INSTABAM

I held my gun up, sighting in on the Epic that was running across the streets. She was wearing a pale green shirt with a camera symbol on it. She glowed like a radioactive lime. Except not radioactive and not a fruit. Was lime a fruit? Either way, Instabam was glowing green. 

"Prof?" I asked through my mobile. "Did she get away from you?" Prof grunted. I took that as a yes.

"She's going towards Abraham's position." Tia's voice sounded over the line. An explosion sounded. I had gotten distracted and saw the smoking remains of a wall where a squadron of Enforcement soldiers were hiding. Prof ran out of the building that Instabam had came out of. He was trying to make her move into position for the ambush to be sprung with her weakness. Instabam turned around and fired an explosion from her hands towards Prof, who dodged it. Then she leapt upwards, grabbing onto a ledge that had been turned entirely to steel. She climbed up and into a building.

"Sparks!" I cursed. "I didn't know she had enhanced dexterity." 

"Me neither." Tia said. "Abraham, she's going your way."

"Got it." Abraham's heavy french accent dripped through the line.

"She's passing my post." Cody whispered. "I'm trying her weakness. Oh no. She saw me." Her weakness. Instabam's weakness was cats. It had been very difficult to actually find a cat, let alone enough for all of us. Luckily there was a crazy cat lady who had volunteered her precious cats for us. I wasn't sure how they got through twelve or so years of Calamity without being eaten or dying. I didn't need to. "Ow!"

"What happened?" Tia asked. The cat next to me purred and rubbed itself up against my legs. 

"Stop that." I muttered.

"Well, I was going to throw the cat at Instabam as she ran by. First of all, she went by too quick. Then this stupid cat clawed me."

"Can you shut up?" Prof growled. 

"Prof?" I asked. "Are you okay like a toaster in a refrigerator?" 

"What." He said. "Did you just say?"

"Are you okay like a toaster in a refrigerator?"

"I'm okay, just what in Calamity's fires?"

"Instabam's right about to reach you, Abraham." Tia insisted. "Prof, keep chasing her." I grabbed my cat off the ground, one hand on my rifle and one on the cat. I started running closer towards where I knew Abraham's position was. "Stay put, David."

"I have to help." I insisted. 

"No, you don't. Stand down, David. He can handle it." Prof ordered. "Besides, I'm already going to help."

"Yeah, but..."

"No buts." I fell silent. 

"She's coming closer." Abraham said. "I can hear her."

"Ready your cat." Prof ordered. Suddenly there was a flash of green in front of me. Instabam. She was looking at where Abraham was, starting to move. Teleportation? She's not supposed to have that either. I wondered. I started to aim but my bullet disintegrated when it left my gun. She turned around and an explosion rocked the halls. Prof's forcefield prevented me from the worst of it. 

"She can teleport!" I hissed.

"The camera there isn't working anymore." Tia sounded puzzled. "Neither from where she was."

"Maybe she traveled through the camera?" I suggested weakly. "I'd heard something once that there was a connection between her and camera. I didn't believe it, though. It was only a rumor."

"I'll have to come back to that." Instabam was running again, rocketing towards Abraham. I ran after her, readying my cat for throwing. Cats do not like that. He scratched me. I let go of the stupid thing and it leapt after Instabam. Who turned around and jumped in shock. 

"You." She hissed, readying an explosion for throwing. Suddenly the green glow around her started fading. "I... what? How?" She looked afraid. Instabam turned and tried to keep running. Then Abraham ran around the corner. He had his gun by his side. "No!" She tried to go towards the window but she saw something that made her nervous. I looked out there. Prof was there. Instabam tried to move through the intersection but my cat was onto her now. She aimed one last explosion towards us, although it was weaker than before. I was surprised she hadn't lost her powers completely yet. Were we wrong about her weakness? No, she was afraid of the cats. Her powers were flickering. I shot at her but the bullet melted in the air, mostly. Only part of it. It was enough to let her dodge out of the way, though. Abraham and I turned the corner, shooting together. One of the bullets melted. The other slowed and only hit her leg. She tripped and screamed as the cat bit her leg. The glow went entirely out.

"Should I?" Abraham asked. 

"I'll do it." And I shot her. This time the bullet didn't melt.

EDIT: Added spoiler

Edited by Winter Cloud