Zas678

Byu Cosmere Club

706 posts in this topic

Is it 8 or 8:30 we're meeting on Thursday?

I think @little wilson said 8:30 would work better for her. That's what I'm planning on for now. Also @slowswift have you found out your work schedule yet?

On Sunday, April 08, 2018 at 5:14 PM, Slowswift said:

I'm not sure -- I usually don't get my schedule for the next week until Friday. If my current schedule holds, then yes.

Have you found out your schedule for thursday yet?

Yeah, I get off at 8:30 on Thursday, so I'll change and head straight to BYU, I think, after work.

Ok, let's confirm the head count then so I can get the right amount of pizza. A summary:

@Slowswift and @little wilson are coming for sure, and so am I (Sunbird).

@RippleGylf, you said you were free this Thursday, right? And @Taliax, you're coming too, just maybe a little late?

@Finallity and @Wyndlerunner both expressed interest but haven't said much about availability. @cleoslemonade, you said you're "down with whenever," so I assume that means you are coming?

To reiterate, we're meeting at 8:30 PM this Thursday, April 19th, in the Cougareat, and I'm providing pizza. Any special requests or requirements for pizza? I know Wilson wants either deep-dish or thin crust, and Slowswift is vegetarian, so one pizza will be cheese only. I'll just stick with good ol' pepperoni for the others if nobody objects.

(On a related note, does anyone know why Domino's online ordering system keeps saying none of the stores in Orem or Provo accept the 50% off discount code?)

25 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

and Slowswift is vegetarian

*mostly, nowadays. ;) (I still prefer cheese though, if that's all right?)

(Also, I just wanna apologize again for the last time I brought pizza. :P)

44 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

*mostly, nowadays. ;) (I still prefer cheese though, if that's all right?)

Haha. Of course I'll still bring a cheese pizza for you. :)

1 minute ago, Sunbird said:

Haha. Of course I'll still bring a cheese pizza for you. :)

Yay! :D Thanks!

Edited by Slowswift

I'll be there!

I'll be there and I won't be late actually :)

Also Slowswift your pizza was great, no need to apologize!

When do we want to meet up this month/do we want to meet up this month?

Worth pointing out - I should be rolling into town the night of May 30th and staying a couple of days. @Rubix and @firstRainbowRose are being gracious hosts and (presumably) going to be in some control of my schedule, but I'll be in the area.

Would be happy to meet this month (as long as there is sufficiently advance warning to request a compatible schedule from work... ;)), and would be happy to see you there, Kaymyth!

Of course we'd love to have you, @Kaymyth! I'm still figuring out what the rest of my summer is going to be like (I need to find a job), but I'll keep you guys in the loop as far as it affects my ability to attend Cosmere Club.

I'ma be joining this, unless there's an application.

In which case I'll be applying soon--and then I will join you all this fall.

Well, that didn't happen. Wanna do it again soon, for reals this time? :P 

And we'd love to have you, Walin! The more the merrier! (And no application required. ;) )

Alas, I'm not available this month

Glad to have you, Walin! Besides Wyndlerunner, what are everyone's schedules like for July? I'm free most evenings.

My work schedule is still fairly erratic from day to day and week to week. I'm generally off Mondays (or at least Monday nights by a reasonable time if I work) and am never free Saturday evenings. The rest of the days are up in the air, though I'm pretty sure I'll have both Thursday and Friday off in about two weeks, so maybe one of those two days?

29 minutes ago, little wilson said:

My work schedule is still fairly erratic from day to day and week to week. I'm generally off Mondays (or at least Monday nights by a reasonable time if I work) and am never free Saturday evenings. The rest of the days are up in the air, though I'm pretty sure I'll have both Thursday and Friday off in about two weeks, so maybe one of those two days?

I might be able to do Thursday or Friday that week. It's the 19th and 20th, right?

Yeah, though having gotten my schedule now, I'm working Thursday night but not Wednesday and probably not Friday. So I'm available Monday evening, all day Wednesday and Friday, or Saturday evening (yes, yes, I know I said I'm never free Saturday evening. This is a rare case of me opening Saturday rather than closing).

4 hours ago, little wilson said:

Yeah, though having gotten my schedule now, I'm working Thursday night but not Wednesday and probably not Friday. So I'm available Monday evening, all day Wednesday and Friday, or Saturday evening (yes, yes, I know I said I'm never free Saturday evening. This is a rare case of me opening Saturday rather than closing).

I don't really know what my next week is going to be like yet, but Monday evening is less likely to work for me than other nights that week. Also, my dad will be in town so I'll be wanting to spend some time with him and don't yet know what all we'll be doing and when. IIRC he's flying back out next Thursday, though, so Friday or Saturday should work even if earlier in the week doesn't.

I have yet to see my schedule for next week. I'll keep y'all posted. 

ETA: I believe I'm free most evenings. Saturday is still unknown. There's a couple other things in flux that might interfere, but I don't know yet. 

Edited by Slowswift