Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

13 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

I'm not Ashspren, but I can probably explain it. What do you not understand?

Oh, I understand. I'm trying to get her, as a fierce Shadolin shipper, to explain why it's Veil and not Shallan who likes Adolin, and how he did in fact get character development.

10 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

So, this one might have already been posted, so if so, sorry!

EDIT: Shoot, it didn't show up and I just double posted AGAIN! I'm so sorry! I promise Im trying!

You can report the post and have it merged.

2 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Okay, so I can explain Adolin's character development (however slight it might be), but I have my own ideas as to what is going to happen with the SKA love triangle. 

OB spoilers below. I know it's past the spoiler period, but I still don't want to ruin anything for anyone. 

Hide contents

Character Development: 
If you think about it, Adolin's always seemed like the happy-rainbow-butterfly-sunshine kind of person. But, he changes throughout the series so far. He stabs Sadeas in the eye, killing him. He's faced with a sudden flood of insecurities: everyone around him is becoming increasingly important in the history of the Cosmere and what might happen in the future. Being unimportant is a feeling that Adolin is not used to. While this may seem like a first world problem, it's undoubtedly jarring, and could happen to anyone. Fading into the background is a scary feeling, and one is subject to question their self-worth and whether they are "doing enough". So yes, Adolin is beginning to change as a character. Hopefully, Brandon will capitalize on this fact and make a good, full character arc. 

Shallan's Predicament:
First, I honestly think Shallan needs to get her priorities straight. She's a Radiant, and can now clearly pay back the Soulcaster, but instead she's focused on "Who should I love?" rather than "The world is ending, so what should I do to be productive?". Also, I personally think that both Adolin and Kaladin are too good for her, but I digress. 
I think that Shallan needs to recognize that Veil, Radiant, and the person she calls "Shallan" are all a part of her. Basically, I believe she is taking the parts of her that she doesn't like for a certain job and turning them into different people. So when she says that Veil was attracted to Kaladin, she's really just trying to pin those feelings on a "different person" with "bad taste". She's solving her emotional struggle the easy way by choosing the safer option –– which is Adolin, for numerous reasons –– and therefore not facing her problems head-on. Though she really does have feelings for both Adolin and Kaladin, she shuts out her feelings for the latter. Eventually, I think we're going to end up seeing the following... 

• Shallan and Adolin have a son or daughter. 
  • Adolin dies, either in battle or through rivalry, which throws Shallan into a state of depression. 
  • Shallan goes through a rough time with Pattern, as she has no control over her actions or emotions. 
  • Kaladin helps Shallan to get over Adolin, and eventually becomes a better version of herself. 
  • Kaladin and Shallan fall in love. 

Of course, this is all just my personal opinion, but I really think this is plausible. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. 

Okay, so after all that, I should probably make a meme. 

Unknown.jpeg.1ddc1fccfc8a4f3fc0e37313a3437311.jpeg

Yep, knew you'd do it better than me.

3 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Okay, so I can explain Adolin's character development

OB spoilers below. I know it's past the spoiler period, but I still don't want to ruin anything for anyone. 

Reveal hidden contents

Character Development: 
If you think about it, Adolin's always seemed like the happy-rainbow-butterfly-sunshine kind of person. But, he changes throughout the series so far. He stabs Sadeas in the eye, killing him. He's faced with a sudden flood of insecurities: everyone around him is becoming increasingly important in the history of the Cosmere and what might happen in the future. Being unimportant is a feeling that Adolin is not used to. While this may seem like a first world problem, it's undoubtedly jarring, and could happen to anyone. Fading into the background is a scary feeling, and one is subject to question their self-worth and whether they are "doing enough". So yes, Adolin is beginning to change as a character. Hopefully, Brandon will capitalize on this fact and make a good, full character arc. 

Shallan's Predicament:
First, I honestly think Shallan needs to get her priorities straight. She's a Radiant, and can now clearly pay back the Soulcaster, but instead she's focused on "Who should I love?" rather than "The world is ending, so what should I do to be productive?". Also, I personally think that both Adolin and Kaladin are too good for her, but I digress. 
I think that Shallan needs to recognize that Veil, Radiant, and the person she calls "Shallan" are all a part of her. Basically, I believe she is taking the parts of her that she doesn't like for a certain job and turning them into different people. So when she says that Veil was attracted to Kaladin, she's really just trying to pin those feelings on a "different person" with "bad taste". She's solving her emotional struggle the easy way by choosing the safer option –– which is Adolin, for numerous reasons –– and therefore not facing her problems head-on. Though she really does have feelings for both Adolin and Kaladin, she shuts out her feelings for the latter. Eventually, I think we're going to end up seeing the following... 

• Shallan and Adolin have a son or daughter. 
  • Adolin dies, either in battle or through rivalry, which throws Shallan into a state of depression. 
  • Shallan goes through a rough time with Pattern, as she has no control over her actions or emotions. 
  • Kaladin helps Shallan to get over Adolin, and eventually becomes a better version of herself. 
  • Kaladin and Shallan fall in love. 

Of course, this is all just my personal opinion, but I really think this is plausible. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. 

Spoiler

Yeah but Adolin murdering Sadeas wasn’t really change we could see that he hated Sadeas and threatened him before, he just finally did it. His feeling unimportant was pretty small, and it’s impermanency makes it feel more like a new emotion and less like actual character development and revelations about new parts of Adolin. He’s still the mostly the same person he was in the beginning, with a few changes so minor that he might as well have not changed at all.

Storms I always wind up debating even in meme threads

Edited by IGetLIFTed

28 minutes ago, whattheHoid said:

Brilliant @AonEne for summoning the succinct explainer @Ashspren. Maybe OB spoilers?

Hide contents

If Adolin dies I am going into mourning. Don't. Do. It. Brandon! Also, not Kaladin either. No! Brandon! Just, no! There is only so much a girl can take!

Next he will write a WoT sequel in which

spoilers for who doesn't die

Spoiler

Lan dies a painful, gruesome death

2 hours ago, whattheHoid said:

Brilliant @AonEne for summoning the succinct explainer @Ashspren. Maybe OB spoilers?

Reveal hidden contents

If Adolin dies I am going into mourning. Don't. Do. It. Brandon! Also, not Kaladin either. No! Brandon! Just, no! There is only so much a girl can take!

Spoiler

As Adolin’s #1 fangirl and future wife (I wish), I agree with you, 100%. And Kaladin... he’s finally becoming happy...

2 hours ago, IGetLIFTed said:

Hide contents

Yeah but Adolin murdering Sadeas wasn’t really change we could see that he hated Sadeas and threatened him before, he just finally did it. His feeling unimportant was pretty small, and it’s impermanency makes it feel more like a new emotion and less like actual character development and revelations about new parts of Adolin. He’s still the mostly the same person he was in the beginning, with a few changes so minor that he might as well have not changed at all.

Storms I always wind up debating even in meme threads

Spoiler

Though the emotions and actions may seem small, I feel like they’re baby steps to a bigger transformation. Again, just my personal opinion... maybe Brandon just hated Sadeas as much as the rest of us. *shrugs*