Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

1 hour ago, Pagerunner said:

Pagerunner asked Brandon a question in an AMA on a Sunday. As he eagerly awaited the answer, Brandon told him, "I will reply to your question some day this week. But I will not tell you on which day I will reply, so when I do, it will come as a complete surprise to you."

Pagerunner began to ponder what Brandon had said. If Saturday arrived, and Brandon had not yet answered his question, then he would know that Brandon could only reply later that Saturday, and the answer would not come as a surprise to him. Therefore, Pagerunner knew that Brandon would not respond to him on Saturday.

But if Friday arrived, then there would only be two days left for Brandon to reply. Having already eliminated Saturday as a possibility, then he would know that Brandon could only reply later that Friday, and the answer would not come as a surprise to him. Therefore, Pagerunner knew that Brandon would not respond to him on Friday.

In a similar fashion, Pagerunner eliminated Thursday, then Wednesday, then Tuesday, then Monday, and last of all Sunday. With no days remaining where Brandon could answer his question, Pagerunner dejectedly closed out of the AMA, saddened that he would never receive his answer.

And on Wednesday, when Brandon replied to Pagerunner's question, it came as a complete surprise to him.

It's posts like this that tempt me to create alt accounts for maximum upvoting power.

Image result for maximus decimus meridius

"My name is Kaladin Stormblessed, Knight Radiant of the Windrunners, Leader of Bridge Four, loyal servant to the true Bright Lord, Dalinar Kholin. Brother to a murdered brother, Captain to a murdered squad. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Edited by Pagliacci
added Kholin to Dalinar