Byu Cosmere Club

@Speck and @Mailliw73, we always meet at 7pm in the atrium of the JFSB (Joseph F Smith building) on BYU campus. The next meeting is today, and although it's not always on a Tuesday, we stick to weekdays. Last month we ended up moving from the atrium to a different area of the building because EFY was having a really loud party in the courtyard, but if we move we'll post about it here.

Any details for the next meeting? I've never come to a meeting but I casually mentioned that the club exists to a friend and now I've got 15-20 teenagers and college students who want to show up to the next meeting and expect me to know what's going on. Would there be any problems for bringing such a large (and very enthusiastic) group? It's okay if it's not going to work out.

43 minutes ago, little wilson said:

I'm fine with it. Just makes supplying food slightly more problematic. We could probably still use the atrium, at least until the semester starts. Not sure about after that. Might have to find an empty classroom.

The food issue occurred to me; the meeting-place issue did not. If we end up with 25 people and everybody wants pizza...That's a lot of pizza. Assuming 8 slices per pizza and 2 slices per person, that's 50 slices or 6.25 pizzas. If we end up not being able to use the atrium once the semester starts, we might be able to gather at a table (or a few tables) in the Wilk--you know, in that big open area next to the Cougareat, with the piano? There's plenty of space in the library too, but they won't let you bring pizza in there.

Oh, yes, the Wilk would work. And hopefully we wouldn't need that much pizza.

I wouldn't want to use the atrium once the semester starts because a lot of students use the atrium to study, so having that large of a group in there would be rather distracting. Better to use a place like the Wilk, that isn't usually quiet during the semester.

Bummer I was hoping to make the July meeting when I was in town but guess I just missed it. I guess I will hope for a really early meeting in August I am willing to make a nice donation for the extra pizzas that may be required  based on the excitement expressed earlier in the thread. :)

I'd also like to come for August, but it all depends on the date. This sounds really fun, and now that I live in Utah, I can finally come!

38 minutes ago, antgrgmn said:

I'm interested in coming. Do we have a date for August? This sounds awesome, even though I'll probably be the youngest one there:P

I think I would actually be younger, but only by a little.

On 7/16/2016 at 0:03 PM, antgrgmn said:

Those days won't work. Anything after the 7th will, though.

On 7/13/2016 at 8:54 PM, Slowswift said:

Second's the only day that'll work for me... :unsure: 

If the first week of August is problematic, I can also do the second week of the month.