The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I’ve been accepted into the OCD and Anxiety Treatment Center! The insurance will cover me there for the month of September :D I really, really hope this is going to help. Exposure therapy will suck, but I have hope. 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

I’ve been accepted into the OCD and Anxiety Treatment Center! The insurance will cover me there for the month of September :D I really, really hope this is going to help. Exposure therapy will suck, but I have hope. 

That's great Ene! I hope it helps!

Good news I still have a house standing after Laura which is the important part.. bad news is that a pine tree sliced it so I’m sure there’s all kinds of rain water damage waiting for me to find when I get back from Houston. Was getting ready to head back today to take pics for insurance and then come back but a plant caught on fire releasing toxic fumes so the shelter in place is still going. Hopefully I can get back tomorrow or Saturday.

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

Good news I still have a house standing after Laura which is the important part.. bad news is that a pine tree sliced it so I’m sure there’s all kinds of rain water damage waiting for me to find when I get back from Houston. Was getting ready to head back today to take pics for insurance and then come back but a plant caught on fire releasing toxic fumes so the shelter in place is still going. Hopefully I can get back tomorrow or Saturday.

Yay for still standing, although not for rain damage and fumes. I wish you the best. 

Edited by Mist

For the past month or two I have known my bosses were doing some shady things and I finally figured it out!! Its PPP fraud, I just need to figure out who I report it to and hope there's a hefty reward for blowing the whistle. It feels good to finally know whats going on XD. I also successfully disassembled and fixed my resin 3D printer and have been consistently getting good prints. This coupled with a semi-successful aluminum casting has me feeling pretty good. Also, @hoiditthroughthegrapevine blackberry pie has to be the best type of pie, congratulations on 3 of them!! I'm definitely not at all jealous :D

57 minutes ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

For the past month or two I have known my bosses were doing some shady things and I finally figured it out!! Its PPP fraud, I just need to figure out who I report it to and hope there's a hefty reward for blowing the whistle. It feels good to finally know whats going on XD. I also successfully disassembled and fixed my resin 3D printer and have been consistently getting good prints. This coupled with a semi-successful aluminum casting has me feeling pretty good. Also, @hoiditthroughthegrapevine blackberry pie has to be the best type of pie, congratulations on 3 of them!! I'm definitely not at all jealous :D

Not surprising fraud is happening with all the Covid Relief money sloshing around, way to the right thing!

That's rad about casting in Aluminum, what are you casting and how are you doing it?

4 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

I dub thee skybreaker!

On 9/1/2020 at 10:28 AM, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Also, @hoiditthroughthegrapevine blackberry pie has to be the best type of pie, congratulations on 3 of them!! I'm definitely not at all jealous :D

20200902_080202.jpg.ae430bfa450397aa37827a5ef99461e5.jpg

It was soooo good!

In memoriam of another pie that was with us for too brief a time, here are some famous quotes about pie:

"Four score and seven pies ago I was a somber, unhappy man. Now I'm smiling all the time" - Abraham Lincoln

"Vini, vidi, pie comedi" (I came, I saw, I ate pie) - Gaius Julius Caesar

"If one were to but recall the multitude of plates upon which one has enjoyed pie, it is possible to attain Nirvana if one's stack of plates be sufficiently tall" - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"Tis better to have eaten pie and been painfully full, than never to have eaten pie at all" - Alfred Lord Tennyson

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love, to eat pie." - Marcus Aurelius

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

10 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

20200902_080202.jpg.ae430bfa450397aa37827a5ef99461e5.jpg

It was soooo good!

In memoriam of another pie that was with us for too brief a tume, here are some famous quotes about pie:

"Four score amd seven pies ago I was a somber, unhappy man. Now I'm smiling all the time" - Abraham Lincoln

"Vini, vidi, pie comedit" (I came, I saw, I ate pie) - Gaius Julius Caesar

"If one were to but recall the multitude of plates upon which one has enjoyed pie, it is possible to attain Nirvana if one's stack of plates be sufficiently tall" - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"Tis better to have eaten pie and been painfully full, than never to have eaten pie at all" - Alfred Lord Tennyson

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love, to eat pie." - Marcus Aurelius

Veni, vidi, pie comedi, perhaps? 

Also, it looks delicious!

Edited by Mist

8 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Stop torturing me!!! Those look amazing. 41B918CE-E562-48B8-A502-F6A34821D2DC.gif.010f0bf1ebe04c3068af43e6b3028b05.gif :P

If you live where you can get blackberries, I'll send you the recipe, it's super simple and ridiculously delicious.

My wife and I are going back to our late season blackberey spot with our dogs this Friday, if they grow around you they're still out there ripe for the picking.

42 minutes ago, Mist said:

Veni, vidi, pie comedi, perhaps? 

Also, it looks delicious!

That sounds way better, I just used Google translate. I'll edit my post, thanks!

It was really good, heated up with some Umpqua vanilla ice cream on top. Sublime!

My excitement feels inadequate after reading through some things here, but uh

I just got my drivers license!

Also those pies reminds me that I was going to pick some blackberries and make blackberry cobbler before the 1/4 acre or blackberries in out backyard disappeared.

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

My excitement feels inadequate after reading through some things here, but uh

I just got my drivers license!

Also those pies reminds me that I was going to pick some blackberries and make blackberry cobbler before the 1/4 acre or blackberries in out backyard disappeared.

Yay! That's great! Unlimited freedom. :ph34r: :P