The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

i went to FSY last week and it was the most spiritually awakening and the best experience of my life.

so much to tell but i wont because i wanna do writing but like yeah i made friends and had a blast i also almost died of heatstroke lol :P

Last week was so freakin' awesome.  Mission weeks are the best weeks, even when they're full of travel ups and downs (we only got like five hours of sleep the first night because we arrived so late) and construction hiccups.  The love and joy we get to experience and share, the community and teamwork, and the connection despite the language barrier, more than make up for it.

Also I'm supposed to start therapy or counselling, not sure of the difference, in a couple weeks!  And I'm really glad about that.

The last couple days, myself and a couple other people have been frequenting a street in a neighboring town that has a lot of small businesses and antique shops.  I really like old stuff, so even without buying anything, it's really fun to go in and see things that have survived over a century, sometimes two, though rarely on this side of the country.  However!  I did buy something!  I'm not sure how old it is, because it's entirely handmade and therefore has no tags, meaning fiber content and time of origin are unknown, but I bought a coat!  Yes, it's July and I can't wear it for months, but that's probably a good thing, since it gives me time to repair a couple small things and do some slight tailoring to make it fit me just a touch better.  I think it might be linen, it behaves like it.  It's a dark red, and I really like it!

And, today I bought two plants!  A Hoya Australis and a purple African violet.  I know I can keep them alive, I used to ahve a potted sage when I was younger, but I'm excited to have them!  I think it'll do me good to have some green, growing things about.  Makes me feel like some sort of elf or hobbit, which leads into my other happy thing...

My hair has gotten really long, and I'm super happy about it.  I've always wanted to have very long hair, and I'm well on my way there.  It's a little bit of a hassle at times, but it's nice.

On 6/26/2022 at 9:57 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

Last week was so freakin' awesome.  Mission weeks are the best weeks, even when they're full of travel ups and downs (we only got like five hours of sleep the first night because we arrived so late) and construction hiccups.  The love and joy we get to experience and share, the community and teamwork, and the connection despite the language barrier, more than make up for it.

Also I'm supposed to start therapy or counselling, not sure of the difference, in a couple weeks!  And I'm really glad about that.

Hey! i just went on one to puerto rico!

• 4 weeks later...

Literally nobody else will have seen it but I stayed up super late to watch this and I have to share

FZBEcRpWQAE5rpp.jpg.93808d7d31d6b3442bc26d041c0e7c67.jpg

Spoiler

disclaimer: I haven't watched football or soccer in almost a year and only decided to watch this on a whim. So worth it though.

Edited by Robin Sedai

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Nice. Congradulations on making it. Are you done or can you go further?

I have a good shot at being a finalist (15,000/16,000 semifinalists become finalists) and then decent chances of getting a pretty great scholarship depending on where I decide to go to school. So I'm pretty happy :D:D

Just now, Shining Silhouette said:

I have a good shot at being a finalist (15,000/16,000 semifinalists become finalists) and then decent chances of getting a pretty great scholarship depending on where I decide to go to school. So I'm pretty happy :D:D

I will wish you luck and ask again in February, as long as I don't forget. 

Currently in the middle of rebuilding my library, and more importantly getting a better setup for a Sandershelf, and just from sorting I think I’m going to need a couple more shelves to be safe since I want to leave some empty space for growth purposes.

In the picture the short shelf I’m planning on having be my Sandershelf with the wall space to hang my Bridge 4 poster and my Kickstarter goodies on top of the shelf.

This is all work in progress since I’m mixing movies and books with this setup. So far I’m going to keep all Doctor Who stuff on one bookcase, all comics/manga together, all Marvel films together, etc. so it’s going to take me some time to finish this.

image.jpg

On 6/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

i went to FSY last week and it was the most spiritually awakening and the best experience of my life.

so much to tell but i wont because i wanna do writing but like yeah i made friends and had a blast i also almost died of heatstroke lol :P

FSY FSY FSY FSY

Oh my CHASMS it’s AMAZING 

And I get the heatstroke… I think my calves doubled in size :) 

On 9/24/2022 at 9:21 AM, Robin Sedai said:

Wow, you have some lovely bookshelves! Very stylish <3

Thank you! They’re Billy’s from IKEA. I wanted a contrast between the regular sized ones with the thin ones and having my Sanderson shelf be in the middle opposite the door made sense. I have another small bookshelf not showing in the picture that I’m going to put my comics/manga on.

I’m hoping to be done with all this before Halloween since I got delayed thanks to my dad being a nuisance around the house. All the placements are in flux as well since I’ll find more of certain stuff that might need a different shelf to be on. I actually might get another shelf later but I’ll have to do delivery since my car is too small to pick it up and too heavy for me to lift without help. I can assemble it myself, it’s just hauling it is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...