Zas678

Byu Cosmere Club

706 posts in this topic

Okay, so it sounds like people are good for starting this back up again. When do we want to meet?

@little wilson This week probably is not the best for me. I'd have to pull some strings to make it work, but next week is pretty open.

This week is also not great for me. Next week I might be able to swing Tues, Weds, Thurs, or Friday.

Whenever works for me.

Yeah, this week feels a little too soon. But yeah, any day next week would work for me. I don't think I have anything going on on any night. Since it looks like you're the one with the most potential issues, Sunbird, which night would work best for you?

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

Yeah, this week feels a little too soon. But yeah, any day next week would work for me. I don't think I have anything going on on any night. Since it looks like you're the one with the most potential issues, Sunbird, which night would work best for you?

Honestly, probably Friday because it means I don't have to worry about homework due the next day.

So we'll plan on Friday, the 27th at 7:00 pm? Do we want to still meet in the Wilk or go back to the JFSB? I really kind of liked that area we met in a few times on the 2nd or 3rd floor, rather than the atrium, though the atrium is easier to find.

Friday might be tricky for me, but I'll try to make it work.

And I quite like the JSFB as well. :)

I agree; non-atrium locations in the JFSB are my favorite. 

Excellent. I can bring the pizza. 

Awesome!

Yay! See y'all there!

Awesome! Looks like I can go! My brother should be able to come too, if that's not a problem. 

Also, the only other time I've been to one of these meetings was in the Wilk, so I might need some help finding you the day of. 

12 minutes ago, KnightRadiant said:

Awesome! Looks like I can go! My brother should be able to come too, if that's not a problem. 

Also, the only other time I've been to one of these meetings was in the Wilk, so I might need some help finding you the day of. 

Assuming we end up meeting in the JFSB but not in the atrium, here is some info that might be helpful:

The JFSB (Joseph F Smith Building) is directly west of the Harold B Lee Library. It's almost perfectly square in shape and has a big open courtyard in the middle with fountains. If we're not in the atrium, we'll likely be on one of the upper floors (it has 4, plus a basement). Floors 2-4 are basically just hallways lined with offices, with the occasional alcove with comfy chairs and a smallish table. We would be in one of those alcoves, and finding the right one shouldn't be hard if we're all clear about which floor we're on and which side of the building we're in. (The east side faces the library.)

I highlighted the relevant buildings on this campus map:

Spoiler

Wilkinson Center in blue, Harold B Lee Library in yellow, JFSB in green.

BYU Central Campus Hightlights.jpg

I just realized how condescending this post might sound. Please believe me when I say I'm not trying to be condescending, just as helpful as possible.

Hey, I'll probably show up this time. Am I bringing CAHsmere? 

15 hours ago, lyssie95 said:

Hey, I'll probably show up this time. Am I bringing CAHsmere? 

If you can, absolutely. :)

EDIT: btw, I just got a 50% off deal for Papa John's so we'll get to dine on better-than-Little-Caesar's pizza tonight, for nearly the same price. Can someone bring cups? I'm not sure I'll be able to juggle the pizza boxes and the soda and the cups. Seems like a good way to make a mess while opening a highly pressurized bottle of carbonated beverage. Which is....less than desirable. :P

@little wilson I can bring cups! I've still got half a package of them from my last turn providing pizza.

CAHsmere is in my backpack, it gon happen. How many people have we been getting lately? Also, heck yiss about the pizza.

Edited to add: I'm on the fourth floor on the south side doing homework. I'm happy to join others when they arrive if we wanna meet elsewhere, just throwing that out there. 

Edited by lyssie95

Hey, do we know exactly where we're meeting? If I could get a phone number, that would be awesome as well.

I don't think exact location has been decided. I'll PM you my number if you wanna come hang out where I am.

I'm going to be a little late. Papa John's didn't get the order ready when I said to have it ready by. Shall we do the second floor?

@Slowswift and I are on the the west side of the third floor, by 3101. The area here is pretty spacious and there are a fair number of comfy looking chairs

Do we want to meet next week, to fit a February meeting in?

How does Feb 29th sound to everyone?