The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Look what finally came in!

51F3D9B5-B51E-4C8B-9066-DFFFD66917AB.thumb.jpeg.feef1e83047316e13b21adaa05422569.jpeg

The bookmark is under the bumper sticker. The coasters are cute and fun! I love how the sets for the Truthwatchers and Willshapers came out.

5D37CF32-F0F3-416B-9EF1-41CD62B0684A.thumb.jpeg.b68f38682a64151466a7b4e1a30234b8.jpeg

The playing cards are neat, though I’m not sure if I’d ever actually use them as anything but display. The Lightweaver set, my Order, is awesome! The chicken scouts stuff is adorable! Love how the Wit coin turned out along with the backer pin.

49E22C52-E01F-4F19-8941-9244730ABEAE.thumb.jpeg.712210dde4575a81fd275a07c47cc6c3.jpeg

Just some advertisement stuff but I liked it included this thank you note.

Brandon and everyone at Dragonsteel are the coolest and awesome! I hope the Kickstarter for WOR goes even better than this and includes even more awesome stuff!

Also I picked up Dark One while at B&N.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

My graduation was pushed back because of RL stuff and then another year because of the COVID pandemic but I officially graduated today! I am now a Master of Philosophy :D 

Whoo-hoo! :D

(So uh, what pen you gonna buy to mark the occasion? ;))

58 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Whoo-hoo! :D

(So uh, what pen you gonna buy to mark the occasion? ;))

I think I'll retroactively chalk the Leonardo Momento Magico to this, it's thematically appropriate anyway and I got it close enough :P 

• 4 weeks later...

Been job searching so I can finally leave the toxic environment I currently work at and I finally got a callback! I’ve been wanting to work at Barnes & Noble and I didn’t care if it was barista at the cafe or bookseller for the store. It’s not the closest one to me, that one rejected all my applications, but it’s the next closest so it’s good for the drive at least. I’m hoping it goes to interview level so I can know to give my storming two weeks notice and the ol two finger salute of punkhood.

Hopefully this works out and I can stay for a few years to reach senior level and move out of Texas for good.

• 1 month later...

I suppose this qualifies. Today is the day that I fly abroad to live far from the place that I grew up. It is a mix of emotions really to do such a thing. However, it is doubtlessly a positive thing. I may be forced out of my comfort zone, but change can be a catalyst for growth.

19 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I suppose this qualifies. Today is the day that I fly abroad to live far from the place that I grew up. It is a mix of emotions really to do such a thing. However, it is doubtlessly a positive thing. I may be forced out of my comfort zone, but change can be a catalyst for growth.

Good luck! Safe travels!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my wisdom teeth out, and it hasn't been too bad so far. The numbing is finally wearing off, and my face hasn't turned too many different colors yet. Of course, I'll probably be eating my words once the numbing finishes wearing off and my jaw starts hurting worse.

22 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Well, I got my wisdom teeth out, and it hasn't been too bad so far. The numbing is finally wearing off, and my face hasn't turned too many different colors yet. Of course, I'll probably be eating my words once the numbing finishes wearing off and my jaw starts hurting worse.

It's a crap shoot, but for me I was able to get away with just some advil the night of my operation and soft foods for a couple days. 

Hope your experience is similar! 

Got 4 new books for my TBR pile.

Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik

A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik. This sounded interesting since it sounds like an evil witch/Queen origin type story.

The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

I Am a Cat by Sōseki Natsume. Funnily I was looking for a different book, 101 Dalmatians, and found this one. I knew of it thanks to the game The Great Ace Attorney since Sōseki was one of the recurring characters in the game so I was curious. Funny how I went looking for a dog book and came away with a cat book.

Got some bootleg DVDs at the FanExpo convention. I don’t normally support bootlegs but in this case I had no choice. It was for 5 seasons of Super Sentai and it was seasons that don’t have official copies thanks to Hasbro saying no more releases until further notice. I know these are going to look like crem, especially the one that says it’s 2 discs with 50 episodes + movie, but it’s better than nothing. If official releases restart I know I’ll definitely upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Well not today, but three weeks ago I was officially given a shout out by brandon on live stream #35. I had not watched it live so I was unaware until I was notified that it had happened. I was surprised to say the least. It was a pleasant surprise, but also shocking to be called out by name in front of the fandom now and for all of time until the internet ceases to exist.

Got an exciting callback. Universal Studios Orlando called and almost hired me. If I was already over in Orlando I probably would’ve gotten it and their quarterly hiring didn’t work for my ETA for moving, the earliest I could arrive and move in would be over the holidays through the new year which is past their current hiring period of Halloween thru Christmas.

Even my mother is now trying to help me with apartment hunting which could happen while on vacation, since we’ll be in the area, but I’m currently checking apartments.com to get ideas for single and roommate configurations, one coworker friend of my mother is thinking of telling her son about the job to see if he wants to go and room with me there. I’m not into rooming with someone but I’ll grin and bear it if I have to.

