lookingglass

So I was reading the Orem Library Signing on December 6 post and I came across this quote from zaz678:

Here’s an interesting one about Mraize. (I wrote Mraize here, but I’m not entirely sure ) Is he a world hopper?

Yes, he’s been to a few planets, highly supervised by his babsk.

Q: So what planet is she from? (After looking up things, I’m assuming Iyatil.)

1. Well, that’s kind of a hard thing to say. She has 3 planets she’s “from”. For example, she’s living now on Roshar, but then she’s from a different planet, but that’s not a planet that her people are from.

Q: So there was a mass exodus to that planet?

A: Not exactly. If you were to find a Japanese American, where would they say that they are from? Her people did not have a mass exodus.

Assuming that Iyatil is actually the person Brandon is talking about and that she is a worldhopper then there is a high chance that we have seen her before somewhere.

Now looking at what Brandon said about her not being from the same planet that her parents are from I can only think of how the people of Threnody had a history of migration and that some left the "homeland" or "fallen world" and moved to another continent. What if this "fallen world" was actually another planet?

If all my ramblings are true and Iyatil is from Threndoy then there are only 2 people I can think of that could be her: Silence and Sebruki.

Both are quite short (even though Sebruki is like 8 I think Brandon mentions that she is quite short anyway) I think Sebruki is a better match since she was really quite and deadly even as a child.

So any thoughts? B)

Also I don't know how to use quotes from other posts so can someone please tell me how to do that? :wacko:

Edited by lookingglass

And on the height thing, Shallan apparently thinks Alethi are pretty tall by Veden standards, which brings up a good point.

How tall are Threnody-humans? I've never read that book.

I don't know tbh. But Shallan does think that Iyatil is short and she is 5' 6", so I'm sure Iyatil short by our standards since she's shorter than that.

Edited by lookingglass

Tan is not Dark skin, so...  but I like that theory :) But I always thought that Iyatil could be Yolish,maybe her family originally was from Yolen and then worldhopped to another planet ( Like Threnody )

Edited by Marns

Tan is not Dark skin, so...  but I like that theory :) But I always thought that Iyatil could be Yolish,maybe her family originally was from Yolen and then worldhopped to another planet ( Like Threnody )

Tan can be dark. It's dependent on what you consider dark. Anyway I always thought that Yolen was destroyed or no one really lived there after the shattering. The only people we know that are defiantly from Yolen are Hoid and the original 16 shardholders.

• Chaos locked this topic