of these I am sad I ran out of upvotes for the day.

Edited by Drake Marshall

41 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

...NO! DO NOT CREATE SUCH AN ABOMINATION!

Can somebody explain to me what the whole ship name thing is...? I've seen a few of these and I don't get it.

Thank you for reminding me; I've been delaying it. Expect it someday.

We support Enna being with Adolin, rather than Shallan and Adolin, or anyone other than Enna.

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

'Ship' is short for relationship; when fans play matchmaker with a fandom's characters it's called 'shipping'. Ennadolin is a particular ship between user Enna and Adolin.

4 minutes ago, Elenion said:

'Ship' is short for relationship; when fans play matchmaker with a fandom's characters it's called 'shipping'. Ennadolin is a particular ship between user Enna and Adolin.

It's worth noting that usually all kinds of sailing-related terms bleed over to shipping. You can say that a ship sailed away, or sunk, or that a ship fired canon (it means it became canon) and so on.

There's a also ship-to-ship combat... I'm not sure whether there is something about pirates. It might be, I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Oversleep

Just now, Oversleep said:

It's worth noting that usually all kinds of sailing-related terms bleed over to shipping. You can say that a ship sailed away, or sunk, or that a ship fired canon (it means it became canon) and so on.

Okay, that I didn't know. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Oversleep said:

There's a also ship-to-ship combat... I'm not sure whether there is something about pirates. It might be, I wouldn't be surprised.

I've never heard of a ship sailing away. What does that mean?

2 hours ago, Delightful said:

I've never heard of a ship sailing away. What does that mean?

I have to ask this question also, I don't recall seeing that phrase before. I have seen "the ship has sailed", though, meaning that something happened that makes people start shipping a particular ship.  

And, of course, my favourite "launcher of a thousand ships", meaning the person who gets shipped with everyone. In Cosmere case that'd probably be Kaladin. :lol: Oh, and "ships that pass in the night", AKA shipping two people who's never shared pagetime together. Kaladin and Jasnah, in this case.

Edited by Rasarr