For 6 weeks I have been living a nightmare. Emotionally I was a wreck. I kept the Shard the informed about my tale of woe. I gave some details and others well I prefer to leave them as they are. Let me say this, as far as I can tell the nightmare is over. I escaped yesterday after thinking that just maybe I was trapped for the long hall. It drained me a great deal. My work was sub par and there was little for me to do about it. My heart was not in it and I was doing my best impression of avoidance. The emotions were so raw and in many ways still are. It seems like a dream. In only 6 weeks I have changed more than I have years. I'm free now.

On 10/11/2021 at 6:54 AM, Nathrangking said:

For 6 weeks I have been living a nightmare. Emotionally I was a wreck. I kept the Shard the informed about my tale of woe. I gave some details and others well I prefer to leave them as they are. Let me say this, as far as I can tell the nightmare is over. I escaped yesterday after thinking that just maybe I was trapped for the long hall. It drained me a great deal. My work was sub par and there was little for me to do about it. My heart was not in it and I was doing my best impression of avoidance. The emotions were so raw and in many ways still are. It seems like a dream. In only 6 weeks I have changed more than I have years. I'm free now.

I have found myself unable to supply sufficient words for the situation so will instead leave you with a .GIF file that I hope adequately represents my thoughts and feelings:

iu.gif.aeeb3a98fb04b7aed1cfb2a3409f7fea.gif

Congrats, man, happy for ya! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Getting close to finalizing my move. Went apartment hunting while on vacation last week and found a couple potential ones. However I’m debating whether to go the ‘temporary apartment then get a forever home’ route or go straight to ‘get a forever home’ route because of apartments in Orlando averaging $1600 a month while a home mortgage wouldn’t be that much more, especially a townhouse in the 400,000 range.

I also will have to finalize the job side as well since it won’t be worth moving if I’m not able to pay the bills.

• 1 month later...

Slowly getting packed up to be ready to move to Orlando. So far I’ve got about 90-95% of my knick knack stuff packed with the stuff still to go being what little kitchen stuff I have (got a bit as Christmas presents like knives and Pyrex containers), my books, my movies, my gaming stuff (I’m including puzzles and Lego here) and finally furniture and clothes.

The books I have a plan of attack where I want to keep certain ones together, like my leatherbound books together, and have my TBR books separated from my already read books. Movies I want to keep a little organized, like my Disney films together, so I’m not having to reorganize when unpacking.

Going to be interesting how long this’ll actually take and how many boxes and tubs I’ll have in the end.

The one thing I’m trying to figure out how to pack carefully are my built Lego sets since a few are big sets that would take a while to undo and then rebuild.

Packing the books now. Got the leatherbound ones in a couple tubs and sorted out the give away books from the keep books. Going to try keeping my TBR books separate from the keepers. My mother couldn’t believe how many I’m keeping which shows she’s not a reader at all. Still got some in storage I need to look at but since the majority are from my childhood there most likely won’t be many keepers. One thing I know is stored away I am keeping are my grandma’s Little House books since it’s a sentimental thing for me.

Almost completely packed. All that remains are my games, should be one box on that, plus furniture and clothes.

Also sent in my resignation letter yesterday with Friday being my last day. If things go well and I get the job in Florida then I just need to finalize getting a place and I should be able to get working either by the end of the month or next month.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, Draginon said:

Almost completely packed. All that remains are my games, should be one box on that, plus furniture and clothes.

Also sent in my resignation letter yesterday with Friday being my last day. If things go well and I get the job in Florida then I just need to finalize getting a place and I should be able to get working either by the end of the month or next month.

Maybe a bit late to say so, but best of luck!

I'm planning advertising this month, handing in my resignation at the start of March, then from April, I'm becoming a full time D&D Dungeon Master :)

On 2/2/2022 at 6:53 AM, Bort said:

Maybe a bit late to say so, but best of luck!

I'm planning advertising this month, handing in my resignation at the start of March, then from April, I'm becoming a full time D&D Dungeon Master :)

Thank you!

I’m waiting on that call right now saying to come in and the house is about 90% packed when not counting the furniture. It’s not a job I want to do forever, my parents think I’m doing it to have as my forever job, but it’s going to be my day job until I can get my YouTube channel off the ground and make a living with it. I mostly want to do reviews on this channel but I’m open to doing other stuff when I’m in a lull or something is taking longer than normal.

I GOT THE CALL!!!!

I have to be at Universal on Monday to do the fingerprint and I9 appointments before going to day 1 orientation on the following Wednesday. It’s only part time work but I don’t care about, I’ll come in whenever they are short staffed, even if it’s my day off.

Its going to be nice to be working of my own volition and for someplace I like.