The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

On 5/26/2019 at 10:18 PM, AonEne said:

YES. Just yes. [insert more fangirling here]

These books are so good! They did not go how I expected them to and I don’t even care. The romances are fun to read (coming from a non-romantic guy that says something) and seeing how much similarities/divergence from the fairy tales is neat. Almost through Winter and can’t wait to read the prequel and short stories.

This world has so many books with bad or even simply okay romances that it's always awesome to read a great one, especially when the author pulls off more than one at once - all different - and a fantastic plot with amazing worldbuilding. And it's all clean, too! (Though, er, I won't spoil, but Fairest is a bit more mature than the rest in some ways. It's still good, though. Just a warning if you care about that stuff.)

Have you read Renegades, also by her?

It’s official, I’m moving to Colorado! The past year has been really confusing and stressful, and it’s taken a long time to come to this point, but my family finally got a house that we like and will be moving in about two weeks.:D

If I’m not on here very much, it’ll be because I’m busy packing and stuff.;)

20 hours ago, AonEne said:

This world has so many books with bad or even simply okay romances that it's always awesome to read a great one, especially when the author pulls off more than one at once - all different - and a fantastic plot with amazing worldbuilding. And it's all clean, too! (Though, er, I won't spoil, but Fairest is a bit more mature than the rest in some ways. It's still good, though. Just a warning if you care about that stuff.)

Have you read Renegades, also by her?

You all should read Renegades! It’s one of my all time favorite YA books!

I posted in the Hugs thread saying I had the most stressful week. I think things are incredibly overwhelming these days HOWEVER I managed to read a good book, finish it and come on here to chat to you guys which makes it that little better. I know we are only an Internet forum but thanks for sticking out for everyone here. This is family in times like these.

12 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Thanks! I’ve already read all of them except for the Emperor’s Soul, the Hope of Elantris, and Edgedancer, but I’ll probably finish them tomorrow:lol:

Luckily those are very short reads so would be easy enough!

Today was final work day before summer break and I got all my stuff done that was super stressing me out for the last two weeks!  I had two cry breaks for no real reason (tears are like liquid stress, let em out!) and several worries that had been gnawing at me proved to be real worries resulting in a minor panic attack. 

But everything I needed to accomplish was accomplished!  And now it's summer.  Sweet summer.  I'm not really "excited" as much as I am just relaxed, relieved, and grateful.

But I am excited to start some cosmere fanart, something I feel like I never have time for.

Edited by Zelly

On 5/30/2019 at 9:19 PM, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

It’s official, I’m moving to Colorado! The past year has been really confusing and stressful, and it’s taken a long time to come to this point, but my family finally got a house that we like and will be moving in about two weeks.:D

If I’m not on here very much, it’ll be because I’m busy packing and stuff.;)

Nice. As a fellow Coloradan, I'd like to welcome you to this great state. Which part of Colorado?

On 13/06/2019 at 2:39 AM, Doomstick said:

I finished my Cosmere novel reread!

i started in December (and read some other books)

Nice! I am on Warbreaker and only have Stormlight to finish. Started in February so hoping I'll be done shortly and can move to Wheel of Time

So, I do this thing for some of the roleplays I'm in where I copy-paste the writing - though not the chat - then edit all the grammar and continuity in a Google Doc. I'm currently doing this with an RP called Volume One: The Beginning, which has over 270 pages of content already, most of which is unedited. Maybe a fourth of that is edited material.

I had a control-A accident and almost permanently lost every word. Weeks and weeks of work, down the drain, forced to redo it all. You wouldn't be able to believe the stress. I about died. Even when I clicked the back arrow, Google gave me a pop-up saying it was having a hard time saving so much so fast and it was temporarily suspending editing abilities. It was like that for like half an hour. It just finished saving, and everything is safe. I feel giddy.

Don't take anything for granted, kids. Holy crepes.

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

So, I do this thing for some of the roleplays I'm in where I copy-paste the writing - though not the chat - then edit all the grammar and continuity in a Google Doc. I'm currently doing this with an RP called Volume One: The Beginning, which has over 270 pages of content already, most of which is unedited. Maybe a fourth of that is edited material.

I had a control-A accident and almost permanently lost every word. Weeks and weeks of work, down the drain, forced to redo it all. You wouldn't be able to believe the stress. I about died. Even when I clicked the back arrow, Google gave me a pop-up saying it was having a hard time saving so much so fast and it was temporarily suspending editing abilities. It was like that for like half an hour. It just finished saving, and everything is safe. I feel giddy.

Don't take anything for granted, kids. Holy crepes.

Google docs saves revision history, so it wouldn't have gone away anyway :) Glad everything is okay though!