Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

18 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Where do you find this joke? I've heard it mentioned but I don't get it!

Well, you probably don't remember it, but when you join the Shard there are a few odd jokes during the registration. One is that Rubix, one of the site's admins (I think) will own your soul unless you yodel with a sandal over your head, and that he'll probably sell it for a bagel in mere moments.

18 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Well, you probably don't remember it, but when you join the Shard there are a few odd jokes during the registration. One is that Rubix, one of the site's admins (I think) will own your soul unless you yodel with a sandal over your head, and that he'll probably sell it for a bagel in mere moments.

...Huh.

I have absolutely no memory of that. Can one see it after one has already registered?

22 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

...Huh.

I have absolutely no memory of that. Can one see it after one has already registered?

Nope but I think I might’ve taken a screenshot of it? I’ll look into the deep recesses of my photos.

I’ll edit it in here if I find it

Edited by Cinnamon

POV: You're an average Sanderfan

Spoiler

Hey, what's this coppermind thing?! Seems kinda cool

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Five hours later:

Spoiler

63d81059ad91e_Screenshot2023-01-301_44_56PM.thumb.png.07dcec084db0c8ec4a70386e85d1b09a.pngf12b009fb82807fc66a8f569c83b2059.jpg.c90905a106a338b07aeb2f4a3c8be427.jpg

Edited by Shining Silhouette

6 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

POV: You're an average Sanderfan

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, what's this coppermind thing?! Seems kinda cool

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Five hours later:

Hide contents

63d81059ad91e_Screenshot2023-01-301_44_56PM.thumb.png.07dcec084db0c8ec4a70386e85d1b09a.pngf12b009fb82807fc66a8f569c83b2059.jpg.c90905a106a338b07aeb2f4a3c8be427.jpg

I have done this.

All of Mistborn Era 2, probably TLM. (Not much to do with TLM, but I'll mark that just in case. )

Spoiler

For anyone who does not know, atium moon is a theory that in order for Harmony to get rid of excess Ruin investiture, he will make a bunch of atium in space, aka atium moon. 

meme-18.jpg.52cf6bbcd7616129579d8c593f0322a0.jpg

SA, WoK I think.

Spoiler

Jasnah: Shallan, if you would, do inform me of the meaning of "take out."

Shallan: A date.

Radiant: Getting food.

Veil: Murder.

Kabsal: All of them.

1 hour ago, Odiumiumium said:

All of Mistborn Era 2, probably TLM. (Not much to do with TLM, but I'll mark that just in case. )

Reveal hidden contents

For anyone who does not know, atium moon is a theory that in order for Harmony to get rid of excess Ruin investiture, he will make a bunch of atium in space, aka atium moon. 

meme-18.jpg.52cf6bbcd7616129579d8c593f0322a0.jpg

SA, WoK I think.

Reveal hidden contents

Jasnah: Shallan, if you would, do inform me of the meaning of "take out."

Shallan: A date.

Radiant: Getting food.

Veil: Murder.

Kabsal: All of them.

The second one :lol:. It is just so good.

*amusement noises*

A... meme? But also warm fuzzy?

Spoiler
Kaladin Learning To Take Care of Himself
A Summary
TWoK:
Kaladin: *gets strung up in a highstorm and almost dies, but starts to heal and so decides he needs to do a bridge run*
Bridge Four: Kaladin. You know you need to rest and heal.
Kaladin: You're right.
Also Kaladin: Well, I'm gonna do the bridge run anyway.

WoR:
Kaladin: *falls into the chasms and almost dies because he doesn't have Stormlight, and has a badly wounded leg and side*
Dalinar: Kaladin. You know you need to rest and heal.
Also Kaladin: Well,  I'm going to go and see the army off anyway.
Bridge Four: KALADIN. You know--
Kaladin: Yeah, you're right. I should go and rest.
Also Kaladin: Well, actually, I'm going to go protect the king and receive deadly injuries from my traitor friend and also swear the Third Ideal.

O:
Kaladin: *tries and fails to save the day all by himself*
Syl: Kaladin. You know, you don't need to hold yourself accountable and get angry at yourself for every bad thing that happens.
Also Kaladin: I beat myself up a lot. That's probably the flaw that made me unable to say the Words.

RoW:
Kaladin: *endures a life of loss and darkness and has been fighting on the front lines basically nonstop since he was fifteen*
Dalinar: Kaladin. You know you need to rest and heal.
Kaladin: What! Nooo... oh wait, you're right.
Also Kaladin: Hey, it's nice to not be tense and stressed and scared 20/5*. Maybe this really is good for m--
Raboniel: HAHAHAHAHA you're funny.
Also Kaladin: Welp. Time to be tense and stressed and scared 20/5 some more. 
Dalinar after the crisis is over: Kaladin. Sorry I forced you to rest and--
Kaladin: You know what? I need time to rest and heal. A lot of it.

Hopefully KoWaT:
Kaladin: I'm okay. I'm resting, and healing, and it's nice.

*On Roshar each day has 20 hours, and each week has five days. Hence 20/5, the Rosharan version of 24/7.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed