Speculation On The Sci-Fi Trilogy

HalfShard

• 2 weeks later...

Call my a cynic - please, its my only sense of identity - but I'm finding it hard to believe that he can keep fresh, innovative ideas coming with each book.

Of course, I've said that before every book release, so he will probably still surprise me by perfectly mixing fantasy and sci-fi.

Warning: I am about to engage in baseless theories completely lacking in evidence

Plot twist: Brandon said the Cosmere was separate from earth, but not from the universe. And so I conclude its just set in a different galaxy. But then, how would there be humans in the Cosmere? My conclusion is that Adonalsium was a ship sent to explore distant galaxies, to go boldly were no man has ever gone - sorry, back on topic. Imagine if Adonalsium got stranded in a distant galaxy?

Within a few generations, the crew would completely forget about Earth, and instead find another habitable planet brimming with Investiture. Given a few thousand years, Yolen would be populated and Adonalsium, with its technology and flight capabilities, would be revered as a deity. The Shattering of Adonalsium is when the engine explodes, destroying the planet below, but the Yolish Investiture is drawn to the sixteen fuel cells (worshiped by the colonists' descendants as the different aspects of Adonalsium, such as Preservation, Honor, etc, giving them personality in the Cognitive Realm), and the sixteen Priests of Adonalsium holding them, fusing them together (blame nuclear radiation from the Shattering to initiate the process). The Investiture applied to the innate electricity in the fuel cells turns them to deities, but the Cognitive aspect means the fuel cells start to change their holders.

The sci-fi trilogy could involve a Scadrial that just accessed the upper atmosphere (same technology state as the present) running into a technologically superior human empire from Earth, intent on collecting this new power source (Investiture) to assimilate into their empire. As far as the humans are concerned, they're saving shipwrecked people and bettering their empire. As far as the Scadrialites are concerned, invaders have come to abduct them and forcibly cart them off to a distant planet.

Of course, the Cosmere is likely in a completely separate universe to Earth, making all that rambling pointless... But I can hope. And write fan fiction.

Edited by Adamir

Call my a cynic - please, its my only sense of identity - but I'm finding it hard to believe that he can keep fresh, innovative ideas coming with each book.

Of course, I've said that before every book release, so he will probably still surprise me by perfectly mixing fantasy and sci-fi.

Warning: I am about to engage in baseless theories completely lacking in evidence

Plot twist: Brandon said the Cosmere was separate from earth, but not from the universe. And so I conclude its just set in a different galaxy. But then, how would there be humans in the Cosmere? My conclusion is that Adonalsium was a ship sent to explore distant galaxies, to go boldly were no man has ever gone - sorry, back on topic. Imagine if Adonalsium got stranded in a distant galaxy?

Within a few generations, the crew would completely forget about Earth, and instead find another habitable planet brimming with Investiture. Given a few thousand years, Yolen would be populated and Adonalsium, with its technology and flight capabilities, would be revered as a deity. The Shattering of Adonalsium is when the engine explodes, destroying the planet below, but the Yolish Investiture is drawn to the sixteen fuel cells (worshiped by the colonists' descendants as the different aspects of Adonalsium, such as Preservation, Honor, etc, giving them personality in the Cognitive Realm), and the sixteen Priests of Adonalsium holding them, fusing them together (blame nuclear radiation from the Shattering to initiate the process). The Investiture applied to the innate electricity in the fuel cells turns them to deities, but the Cognitive aspect means the fuel cells start to change their holders.

The sci-fi trilogy could involve a Scadrial that just accessed the upper atmosphere (same technology state as the present) running into a technologically superior human empire from Earth, intent on collecting this new power source (Investiture) to assimilate into their empire. As far as the humans are concerned, they're saving shipwrecked people and bettering their empire. As far as the Scadrialites are concerned, invaders have come to abduct them and forcibly cart them off to a distant planet.

Of course, the Cosmere is likely in a completely separate universe to Earth, making all that rambling pointless... But I can hope. And write fan fiction.

Adamir, in order to fully understand how hilarious I find this post you'd have to read all of Sara Douglass' "Wayfarer Redemption" series. Long story short, your theory about Adonalsium is almost EXACTLY what happened to the 4 ships transporting Qeteb's parts across the Universe.

Adamir, in order to fully understand how hilarious I find this post you'd have to read all of Sara Douglass' "Wayfarer Redemption" series. Long story short, your theory about Adonalsium is almost EXACTLY what happened to the 4 ships transporting Qeteb's parts across the Universe.

I never heard of them before, looking them up on Goodreads now...

Nothing on Goodreads. I did a search on the wikipedia page for Qeteb, and went through it. I'll admit it was less a theory and more a fan rant, but... holy crap, I'm guilty of unknowing plagiarism. The books seem interesting, though... I'll order them off e-bay.

Edited by Adamir

• Chaos locked this topic