How Long Will Stormlight 3 Be?

blad3mast3r

How long will stormlight 3 be?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How many pages long will the third stormlight archive book be?

If he does this, I will march over to Utah to give him a piece of my mind. Of course, I'm a slow walker, so stormlight 4 will probably release by the time I get there and make me forget about 3, but still. That would be sad :(

im with you on this. they should get longer every book.

I'm actually cool with a slightly shorter book. I kinda like a shorter book every once in a while in a series to break things up. I'm betting it's also a lot more comfortable for the author a lot of the time.

I want to say first and foremost that the length of a book should never take priority over the quality of a book [in my opinion]. A book that is artifically long will gain nothing by that length [in my opinion].

That said, there are things which longer books can offer that shorter books cannot, and those are the things that I absolutely devour with childish glee. I loved what the length of books like Words of Radiance and A Storm of Swords offered (those two are tied for my favourite novel - how can I chose between two things that excell so well, yet are so different?). The extra characters, the extra world building, the extra events, the thousands of extra little details, and the way everything pushes itself forward to an equally large conclusion is marvelous. It is one of the things that books can do that TV or movies cannot, because no studio has the time or budget.

So I hope Stormlight 3 is long (can we break 400k again?). I hope every book in this series is 350k words or more, because that's what I like (and given the publishing cost, there isn't a particular abundance of such works). But then again, I trust Sanderson to deliver a product in which the quality will work with length to augment the overall experience rather than diminish it. So consider this expanding on my original answer: Stormlight 3 will be as long as it needs to be.

Edited by GrainofaRiver

I want to say first and foremost that the length of a book should never take priority over the quality of a book [in my opinion]. A book that is artifically long will gain nothing by that length [in my opinion].

That said, there are things which longer books can offer that shorter books cannot, and those are the things that I absolutely devour with childish glee. I loved what the length of books like Words of Radiance and A Storm of Swords offered (those two are tied for my favourite novel - how can I chose between two things that excell so well, yet are so different?). The extra characters, the extra world building, the extra events, the thousands of extra little details, and the way everything pushes itself forward to an equally large conclusion is marvelous. It is one of the things that books can do that TV or movies cannot, because no studio has the time or budget.

So I hope Stormlight 3 is long (can we break 400k again?). I hope every book in this series is 350k words or more, because that's what I like (and given the publishing cost, there isn't a particular abundance of such works). But then again, I trust Sanderson to deliver a product in which the quality will work with length to augment the overall experience rather than demenish it. So consider this expanding on my original answer: Stormlight 3 will be as long as it needs to be.

true.

Those wheel of time carts need to be made soon so that we can use them for the 15 mistborn books(he'll get in an accident and that's the funnest thing he'll be able to do, all on accident) and the Stormlight Archive.

• Chaos locked this topic