Can We Talk About Shardplate?

sprocket

Um... That is implied already. Splintered shards aren't a new topic in the Cosmere, and it's happened before. Plus, it was said that Tanavast was 'killed' by Odium, meaning that this is indeed true.

Edit: My original post wasn't very diplomatic. I would like to apologize to Relytdragon and anyone else who saw that post. I will keep in mind what happened here next time I consider posting something like that. Again, I'm sorry any of you had to see that.

Thank you for alerting me to how negative that sounded. I didn't realize it was so rude until I took a second look.

Hey, its alright, i forgot about posting that thing there, and i know halfshard personally, and sometimes me and him say things in a way that sound diffrent than we mean it.  

I wonder if it is possible to bond a suit of shard plate like a shard blade. It takes 2 weeks I think of constant contact with a gem embedded in the shard blade before the forced sudo bond is formed, but that might simply be to difficult to do with plate. If that is possible that could account for the helm disappearing and reappearing.  

WHat if they link the plate to a fabrial, and the fabrial to a person? SOrt of like morphers from power rangers. The device can act as a resevoir of storm light, and storage for the plates. That way they dont need to link to every piece, just the morpher.

WHat if they link the plate to a fabrial, and the fabrial to a person? SOrt of like morphers from power rangers. The device can act as a resevoir of storm light, and storage for the plates. That way they dont need to link to every piece, just the morpher.

I love it. I think it may explain a lot about the mysteries of shardplate. Also, maybe the fabrial can only be used by someone with a Naehl bond, tapping into the abilities of the Radiant's spren a little.

Ok so I noticed this when Dalinar had the vision of the KR giving up their shards. In it Stonewards and Windrunners came glowing red and blue, what if the type of gem used in the Shardplate has to do with the Radiant order it came form originally. Stonewards have the patron Talenel who in the ten essences is associated with Topaz that is normally a red wine color and Windrunners have the patron Jezrien who in the ten essences is associated with Sapphires. It is a possibility that Elhokar's shardplate originated from the Windrunners hints why his is powered with Sapphires.

how heavy are shard blades? could a normal man use a special shield to block strickes.

Yes they can use a special shield to block a strike or two. Shard blades weigh less then a normal blade of that size.

• Chaos locked this topic