IT'S KILLING ME TOO

TELL US WHAT YOU LEARNED BEFORE WE BOTH DIIIIIEEEEEE

This is the absolute only time I've seen a Question notification and been disappointed it was you who posted, TwiLyght. And only because I was hoping it was mail-mi with a massive list of west coast Epics. :P

I don't have much, but I got something AMAZING.

The line was huge, so we didn't have a lot of time. But I did get two epics. One whose name is Night's Whisper, and is one of the most powerful epics ever, just under Steelheart. I didn't get her power set, however.

But I did get someone else.

Obliteration.

That's right. It's perfectly, totally in cannon for Obliteration to appear in Oregon. Because, according to the Brandersnatch, "he gets around."

The line was huge, so we didn't have a lot of time. But I did get two epics. One whose name is Night's Whisper, and is one of the most powerful epics ever, just under Steelheart. I didn't get her power set, however.

Obliteration.

That's right. It's perfectly, totally in cannon for Obliteration to appear in Oregon. Because, according to the Brandersnatch, "he gets around."

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS.

Uh, I mean, that's awesome. :DAnd also I call dibs on Obliteration.

Aaand, at 5429 words, I am officially DONE the Corvallis opening post.  Sorry to all for the length!  I hope you all enjoy.  I want to get it posted and move on to homework, so I haven't done much editing.  Let me know if you see any problems. :)

Also YAY for new West Coast epics, or 'new' in the case of Obliteration. 

I still need to format things and insert icons, so I'll be a few more pages, but expect a post ASAP.  I've set things up so any of the Queens could post next, but the thread is officially open, literally ANYONE can post :).

Let the plotting begin. 

Obliteration.

So that's how Oregon became a wasteland. I was wondering, since the turf wars wouldn't reduce everything to rubble, but they would make certain areas uninhabitable, and if Obliteration heard about "wars and rumors of wars" in Oregon and also about Nighthound it'd be totally in character for him to come and render the entire state uninhabitable. Scorched earth to remove iniquity, I suppose. 

And it's totally awesome. In a horrifying way. :D 

Did the Bandersnatch say where Night's Whisper would be? Is she an Oregon Epic, or is she in the Coven? 

TwiLyght, as GM do you intend to write for Obliteration, as he is a canon character and must be handled delicately?

I'd love to, but I won't insist on it. 

….

Actually, what if we did a sort of collaborative thing with Obliteration? If everyone who wanted to write for him could take a scene or two, I'd be open to that. Because what I was thinking is that he'd show up as the turf wars begin in earnest, after Portland at the very least is destroyed and The Dalles is probably on its way down—show up, gauge the situation, decide the entire state had to go, and destroy it one city at a time. That way we could add a nice sense of impending doom for those cities that remain and provide a chance for some of the nice characters to evacuate.

So what do you guys think? Like I said, I'd love to write for Obliteration, but I know I'm not the only one and I wouldn't want to hog him. Besides, I think it would be interesting to see the different spins we all put on the same character. 

Aaaand posted.

Also, I'll add than any named NPCs who survive the prologue are open for adoption, just let me know :).

Awesome! :D I'll read that post in just a sec--Obliteration matters are afoot. :ph34r:

I'd love to, but I won't insist on it. 

….

Actually, what if we did a sort of collaborative thing with Obliteration? If everyone who wanted to write for him could take a scene or two, I'd be open to that. Because what I was thinking is that he'd show up as the turf wars begin in earnest, after Portland at the very least is destroyed and The Dalles is probably on its way down—show up, gauge the situation, decide the entire state had to go, and destroy it one city at a time. That way we could add a nice sense of impending doom for those cities that remain and provide a chance for some of the nice characters to evacuate.

So what do you guys think? Like I said, I'd love to write for Obliteration, but I know I'm not the only one and I wouldn't want to hog him. Besides, I think it would be interesting to see the different spins we all put on the same character. 

I love this idea. We'd have to coordinate our usage of the character so that we don't write him as erratic--he's insane, but definitely not the type to change his plans and modus operandi every few minutes.  But this would be a great way of sharing him and making sure everyone gets to write for him.

...How does an opening post for him where he sacks Calamityville before setting his sights on Oregon sound, just theoretically speaking? :ph34r:

I love this idea. We'd have to coordinate our usage of the character so that we don't write him as erratic--he's insane, but definitely not the type to change his plans and modus operandi every few minutes.  But this would be a great way of sharing him and making sure everyone gets to write for him.

...How does an opening post for him where he sacks Calamityville before setting his sights on Oregon sound, just theoretically speaking? :ph34r:

Definitely. I think what we'd need to do before writing him is all agree on what we think is at the core of his character, and why he'd decide to destroy an entire state one city at a time. (For the "one city at a time" thing, I'm thinking that the state as a whole gets a lot less sunshine than, say, Houston or San Diego, so he'd do it that way for practical reasons.) As for how to share him, what if everyone picks one city that they'll have him destroy and write the beginning and end of his destruction there? 

Theoretically speaking, I love that idea. :ph34r: 

Comatose: I have no upvotes to give at the moment, but that post is awesome. :D

Definitely. I think what we'd need to do before writing him is all agree on what we think is at the core of his character, and why he'd decide to destroy an entire state one city at a time. (For the "one city at a time" thing, I'm thinking that the state as a whole gets a lot less sunshine than, say, Houston or San Diego, so he'd do it that way for practical reasons.) As for how to share him, what if everyone picks one city that they'll have him destroy and write the beginning and end of his destruction there? 

Theoretically speaking, I love that idea. :ph34r:

Wanna start an official Obliteration Sharing Thread? :ph34r:

I like the cities idea. My one condition is that somehow, someway, Obliteration gets to meet Backtrack. :ph34r::P

I get dibs too! I found it out, after all. :P

Wanna do the honors of having Obliteration terrify the wits out of poor Backtrack? It's only fair. :P

Also, do character icons require transparent backgrounds? Because if not, this would be an awesome icon for Obliteration:

00600824a805b4e84ec24e20550ac162.png

EDIT: Or better yet, this one once suitably shrunken down:

ed292271a2d875700db87f3f4eba1268.gif

Edited by Kobold King