Rithmatist Wikia

Aidulin41

Hello, everyone. I know you're all Brandon Sanderson lovers, so here's a question for you. Would you like to help build a wikia site for 'The Rithmatist'? I noticed there wasn't one, so I made one. Here it is: http://rithmatist.wikia.com/wiki/Rithmatist_Wiki

Anyway, If you'd like to help, just message me on the site. It's brand new, so there are hardly any pages, but I'd appreciate anyone who'd like to join. Or even just tell others that it exists. Thanks ^_^

There are wikis for Mistborn(I linked to that on the Rithmatist main page), Stormlight, and various other cosmere works, but I don't think there is one for all of them at once, since they are distinct series of books and things. I confess I haven't read any cosmere stuff, but I've got a list from some other users here now.

Stormlight 

Mistborn

Ah, I se why I couldn't find it, it's still small. So's Rithmatist right now, but I have help, so I'm happy. The other wiki I write, I'm the onl one working on it. It's quite different working with someone, even when it's only happened for a couple of hours.

Well hey there Aidulin, and welcome to the site.

It would be great if you could contribute your knowledge to the coppermind, instead of splitting focus to two different sites? I get that you want there to be a presence on wikia, but the majority of people are going to find things through google (like 80% of our traffic comes from search results) I personally would think it more useful to improve the copperminds pages to be awesome and complete, rather than distracting people with two places to edit, with potentially conflicting information (just because both sets will probably be incomplete in different ways).

It's great to have more wikiers around, but the coppermind could really do with the help rather than dedicating your time to reinventing the wheel.

The non-cosmere stuff really needs help on the Coppermind. The Coppermind has very robust templates (courtesy of Joe's amazingness). It also has a strong categorization system for everything, as well as quality tags to identify what needs work and what doesn't. And lastly, we at least have stubs for the articles that should be awesome. Don't undervalue the importance of smart wiki structure; it is a lot of work to be consistent with these things. That work is all done for you.

The goal with the Coppermind is to be the Brandon Sanderson wiki, for all of his works. We want it to be the sum of all of the knowledge we have on the books, and be well-cited and very accurate in the process.

And we really need your help to make the non-cosmere stuff awesome. Because it isn't right now.

If you don't know where to start helping, there is a Project: Rithmatist page. Start work on the stubs and "Attention Needed". Don't worry much about wiki formatting. You have the Coppermind people like Joe, Weiry, Windy, and I generally checking every single edit on the wiki, and we are always available to answer questions, help out, and format things.

So I would recommend you contribute to the Coppermind instead of Wikia. Our Rithmatics article (except for some images that aren't loading) is quite exhaustive and contains information on all the defenses. This is all work you don't need to do because others already have.

The more people work on the Coppermind, the bigger search engine footprint we will get. Sometimes Wikia has higher search hits; we would rather that not be the case.

Also, there will be awards on the forum for contributing to the Coppermind :)

Thnks for the info guys, I want you to know I fully intend to help out with The Coppermind. 

It kind of daunted me, how big it was when I went there before. But I'm going to jump right in! I don't mean to try to overshadow The Coppermind's articles, but some of Brandon Sanderson's other works have a presence on Wikia, so I didn't think it was a bad idea to put The Rithmatist there too...

Edited by Aidulin41