Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

Here's some incorrect quotes. They're not always completely accurate, but I found them funny.

Wit: Must be hard not being able to laugh
Kaladin: I do have a sense of humor you know
Wit: I’ve never heard you laugh before
Kaladin: I’ve never heard you say anything funny

Lopen: You don’t know about my knife stick. It’s a knife taped to a stick and it’s the ultimate weapon.
Kaladin, not looking up from their book: Spear.
Lopen: BLOCKED.

Shallan: So what’s for dinner?
Adolin, staring at the food they just burnt: Regret.

Wit: I'm 10 times funnier than you
Kaladin: 10 times 0 is still 0 though
Wit: Jokes on you, I can't do math

*Vin doing something absurdly dangerous*
Vin: I think Houdini did something like this once! Why, if I recall correctly, he was out of the hospital in no time!
Elend, deadpan: Well that's encouraging.

Elend: I want to wake up with you every day for the rest of our lives
Vin: I wake up at 4:30 AM
Elend:
Elend: I want to see you at some point every day for the rest of our lives

Kaladin meme based on a WoB:

RoW:

Spoiler

6zvn68.jpg

The WoB:

Spoiler

Nouf

What does it mean that Kaladin is close to Honor, and how did that factor into him staying conscious while every other Windrunner in the tower didn't?

Brandon Sanderson

The nuts and bolts answer is, Kaladin basically was in a place where he could say the next oath, and should have said the next oath, and indeed knew the next oath, and it was on his tongue, and he refused to. So basically he was as close to being the next level of Knights Radiant as a person could humanly get, because everyone considered him ready except himself. He even knew that he was ready, but by saying it, it would require him to give up something that was precious to him, which is his feeling guilty. A precious part of his identity as he saw it. And he would have to relinquish that. That's the bulk of it.

The other bulk of it is, the level to which Kaladin tries to protect, the level to which Kaladin exemplifies the Ideals of the Windrunners, and indeed of the way that Honor would have all Knights Radiant act, is so over the top, in alignment with the way Honor would like it to be, that it could even be considered unhealthy. Remember, Honor didn't always encourage healthy relationships with things like the power, particularly later in his existence. So either way, Kaladin is just kind of extra aligned with that intent, if that makes any sense.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 1 (Dec. 17, 2020)

Incorrect quotes that may or may not be completely accurate, but (I think) are pretty funny.

Wayne: I'm tired.
Wax: You slept for three hours last night! Why are you surprised?!
Wayne: I'm not surprised. I just wanted to complain about it.

Steris: Wayne is not allowed to violate the dress code, even on 'casual' Fridays.
Steris: No matter how many times you say please, Wayne. We won't put any of the hats you've been asking about into the dress code.

Syl: :)
Kaladin: >:(
Syl: Turn that frown upside down!
Kaladin: ):<
Syl: Not sure what I was expecting...