The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

ALRIGHT PEOPLE I'M TAGGING PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING PERTAINING TO MY LOVE LIFE I HAVE THE BEST NEWS

@Szeth's Facepalm @Robin Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood uhhhhhh who else uhhh uhhhhhh @The Wandering Wizard you seem vibey lets get you invested @Morningtide YOU MORNINGTIDE GET OVER HERE. @Spook's biggest fan we are friends so you have to know ab me.

ok i think thats everyone

ok

now

*hem hem* *aheeeeehmm*

ok

so

for those who do not know, on saturday night, i got that random urge to just tell K (crush/best friend, if you know you know) that I like her. So I decided to listen to that urge. (yo wait Inside Out moment eyoo????) On sunday, i contacted several friends asking for advice on how to best do so. While waiting for a response, I grabbed K in the hallway at church and said, verbatim:

"I need to talk to you about something important, preferably this week. When works?"

"I get home around 4:30..."

"Tomorrow 4:40, then?"

"Sure. i guess. (wtf...)"

"Great see you then."

And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited some more. Throughout all of today I had butterflies in my stomach and was very very nervous. I got more advice from friends and got much hyped up.

And then, I went over to her house. She answered the door, and I swear I don't know how she manages to look so. storming. gorgeous. every. single. storming. day. 

So I stall for like 10 minutes, hanging out with her, her sis, her bro, and her dog (all three of which i am also friends with)

And then, we manage to chase off her siblings, and we go under the table hockey table thingy to talk. The convo starts off very slow and awkward, bc i have no idea what i'm doing. and she's just looking at me, saying nothing but being so encouraging. (gods i love this girl)

But I start at the beginning. The very beginning, when I first had a crush on her before covid (before that crush kinda faded and i dated two other girls) before reaching more recent times, when i reference that I had noticed the crush around mid to late February, and then after I binged Arcane with her over spring break, i realized it was legit feelings, not just a crush.

So then I told her, "So I've basically, just had a crush on you for four months. And haven't told you. And been struggling with that. As a sophomore. With homework."

Now, since I'm somehow funny, she starts laughing (which is the most amazing sound in the world dshaoueubao and it's easy for me to make her laugh apparently)

and then she leans in and goes, "c'mere"

and i recoil because confused and dramatic white boi lmao

and she laughs and unrecoils me and then...

SHE KISSES MY CHEEK AND THEN I REALIZE SHE LIKES ME BACK AND THEN I'M ON TOP OF THE MOON ON TOP OF THE WORLD ON TOP OF SATURN ON TOP OF PLUTO I'M SO HAPPY AAAAAAAAAAAAA

so that happens we talk for a bit more (apparently she's also liked me back for some time as well and i was right in my assumptions) and then we just hang out for a while afterwards.

so yeah. i've still got a while to go before it's a full fledged bf/gf situation, but my bestie knows i'm basically in love with her, and she feels similarly. and i'm very happy. like, insanely happy.

thank you for reading.

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I also have a girl I have a crush on and am too nervous to tell her.

does she act like she likes you back?

do you catch her randomly just looking at you, or randomly leaning towards you, or anything similarly?? are you already friends or is this just a classic crush???

Edited by CalanoCorvus

Congrats, @CalanoCorvus!

Okay, I'mma be a nerd here for a quick sec.  

I like old things.  I like sewing.  Well, Saturday I went antiquing, and I found circa 1920's silk flowers!  They're in incredibly good condition, and they're probably a hundred years old, and that, to me, is really cool!  (I got six for five dollars, it's great.)  But not only that!  In another shop, out of absolutely nowhere, I found a Victorian era linen shift.  It might be from France.  It was so cool!  It had underarm gussets, and the hem was selvage, and so was the neckline, and I don't know how that works, but I want to find out.  The linen was really good quality too, especially for something that's roughly a hundred years old.  Old stuff!  Is so!  Neat!

I am seriously tempted to hand sew another shift now.

9 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

ALRIGHT PEOPLE I'M TAGGING PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING PERTAINING TO MY LOVE LIFE I HAVE THE BEST NEWS

@Szeth's Facepalm @Robin Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood uhhhhhh who else uhhh uhhhhhh @The Wandering Wizard you seem vibey lets get you invested @Morningtide YOU MORNINGTIDE GET OVER HERE. @Spook's biggest fan we are friends so you have to know ab me.

ok

now

*hem hem* *aheeeeehmm*

ok

so

for those who do not know, on saturday night, i got that random urge to just tell K (crush/best friend, if you know you know) that I like her. So I decided to listen to that urge. (yo wait Inside Out moment eyoo????) On sunday, i contacted several friends asking for advice on how to best do so. While waiting for a response, I grabbed K in the hallway at church and said, verbatim:

"I need to talk to you about something important, preferably this week. When works?"

"Great see you then."

And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited some more. Throughout all of today I had butterflies in my stomach and was very very nervous. I got more advice from friends and got much hyped up.

