The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

11 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I GOT A JAZZ GIG VIA MY WEBSITE FORM!!

I PUT IT UP LESS THAN A WEEK AGO THIS IS AMAZING!!  

ALL MY WORK IS PAYING OFF 

ALSO MY INSTAGRAM IS BLOWING UP

THIS IS SO AMAZING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YAY!

THAT IS INCREDIBLE SILHOUETTE!

4 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

THIS IS SO AMAZING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's the best! I'm so happy for you!

THIS IS SO AMAZING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS IS SO AMAZING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wooo congrats mate! If you don't mind me asking, what's your instagram?

6 hours ago, Morningtide said:

6 hours ago, Morningtide said:

YAY!

I'm so flattered! You were so happy for me you posted about it twice ;)

5 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

Wooo congrats mate! If you don't mind me asking, what's your instagram?

I'll PM you—this goes for anyone else too who is interested

• 3 weeks later...

So, the new semester means new teachers, even if it's for the same class.

First period, my new teacher is an old guy, kinda cranky-looking. Turns out he's super cool, and a total weirdo in the best way. At the end of the period yesterday, he asked a girl to go grab a bag sitting in the corner. It was one of those cloth Walmart ones that never contain anything fun.

THERE WAS A TURTLE IN THE BAG! A FREAKIN' LIVE TURTLE WAS JUST CHILLING IN THAT BAG ALL MORNING. AND WE'RE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH THE TURTLE WHENEVER WE WANT!!

Turtles make everything better.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

So, the new semester means new teachers, even if it's for the same class.

First period, my new teacher is an old guy, kinda cranky-looking. Turns out he's super cool, and a total weirdo in the best way. At the end of the period yesterday, he asked a girl to go grab a bag sitting in the corner. It was one of those cloth Walmart ones that never contain anything fun.

THERE WAS A TURTLE IN THE BAG! A FREAKIN' LIVE TURTLE WAS JUST CHILLING IN THAT BAG ALL MORNING. AND WE'RE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH THE TURTLE WHENEVER WE WANT!!

Turtles make everything better.

AWWW YAY THATS SO HAPPYING

TELL IT HI FOR ME PLEASE :D 

hey guyyysssss

HEYYYY GUYYYYSSSSSS

HEYEYYYYYYYYYYY GUUUUUUUYYYYYSSSSSS

lemme set the scene:

Saturday, January 14th. 9:44 PM Central Standard Time.

Back of my middle school cafeteria, homecoming dance. There're some chairs and couches that were borrowed from the black box theatre room. Me and bae are chilling, after dancing and talking with all my friends, who by the way, all love her.

And so do I, because guys;

dudes. bros.

guys she was so prettyyyyy. pretty magenta velvet suit and little gems in her hair that was in a low tight bun and im just like oh my gosh you're so pretty wtf you have no right being this gorgeous how dare you

anyways; we chilling. my lovesick ass wants to kiss her. like bad. i say some veiled stuff about that because im shy and not good at just asking :3

but she did know i wanted to kiss her, i had asked her earlier that night and she said "later" so you know, that made my day.

again: we're sitting in the chairs, side by side, holding hands, being chill and in love :]

im looking at her. shes looking at me. then, she grins, rolls her eyes, says, "oh, come here," and she leans in.

AND GUYS.

GUYS WE KISSED GUYS IM ON TOP OF THE WORLD GUYS IM SO HAPPY AHAHAHAHA.

guys that was awesome guys im literally so happy. best kiss of my whole damn life. man i love her.

wanted to share that :]

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I composed a song yesterday :D i feel so cool, it's a cello duet and it has like pizz and arco and A and B and C parts and it's totally my own and original and it sounds really good and i feel so cool for having done it :D

That's amazing! Composing is a very co skill. I'm out of rep:(

On 2/4/2023 at 4:53 AM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I composed a song yesterday :D i feel so cool, it's a cello duet and it has like pizz and arco and A and B and C parts and it's totally my own and original and it sounds really good and i feel so cool for having done it :D

That is so cool!! I wish I was that good at music Maybe I should practice more

*posts here twice in a row about the same thing*

My teacher said i was really good at composing and that i really have an ear for it which like omg yesssss. Especially because with cello i am great at the theory and pretty good at the rhythms, and i can take in and understand info well, it's just that i struggle with putting it into play when i'm actually playing. but apparently i have no such problems with composing!! I'm finishing up the harmony of my duet and i'm working on a piano/cello piece and it feels so cool!!!!

so in india in some famiies (like mine) we have a tradition that when a girl comes of age (think 17, 18) her parents gift her something like a real gold necklace or other gold jewelery that could become a family heiroleem (j have no idea how to spell that) for fututre generations 

thankfully, my mom knows i do not really care for those things 

so, instead she told me, that 

I CAN GET A LEATHERBOUND EVERY MONTH TILL I HAVE COLLECTED THEM ALL!!!!!! 

since ill keep my books forever, and this would make me much happier, this is her gift to me

1 hour ago, Elf said:

so in india in some famiies (like mine) we have a tradition that when a girl comes of age (think 17, 18) her parents gift her something like a real gold necklace or other gold jewelery that could become a family heiroleem (j have no idea how to spell that) for fututre generations 

since ill keep my books forever, and this would make me much happier, this is her gift to me

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME

1 hour ago, Elf said:

That is epic!!

5 hours ago, Elf said:

That's insane!!! That is an amazing gift!!! 

My own good news: My parents decided that me and my siblings needed a present for Valentine's Day weird but I'm not complaining so I got a $20 Barnes and Noble gift card which I used to buy a few things, including a special barnes and noble edition of The Raven King which includes the short story Opal in the back!! I'm very happy