traceria

The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

4,370 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2019 at 9:19 PM, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

It’s official, I’m moving to Colorado! The past year has been really confusing and stressful, and it’s taken a long time to come to this point, but my family finally got a house that we like and will be moving in about two weeks.:D

If I’m not on here very much, it’ll be because I’m busy packing and stuff.;)

Nice. As a fellow Coloradan, I'd like to welcome you to this great state. Which part of Colorado?

I finished my Cosmere novel reread!

i started in December (and read some other books)

On 13/06/2019 at 2:39 AM, Doomstick said:

I finished my Cosmere novel reread!

i started in December (and read some other books)

Nice! I am on Warbreaker and only have Stormlight to finish. Started in February so hoping I'll be done shortly and can move to Wheel of Time

So, I do this thing for some of the roleplays I'm in where I copy-paste the writing - though not the chat - then edit all the grammar and continuity in a Google Doc. I'm currently doing this with an RP called Volume One: The Beginning, which has over 270 pages of content already, most of which is unedited. Maybe a fourth of that is edited material.

I had a control-A accident and almost permanently lost every word. Weeks and weeks of work, down the drain, forced to redo it all. You wouldn't be able to believe the stress. I about died. Even when I clicked the back arrow, Google gave me a pop-up saying it was having a hard time saving so much so fast and it was temporarily suspending editing abilities. It was like that for like half an hour. It just finished saving, and everything is safe. I feel giddy.

Don't take anything for granted, kids. Holy crepes.

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

So, I do this thing for some of the roleplays I'm in where I copy-paste the writing - though not the chat - then edit all the grammar and continuity in a Google Doc. I'm currently doing this with an RP called Volume One: The Beginning, which has over 270 pages of content already, most of which is unedited. Maybe a fourth of that is edited material.

I had a control-A accident and almost permanently lost every word. Weeks and weeks of work, down the drain, forced to redo it all. You wouldn't be able to believe the stress. I about died. Even when I clicked the back arrow, Google gave me a pop-up saying it was having a hard time saving so much so fast and it was temporarily suspending editing abilities. It was like that for like half an hour. It just finished saving, and everything is safe. I feel giddy.

Don't take anything for granted, kids. Holy crepes.

Google docs saves revision history, so it wouldn't have gone away anyway :) Glad everything is okay though!

Just now, Chaos said:

Google docs saves revision history, so it wouldn't have gone away anyway :) Glad everything is okay though!

It does? How do I access that? And thank you!

File -> Version History. You can see everyone who has done anything in the file too. It's amazing.

One more reason why Drive is superior to Word. :ph34r: Thanks for showing me, Chaos!

Posted (edited)

I took my dog out last night before heading to bed.  As I rounded the corner of my house, I was hit by one of the most beautiful night skies I'd ever seen.  

Over the mountain was a bright full moon,  massive reflective halo spreading out, which surprised me since the night was so clear.  There was also an unusual warm color to the moonlight,  instead of its cool white/blue.  A couple of very determined stars (probably planets) shone nearby despite the brightness of the moon.  And the fireflies, which I'm used to seeing low in grassy areas at dusk, were blinking away from the silhouettes of the treetops. Words can't do it justice.  My jaw dropped. 

Edited by Zelly

I was just browsing YouTube when I came across this. The nostalgia is so real right now I can't even. 

I learned that I have talent at drawing!

I told a girl that I liked them!

I'm out of school!

YAY

4 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I'm out of school!

YAY

These are all very good things! Congratulations!

7 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I'm out of school!

YAY

Noooooooooooooooice

and

Smooooooooooooooth

and

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

On 6/21/2019 at 1:11 PM, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I'm out of school!

YAY

Props on that second one. It’s really stressful—maybe that’s just me in particular—but it’s totally worth it.

4 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Props on that second one. It’s really stressful—maybe that’s just me in particular—but it’s totally worth it.

This ^. But I've learned that TUBA has some great relationship advice. Also, asking the person you like for relationship advice can sometimes work.

On 6/21/2019 at 0:11 PM, Ax's Boyfriend said:

How’d it go?

Posted (edited)

On 21/06/2019 at 8:11 PM, Ax's Boyfriend said:

2 hours ago, Doomstick said:

How’d it go?

This needs answered!

Edited by Wander89

Just now, Wander89 said:

This needs answered!

This needs grammared!

Spoiler

:P

4 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

This needs grammared!

Hide contents

:P

<_< hahaha. Blame my excitement for the inconsistencies!

Just now, Wander89 said:

<_< hahaha. Blame my excitement for the inconsistencies!

Always gets to me

1 minute ago, Doomstick said:

Always gets to me

I mean, it's either I handle my grammar and don't get excited or I get excited and let loose. I can't do both, geez.:P

Just now, Wander89 said:

I mean, it's either I handle my grammar and don't get excited or I get excited and let loose. I can't do both, geez.:P

I know!!

YOOO I'm not sure how this happened but I somehow managed to make an A in the class I thought I bombed the final of. idk what my ACTUAL grade was, but I don't care, because it's an A!

I’m back from Philmont. I couldn’t ask for more.