traceria

The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

4,470 posts in this topic

Just now, AonEne said:

Well, could've been worse. *shrugs* Maybe her feelings will change. *offers hugs and cookies*

I mean, in my experience, they usually don't, but I guess there's always a chance they will.

Had a great few days. My mental capacity is slightly better to the point where I've started to pay much needed attention to my family and significant other, who has not necessarily been neglected; my headspace just hasn't been in the right place. A good mood does solve the issues but here's hoping it keeps up because there's a few things ahead that should be pretty exciting!

Guess who's falconry permit just got UPGRADED! I'm now a general falconer!

Just now, Kestrel said:

You have a falconry permit?!? You have FALCONS? Do you have any sooty falcons? I bow down to your birdy ways :wub: Congrats!

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

You have a falconry permit?!? You have FALCONS? Do you have any sooty falcons? I bow down to your birdy ways :wub: Congrats!

Ha! I'm between birds right now. I flew red-tailed hawks for my two apprentice years. I'm planning on flying a kestrel this year.

On 12/07/2019 at 8:58 PM, Kestrel said:

Yes!!

Picked up 3 more comics. These are the two Shattered Grid volumes of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and The Walking Dead: Here’s Negan for $5. The Walking Dead one came with a copy of #100 with the B&N variant which is nice, though I don’t collect issues so not necessary for me, and the Power Rangers ones I’m waiting to read since the full Shattered Grid event is told over 4 volumes (MMPR Volume 7 #25-28, MMPR Volume 8 #29-30 & Shattered Grid Finale #1, GGPR Volume 3 #9-12 and Lost Chronicles 2018 Annual #1. There’s also the FCBD special but I have to wait for the Shattered Grid collection for that.)

The happiest music with no lyrics ever.

I got a new bow tie! :D 

I found a tea that I had been looking for for 2ish years!

Release day for Dark Age (the latest Red Rising book by Pierce Brown! It’s been delayed twice now I think but it’s finally here! For some reason the audiobook comes out a day later and I will be going that route. Also Ken Liu just announced he is done with the first draft, of the concluding book, for his Dandelion Dynasty book series!

Brandon Sanderson posted on my expanded version of The Girl Who Looked Up in reddit and I am having an internal (happy) freak out!!! (mistborn is his reddit account)

82E92C31-3865-41A6-AF6E-8CC544090956.jpeg

Edited by Lunamor

11 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Brandon Sanderson posted on my expanded version of The Girl Who Looked Up in reddit and I am having an internal (happy) freak out!!! (mistborn is his reddit account)

82E92C31-3865-41A6-AF6E-8CC544090956.jpeg

That’s amazing!

2 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

On my way to an open interview!  Hoping I get a job! :)

Good luck! 

Just now, AonEne said:

Good luck! 

Thanks babe. I thought it went pretty well. Hopefully I'll get a call back!

Did you just call me babe? What, how do I react to that. 

Yay, that's good! Is it a job you're excited for? 

I went to a Collective Soul concert on Tuesday! :D I had a mild cold, which somewhat soured the experience, but it was still amazing. I got to say hi to the band, too!

Gin Blossoms performed too, but as that was the first time I'd heard most of those songs, I was less interested. I liked what I heard, though.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:09 PM, AonEne said:

Did you just call me babe? What, how do I react to that. 

Yay, that's good! Is it a job you're excited for? 

Lmfao, sorry about that!  I use my phone to post and had just gotten done talking to my fiancé.  Subconscious slip!  XD

16 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Lmfao, sorry about that!  I use my phone to post and had just gotten done talking to my fiancé.  Subconscious slip!  XD

Ha, okay. Thanks for the explanation :P

Climbed Grey's Peak, despite a three week old cold. Didn't let it stop me.

I've never really been very vocal, either online or irl, about how down I'm feeling due to my personal circumstances. Sometimes I've found it had to get around anywhere that isn't my kitchen and then its straight back to bed. I've always put on a face of a confident young guy who is outspoken and funny but, as you've probably guessed, that's a wall that needed a hammer taken to it.

Recently, my family and girlfriend gave me a bit of tough love. Just in regards to my behaviour and attitude to life and it really hit home. There was no malice or bad intent but it genuinely has given me a new outlook. I'm 30 on the 10th of September and really need my life in order. I've managed to just get out of bed and go and do things without worrying where some form of depression or anxiety is taking me and, if I stick to it, it's a start.

Guess I just wanted to post a positive result recently.

10 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

I've never really been very vocal, either online or irl, about how down I'm feeling due to my personal circumstances. Sometimes I've found it had to get around anywhere that isn't my kitchen and then its straight back to bed. I've always put on a face of a confident young guy who is outspoken and funny but, as you've probably guessed, that's a wall that needed a hammer taken to it.

Recently, my family and girlfriend gave me a bit of tough love. Just in regards to my behaviour and attitude to life and it really hit home. There was no malice or bad intent but it genuinely has given me a new outlook. I'm 30 on the 10th of September and really need my life in order. I've managed to just get out of bed and go and do things without worrying where some form of depression or anxiety is taking me and, if I stick to it, it's a start.

Guess I just wanted to post a positive result recently.

That's great, I'm happy for you! :D Happy early birthday, too.

27 minutes ago, AonEne said:

That's great, I'm happy for you! :D Happy early birthday, too.

It's a positive start! And thanks, its next tuesday. I hope to just take the week off work and chill out, maybe finish Oathbringer again!