Alloy of Law era Mistborn rp [Planning+Characters]

Kestrel

Alright some Souter Somnus character fleshing. 

Appearance: Souter Somnus has eyes the color of dirt after a seven-year drought. His hair lies flat on his head like a tired brown dog taking a nap after a long day of doing nothing. His is average height and a little overweight from the years of somewhat comfortable farm life. He often wears a white-and-periwinkle striped button-up shirt and a pair of well-worn beige trousers. His boots are scuffed but fit comfortably. He has chronic bags underneath his eyes. He has a pair of googles that he will wear when the winds get especially bad, and a white kerchief with red flowers is always in his shirt pocket. 

Powers: Souter Somnus is a Sentry (for sure this time). He wears Bronzemind rings on his left hand, a bracer on his left, and his Pathist Earring is made of Bronze.

Arms: Souter wields a Carbine (or the AoL equivalent), a smaller, cheap pistol that he rarely uses, and a knife at his hip. He also has a small aluminum bootknife that he acquired from his bandit-ish years. 

Alright, so Souter used to be a bandit, but gave up that life when he met his now-wife, Rachelle. They have two children, a four year-old daughter named Asha and a son named Eleeis. 

Now, whose bandit clan can Souter be a former member of?

Sorry, but I posted on the front that no more Twinborn are allowed. We already have too many, and we need to keep things relatively statistically accurate.

--

I have another character. He's an Aluminum Gnat. Savant. He burns it for fun.

Btw- Lady Eowyn, is there a particular reason why Finner doesn't like the Sheriffs Office- or should I introduce one now? 

If the Sherrifs office is corrupt or anything, introducing that in the introduction of the office would be most effective- unless Finners grudge is for personal reasons?
Just thought I'd ask in case it was important to your character :B

well Finner's had some bad experiences with law enforcement, and tends to not trust them. Plus, as you've noticed, he doesn't exactly respect all of the laws, heh.

But it totally makes sense for there to be corruption in the sheriff's office, that would make sense in respect to scadrial and would give finn further reason to dislike the sheriff's. c:

Seriously considering making that Aluminium savant. For the giggles and irony. He could literally just burn it out of boredom and he got used to it. It does nothing but he still burns it.

Oh, speaking of asking people- Eowyn, are you ok with what I've constructed in terms of who we're hunting and whatnot? It seemed like a clever move to make at the time, but it is a rather major decision I should have run by you first- sorry... 3:

Edited by Unodus

I'm with Lark and Winter Cloud on this one.

@Unodus- No it's totally great!! Better than anything I could come up with for sure. Totally works. Have to admit when I read 'Mistborn', I was a bit on edge.. But then I read the bit about the misting posse, and it all made sense, heh. I love your idea actually c:

I'm excited!! Working on my reply now

We also need a way to pull all our characters together, which I think was going to be the main first plot in general. They all team up and fight a group of criminals. Some big event needs to draw them together.

Well, if you need a main plot, Lark- what if all the characters were competing to capture "Jon the mistborn" for the ridiculous bounty? We could do it in segments, each "team" races to capture the most "Disciples" before exposing and turning in Jon and his gang for the huge reward. What  I was planning was that each "disciple" would be at a separate location- and would require careful planning and strategy in order to capture that specific disciple (Similar to the Wheel of Time, where in the earlier books- each forsaken acts to their own ends, and are gradually taken down one at a time). We could have each "team" interact in competition, trying to capture more disciples than the others in order to be the first to find Jon. Of course, this would be a very long term goal- as each character has their own priorities to focus on primarily as well.

That's the bare bones of the idea we could use, obviously I can expand on it if people are interested :3

Btw, if Ventures riot is going to be an issue- perhaps Kherstor would be best to pacify the situation? Given that he can nullify allomancers with chromium, which we already know are among the ambushers- that would in turn cause the attackers to panic and scatter. It would be a good way to have all our characters gathered in one place so that they can introduce each other to each other, and we could embed the sudden attack as a mystery to be explored further in the plot- I feel that would be better than just erasing the incident entirely. Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter? Obviously, we should be more open in creating such events in the future- but we may as well make the most of it, since its there- right?

I'm waiting on somebody to recognize Souter from his bandit days.

Waiting? But you haven't posted anything yet, though? :V

I don't mind helping you into the story though, if that's what you're asking- given that Kherstor can recognize most criminals from their bountys.

I'm about to have Finner take Kherstor to the Iron Inn, which is where Resool and Alahya are headed if I remember correctly :>

Edit: Well, if we're going to remove the riot. Which is what I was about to ask... Are we going with the riot or no?

Edited by Lady Eowyn

I'm waiting on somebody to recognize Souter from his bandit days.

Oh, I thought you had a specific person in mind for that, not that it was open for everyone. I already have two characters and neither can fill the role you're asking.

Edited by Lady Eowyn

I'm fine with keeping the riot in, as long as it'll serve a purpose later on. I do like your idea, Uno, about using Jon. The attack could be from him, actually, especially if he heard that there's new lawmen in town. There could be some random attacks (that possibly Bella would know about, as I'm assuming she lives there), and she could explain the situation once everyone is gathered and at the inn.

I do admit, though, I haven't been reading Eowyn and Uno's posts. I need to go do that when I have time. I'm awful oops.

Lol, they are quite long. c: But storms am I having fun already.

But if the attack is from Jon, my only issue is the number of men. 20+ bandits feels like a lot to me. Most people don't believe Jon even exists, right? I doubt that he'd send a large group of men to attack Callingfale, the town he's staying in/near, just after it received an influx of Misting and Twinborn lawkeepers. also, Jon seems to prefer quiet assassination over brutal and up-front attacks. If he did send men to attack, I think it'd be more likely to be a few trained Mistings in the middle of the night going in for a stealth-kill type thing. (assassination. The word I was looking for was assassination.) kolo? I mean, unless the people don't know the riot is from Jon? idk. How many followers does Jon have? would he risk that many people in an attack against other mistings/twinborns? am I overthinking this? too many questions? idk, man. idk.

I do really like the idea of Jon sending attacks tho. perfect way to get this started imo.

Also, Lark, is there going to be any specific person in charge of acting as Jon/posse? Or is it going to be a "whenever you run into them you're in charge of them" type thing?