How Long Will Stormlight 3 Be?

blad3mast3r

How long will stormlight 3 be?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How many pages long will the third stormlight archive book be?

Exactly the same size!! Given the fact that Tor's maximum  book size was topped by Brandon in WOR =)

They could new prints. I Almost calling to they to say "Hey guys guess what we gonna need a new print, hope that you doesn't mind " =)

Dammit GHM!  I was going to say the same thing!

To be fair though, you can lose the question mark.  We all know it won't be long enough.

Too true. It's usually for this reason that I don't start series until they are complete, but with Sanderson I just can't not buy and read them!

Too true. It's usually for this reason that I don't start series until they are complete, but with Sanderson I just can't not buy and read them!

If you considered the Cosmere a single series, it might have been a few decades before you could start. :P

Ah, an Elantris through Dragonsteel readathon sounds wonderful...

Well if he actually wrote a decent book once in a while. He's worse that GRRM when it comes to following it up. Just saying is all . . .

He always used ghostwriters, too.  Kind of makes you wonder why he couldn't just write down his own words instead of getting somebody else to put their own spin on it.   :P

He always used ghostwriters, too.  Kind of makes you wonder why he couldn't just write down his own words instead of getting somebody else to put their own spin on it.   :P

Not even a Holy Ghost as well. Sheesh some Saint.

I saw a guy in Brooklyn earlier who was drooling and mumbling to himself. Either you know who is back. Or Jezrien is a worldhopper.

Somewhere between 'as long as it needs to be' and 'too short'.

Assuming The Winds of Winter and The Doors of Stone release in 2016, I want Stormlight 3 to be another mega-behemoth so that I can tell people I've done all my book shoping for the year... though in reality all three probably wouldn't last a month...

2016 - THE YEAR OF EPIC EPIC-FANTASY!!! (maybe....)

2016 - THE EPIC YEAR OF EPIC-FANTASY!!! (maybe....)

2016 - THE EPICALLY EPIC YEAR OF EPICALLY EPIC-FANTASY!!! (I'll stop now)

Edited by GrainofaRiver

If you considered the Cosmere a single series, it might have been a few decades before you could start. :P

Ah, an Elantris through Dragonsteel readathon sounds wonderful...

Luckily I'm not totally crazy!

Though I did wait until Sanderson was tapped to finish the WoT before I started that series. I had a feeling it wasn't going to get completed before RJ passed. He was an amazing writer now that I've started the series, but I just couldn't stand the though of an unfinished narrative. 

Words of Radiance was a bit over 400,000 words. Stormlight 3 should be at least 300,000 but most likely shorter than Words of Radiance and also could be shorter than Way of Kings. But it all depends on what Brandon feels best covers the story he wants to tell in this book.

Words of Radiance was a bit over 400,000 words. Stormlight 3 should be at least 300,000 but most likely shorter than Words of Radiance and also could be shorter than Way of Kings. But it all depends on what Brandon feels best covers the story he wants to tell in this book.

If he does this, I will march over to Utah to give him a piece of my mind. Of course, I'm a slow walker, so stormlight 4 will probably release by the time I get there and make me forget about 3, but still. That would be sad :(