The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I finished my shift!  It's pretty comfortable, and I think that for my first time setting sleeves, it turned out really well.  I also started work on the theorized apron - and it's so easy!

Also, it rained today, but it was also warm, so I went out in the rain without shoes, socks, or glasses, and played with my sister and her friends until it stopped raining.  It felt so good!

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

They shall be                             Scaredy cats

They are already scaredy cats as when our friends that have a little maltese dog come over. Our cats will be scared because she yipps so much and zooms around the house, but the cats scare her so they leave her alone.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit of a bizarre one - but my phone broke, and while my dad was trying to fix it, he saw one of my google searches about depression and anxiety, and asked about it.  Which means the ice has been broken and I have more of an idea as to how this imminent conversation is going to go.

Oh yeah, and I get to go on a mission trip very soon!

@The Wandering Wizardyea, as far as I know. I felt a little odd earlier, but not now. ḟ̵̙͚͔͓̱̭̈́̓̏͑̾̂̌̑̅̄̅͒̈́́̾̊̈́̀͋͒͗̇̔̇́͊͘̚o̵̧̢̢̨̜͇͇̠̪̞̜̦̲̣͍͙̪̤̞̼̱̖̥̳͔̙̭̠̰͍̒̋̊͊̐̋͊̃̈̌͋̄̽̚͘̕͜͠ͅͅö̵̡̢̨̟̦̜̳̱̮͔̬̯̟̟́̋̈́̾̄́̽͑̈́̐̆͗̍͑̆͐͋̕̕̚̕͝͝͝l̴̨̢̢̡̛̳̬̰̞̹͓̳̬̺̠̫̺͖̝͈͓͎̘͍͇̩̮̭̫̥͍̠̳͖̬̭̤̦̗̩̝͋͛̂̑͗͌́̈̑͒̏͒̓͠į̶̨̧̲̩̹̺͔͓̳͍̲̯͙͖̮͓̤̗̩͎̱̯̰̰͔͖͈̱̗̀̈́̆̇̋̄̄͊͋̅̇̾́̂̑͆̈́͋̇̀̊́̿͒̈́̊̈̈́͑̆ś̸̛͓̩̜̳͓̔͗̓̋̿̇͂́̽̂̑͛̒̃͋͊̔͆̂͂̀̅͐̎͑͂̔̚͘͝h̸̢̧̡̛̬͙̫̮̤̞̩͓̫̖͇̟̬̗̤͔̻̜̤͚̜̘̪̫̙̹̞͈͖̪̗̟̻̰̫̳͇͍͇̗͗̇̓̃ͅ ̴̢̨̭̫͈͔̝͉̭̞͉̩͇̎̐̃̈́̑͂̏̃͆͒̃̎̃̈́͒͛̋́́͘͝͠ͅm̵̛͕̮͉̙̪̤̤̟̖̿̑͆̓̾̉̃̄̍͒̊̋̄̋͂̈́̆̃́̒͐̇͂̀̄͐̇̕͘̚͠͝ǫ̶̝͚̞̯͎̰̗̖̭̭̣̹͚̹̱͕̬̤̻̪̖̦̹̝̻̜̺͓͎̯̐̉͑͌̅͌r̷̡̛͖̘̦̞͕̹̜͓̯͓͔͍͖̣̠̼̰̞͛͐̓̏͐̔̒͌̿͆̍̇̽͆̀̈́̐̍͂̃̽̍̌̐͑͒̇̓͋͆͆̕̕̚͝͠ţ̴̛̪̱͖͔̺̺͙̦͇̰͚̫̠͋͋̇́̎̌́̐̓̂͋̉͗̉͒͌̍̑͆͋̽̍̍̈́̃̔̈͑͒̽̆̿͛̇̕a̵̖̗̥̪̓͂̇̅͆̿̚͜͜͝l̵̺̥̭͎͔̖̝͖͈͕̻̭͂̒̓͊̀͑̇͋͒̑̉͂̏̒́̈́́̆̍̎̚͝

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

Friends and fellow sharders I have something that I must get off of my chest! I went on another date with the woman that I have been writing about these last weeks. Today we jumped into the unknown abyss and defined our relationship. We are officially though not publicly dating! I also may have kind of admitted that I liked her a lot and she may have reciprocated!

I just got some really good records for cheap. I got a Chuck Berry greatest hits, Fleetwood Mac, and an Aerosmith record, and a Chicago, all for less than 15 bucks. And I’ve got a baseball game later today. Everything is great. 
(I mean it’s also really hard to be in a bad mood when listening to Chuck Berry)

2 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

I just got some really good records for cheap. I got a Chuck Berry greatest hits, Fleetwood Mac, and an Aerosmith record, and a Chicago, all for less than 15 bucks. And I’ve got a baseball game later today. Everything is great. 
(I mean it’s also really hard to be in a bad mood when listening to Chuck Berry)

I don't know where you got these, but I gotta say, thrift shop records are a goldmine if you're patient! I've found some of my favorites there.

So I've been having kind of a hard time lately, and I haven't felt at my best at all. Tonight, I decided to go improvise on the piano for a bit because I have a really emotional connection with music. I got to the piano and I felt something special there, and I hesitantly started to record my feelings on the keys.

Flash forward, hours (and many tears) later, I was still going. I played my emotions, processed them, tried to understand them, and learned to love them. It was a rollercoaster filled with the many bumps that life has slammed me with recently. I approached my feelings from every angle until I felt I'd really processed my anxieties. And now I feel mostly cleansed of stresses and worries that have plagued me for many months. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. 

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is supposed to go here or not, but I thought I'd post this here because it really was something special and I wanted to share it with someone.

6 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

So I've been having kind of a hard time lately, and I haven't felt at my best at all. Tonight, I decided to go improvise on the piano for a bit because I have a really emotional connection with music. I got to the piano and I felt something special there, and I hesitantly started to record my feelings on the keys.

Flash forward, hours (and many tears) later, I was still going. I played my emotions, processed them, tried to understand them, and learned to love them. It was a rollercoaster filled with the many bumps that life has slammed me with recently. I approached my feelings from every angle until I felt I'd really processed my anxieties. And now I feel mostly cleansed of stresses and worries that have plagued me for many months. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. 

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is supposed to go here or not, but I thought I'd post this here because it really was something special and I wanted to share it with someone.

Music can be a powerful expression of what we feel deep within. You have it seems found your outlet. Thank you for sharing!