And then, I went over to her house. She answered the door, and I swear I don't know how she manages to look so. storming. gorgeous. every. single. storming. day. 

So I stall for like 10 minutes, hanging out with her, her sis, her bro, and her dog (all three of which i am also friends with)

And then, we manage to chase off her siblings, and we go under the table hockey table thingy to talk. The convo starts off very slow and awkward, bc i have no idea what i'm doing. and she's just looking at me, saying nothing but being so encouraging. (gods i love this girl)

But I start at the beginning. The very beginning, when I first had a crush on her before covid (before that crush kinda faded and i dated two other girls) before reaching more recent times, when i reference that I had noticed the crush around mid to late February, and then after I binged Arcane with her over spring break, i realized it was legit feelings, not just a crush.

So then I told her, "So I've basically, just had a crush on you for four months. And haven't told you. And been struggling with that. As a sophomore. With homework."

Now, since I'm somehow funny, she starts laughing (which is the most amazing sound in the world dshaoueubao and it's easy for me to make her laugh apparently)

SHE KISSES MY CHEEK AND THEN I REALIZE SHE LIKES ME BACK AND THEN I'M ON TOP OF THE MOON ON TOP OF THE WORLD ON TOP OF SATURN ON TOP OF PLUTO I'M SO HAPPY AAAAAAAAAAAAA

so that happens we talk for a bit more (apparently she's also liked me back for some time as well and i was right in my assumptions) and then we just hang out for a while afterwards.

so yeah. i've still got a while to go before it's a full fledged bf/gf situation, but my bestie knows i'm basically in love with her, and she feels similarly. and i'm very happy. like, insanely happy.

thank you for reading.

That's awesome!! 

15 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

ok

now

*hem hem* *aheeeeehmm*

ok

so

"Great see you then."

And then I waited.

And waited.

thank you for reading.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay! That's so good for you. I'm glad it worked out great; that sounds like the best thing ever. Hooray to you for following your instincts!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Morningtide said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay! That's so good for you. I'm glad it worked out great; that sounds like the best thing ever. Hooray to you for following your instincts!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

MORNINGTIDE THANK YOUUUUUU I AM SO VERY HAPPY AAAAA

18 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

ok

now

*hem hem* *aheeeeehmm*

ok

so

"Great see you then."

And then I waited.

And waited.

thank you for reading.

NOICE THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU DOOMIE!!!!!!! you are way more brave than me.. lol. NOICE!

18 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

words aren't working correctly to say thanks and i know and holy crap im in love aouefhaohe

Your heart overflows with so subtle yet mighty a power that it quakes the very foundations of this fleeting plane?

since everyone now knows I used to be Doomslug, that is now my status/rank title indefinitely.

edit: noooooo it's too long

edit 2: WAIT I CAN PUT IT IN MY SIGNATURE

edit 3: it is done

Edited by CalanoCorvus

14 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

since everyone now knows I used to be Doomslug, that is now my status/rank title indefinitely.

edit: noooooo it's too long

edit 2: WAIT I CAN PUT IT IN MY SIGNATURE

edit 3: it is done

Noice. @Nathrangking, you are so poetic that it's honestly ridiculously amazing. (me being so not poetic right now)

Very happy for you @CalanoCorvus.

I know what you feel like, I still sometimes feel surprised that my girlfriend and I are together.

Now for my somewhat blunt(I won't say anything mean though, don't worry) commentary.

20 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

And then, we manage to chase off her siblings, and we go under the table hockey table thingy to talk. 

Under the air hockey table? Why? I guess there are worse places you could go though.

I don't know exactly how to say this, but she seems kind of forward. It was well over a month after my gf and I were official that either of us kissed the other, and it was a very awkward situation because neither of us was sure if the other was alright with it. Not that it's anything wrong, it's just a kiss on the cheek, I'm pretty sure the Standards for Youth pamphlet says that's fine.

28 minutes ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

Under the air hockey table? Why? I guess there are worse places you could go though.

bc we needed a semi-private place where we couldn't be overheard bc this is idk kind of a secretive topic if that makes sense??? but yeah there are worse places true.

31 minutes ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

I don't know exactly how to say this, but she seems kind of forward. It was well over a month after my gf and I were official that either of us kissed the other, and it was a very awkward situation because neither of us was sure if the other was alright with it. Not that it's anything wrong, it's just a kiss on the cheek, I'm pretty sure the Standards for Youth pamphlet says that's fine.

yeah she's very forward. it's one of the qualities i like about her :)

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

bc we needed a semi-private place where we couldn't be overheard bc this is idk kind of a secretive topic if that makes sense??? but yeah there are worse places true.

yeah she's very forward. it's one of the qualities i like about her :)

That's.... sweet. I don't have another word for it, so that's what it is. Don't be offended please, some people don't like that word. I mean it in a really good way!!