Ahoy-Hoy! Are You An Aspiring Writer, Then Take Yourself Over To Reading Excuses On This Very Forum

Robinski

I know a lot of you fine people on here are aspiring writers. Did you know there is a friendly and enthusiastic writing group under the 'Associate Works' banner?

Why not check it out and you will find welcoming and helpful amateur writers, mostly raised on a healthy diet of Writing Excuses and NaNoWriMo, keen to read your work and offer constructive comment and discussion. There are writers of varying experience and persistence, keen to help and to encourage each other.

Don't leave that project of yours languishing in the digital dust. Run it through the spell-checker and submit it weekly on Reading Excuses!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chaos - much appreciated.

In this week's exciting episode of Reading Excuses we have Mandamon's ongoing fantasy novel "Fruit of the Gods" - a tale of two sisters and a very intriguing Sandersonian magic system. This week's submission is the first part of Chapter 10.

Also, a complete short story from one of RE's newest members, RDPulfer, "A Troll's Tale" which I'm currently reading and enjoying a good deal, really rather inventive stuff, I think.

Not to mention (oh, I just have...) the first part of my Nano 2012 novel "The Mathematical Bridge" - rooted in the supernatural, a sequel to an earlier story, featuring the same protagonist in all his objectionable vainglory - Master Rutland Blacklake (boo, hiss).

Members of Reading Excuses receive emails of the weekly submissions for their critiquing and submit their own work, up to 5K words per week, for amiable and constructive perusal.

Your friendly neighbourhood writing group needs YOU!!

• 3 weeks later...

In this week's exciting episode of Reading Excuses, Chapter 11 or Mandamon's fantasy novel "Fruit of the Gods" - the two sisters disguise themselves to enter a strange town and encounter a local 'character'.

"The Mathematical Bridge" continues and we learn something of the origins of Rutland Blacklake (forshame, sir!).

We're a very supportive group and will be gentle with new contributors. If you like Writing Excuses why not sign up to Reading Excuses and put your work out into the world?

Also, check out the Facebook page and like, if you like     : o )

• 3 months later...

The Reading Excuses writing group (find us in Associated Works) continues to attract new writers. We have several new contributors in the last couple of weeks.

Mandamon's submission of his novel Fruit of the Gods has concluded, 23 chapters since he began submitting in October 2014(!!), and my own project The Mathematical Bridge has also just finished submission with the epilogue last week concluding 62,000 words.

Meanwhile, RD Pulfer's Scholomancer has reached Chapter 3 (no too late to catch up, you critters) and we have material from new submitter Kammererite.

Tune in to Reading Excuses (okay, it's a forum, but you know what I mean), join the lively banter and constructive feedback. Submit your work today!

(okay, Monday - and don't forget to ask moderator Silk).

Edited by Robinski

• Chaos locked this topic