The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

So for the past two years or so I've been working on a little "revision" of The Last Jedi. I do not hate this movie, but there are things in it I disagreed with as an aspiring writer and as a Star Wars fan. So I wrote an overview of the changes - a personal dialogue between me and Rian Johnson, if you will.

On a different forum I actually got to share my version, and it slowly expanded from a "revision" of TLJ to one of the entire sequel trilogy after TROS came out. And I'm SO STORMING CLOSE to finishing it! I've learned so much about what I want out of stories and how I value aspects within them through this process, so even if this amounts to nothing more than fanfiction, I'm proud of my work; because now I feel like I've taken a tangible step closer twoards my dream of being an author. Tomorrow I have class, but either afterwards or Wednesday US time I'll finish up my "revisions." Scud, this feels so good! 

• 1 month later...

I just got news that all of my finals are officially optional/canceled due to the complications caused by the coronavirus, which is a HUGE relief. I mean, the epidemic is still horrible, but this is one consequence I don't mind. Also, if you're wondering why I have finals in the middle of spring, my school's on the quarter system, so the school year is broken up into 3 terms instead of 2 semesters.

Edited by ILuvHats

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.03.2015 at 3:46 PM, traceria said:

Woo hoo! to being almost done with school!  That's great that the director thinks so highly of you and wants you to apply.  Do let us know how that turns out!  :D

That is really good, congratulation!

• 2 weeks later...

IT FINALLY CAME!! These were ordered for my birthday a while back, but they finally came today! I’m so excited. These two games have some of the best soundtracks ever, and finding quality versions on Musescore can be a pain sometimes, so to have it all right here in paper... It’s over two-hundred pages of some of the best sheet music, all at the tip of my fingers!! Not to mention, this quarantine it the perfect opportunity to learn all of these songs.

298EF699-0509-4DEF-AEAC-1CDB07882074.jpeg

We found Morels for the first time!

While walking our dogs my daughter found 9 yellow Morels (Morchella esculent) alongside the trail. 

YellowMorels.thumb.jpg.6312149efdbca56a212beba3b56ba045.jpg

They are such delicious mushrooms! We tried them dry sauted, sauted in butter and sauted in olive oil. The consensus from my family was that they tasted best dry sauted, with one dissenting vote for olive oil.

This is just the start of many delicious morel culinary experiments, so exciting!!

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

It really is! :D I love living in a valley, despite the heat. The mountains are practically in my backyard and the view from any hill is stupendous.

Ayyyyy mountain gang!! I live right by mountains too, it’s one of my favorite things ever to see them whenever I crest a hilltop

For the price of $100 I'll be able to get a season pass for the unguided ski season at Silverton. This is a quarter of the price I'd pay later in the year, and comes with the option of a $34 heli drop. This place is basically lift served backcountry, and is one of the rawest skiing experiences out there. I am excited for next winter!

My brother pre-ordered Call to Adventure: Stormlight Archive Edition for me on a different site than Brotherwise Games because he had a deal, and it took forever to ship. (We think too many people pre-ordered on Brotherwise and they had to print more.) Anyway, it FINALLY SHIPPED!!!!! I can't wait! It'll still be a while before I get it, but still!

These last two months have been some of the hardest two months of my life (and probably for different reasons you think). With one of my sisters and my dad becoming disabled, my mom stressing over saving our school, and accepting the fact that at the end of the summer, every last one of my friends will have officially willingly chosen to leave me, things have been kinda rough. But this is not the bad news thread, but the good news thread, and just this last week, a couple things went right for a change, and right you guys are some of the only people who have the free time to listen. So yeah, here's some stuff:

1. I got hired at Chick-fil-a 

2. I am now the captain of the Speech team

3. One of my sisters delivered a beautiful little girl safely in a pandemic hotspot

Not to mention that right before everything went crazy, I discovered Brandon Sanderson, and just recently I discovered a wonderful online community with wonderful welcoming people (I will elaborate further in the compliments thread in just a second) So, yeah, life is kind of cool this week.

Just now, Scarletfox said:

These last two months have been some of the hardest two months of my life (and probably for different reasons you think). With one of my sisters and my dad becoming disabled, my mom stressing over saving our school, and accepting the fact that at the end of the summer, every last one of my friends will have officially willingly chosen to leave me, things have been kinda rough. But this is not the bad news thread, but the good news thread, and just this last week, a couple things went right for a change, and right you guys are some of the only people who have the free time to listen. So yeah, here's some stuff:

1. I got hired at Chick-fil-a 

2. I am now the captain of the Speech team

3. One of my sisters delivered a beautiful little girl safely in a pandemic hotspot

Not to mention that right before everything went crazy, I discovered Brandon Sanderson, and just recently I discovered a wonderful online community with wonderful welcoming people (I will elaborate further in the compliments thread in just a second) So, yeah, life is kind of cool this week.

(@Rosharan A.C.)

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

(Congratulations on all the good news!)