I Need Help... Stat!

BreathTaker

Alright so, long story short. I have Oblivion GOTY on my laptop and I wanted to uninstall it and reinstall it because it was acting wonky. Turns out, a lot of the info I need to uninstall it is on my crashed hard drive and now it won't uninstall and when I try to run the install program it says that I'm using some kind of Virtual something or another and it won't let me change it. HELP!

I'll screenshot tonight when i get home from work. I'm installing from disk and yeah I've googled it but no one has had a problem like this where it won't let me uninstall or reinstall but the game runs just fine. It also won't load up disk 2 and my Nexus isn't working.

I'll screenshot tonight when i get home from work. I'm installing from disk and yeah I've googled it but no one has had a problem like this where it won't let me uninstall or reinstall but the game runs just fine. It also won't load up disk 2 and my Nexus isn't working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to take a guess here. You (OP) have two hard drives. One with your operating system, and one for storage/other programs?

It was your second drive that crashed?

If the answers to both of these questions is yes, then it is probably a registry error. Run Ccleaner, or something similar (Any registry cleaner will do), to remove unused entries from your registry, then reboot, and try reinstall. That should fix the problem.