Hello!

Addison

I'll start out by admitting that, no, I did not just create this account. I actually joined back in 2011, posted a few times about some allomantic table woodworking I was doing, then never came back. Never finished the project either. :-\

Anyway, hi!

My name is Addison Smith, and I live in northern Minnesota. I'm a big fan of BWS' Cosmere work (haven't read any non-cosmere), and, moreover, epic fantasy. I discovered Sanderson's work, like many, when it was announced that he would be finishing the Wheel of Time, and got hooked!

So, about me... I'm a writer, first and foremost. I started out with flash fiction about five years ago, and have slowly been building my way toward the lengths customary in the epic fantasy I love so much. I am... very far from that point. I'm working on a story entitled, "Under City" right now, and expect to finish it at around 40,000 words. That will make it by far the longest thing I've ever written.

I've been a member of a few different writing communities over the past few years, but decided that, while I am a writer, the communities I really want to be a part of are the ones with all the fans. Since it was Elantris that gave me the desire to write in the first place, this seemed the best place to be.

So, that's about it! I can't wait to meet all of you, and thanks for having me. 

*sneaks over to the creator's corner*