The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

On 4/6/2019 at 6:12 PM, Steeldancer said:

My face showed up briefly! Thanks for the vote of support, Elder Holland thought we sounded pretty good too, and the president of BYU was choked up lol. It was pretty dang awesome. 

I saw your face appear that one little moment! Yay Steel! (It's not like I was looking for familiar faces such as yours in that choir, nah nah.)

You guys sounded magnificent.

On 4/7/2019 at 0:10 PM, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

How do us one see this 

Well... this reply is 19 days late, but oh well!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng 

Just a heads up, it is religious, but if you want to see it and Steeldancer, you totally should! Highly recommend it, 12/10 stars

I got a Bassett hound puppy today and she's the best thing ever! Also tiny body,  big ears,  and fluffwuff wigglebutt. I can't even right now. Pictures later,  baby sleeping right now. 

Edited: Destined for great things

15564054452984357707304947563389.jpg

Edited by Zelly

On 4/27/2019 at 0:31 PM, Zelly said:

I got a Bassett hound puppy today and she's the best thing ever! Also tiny body,  big ears,  and fluffwuff wigglebutt. I can't even right now. Pictures later,  baby sleeping right now. 

Edited: Destined for great things

15564054452984357707304947563389.jpg

The sticker is the best part!

Edited by I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started some preliminary work on a story concept I had years ago and only recently thought "this could be a great children's book series"

The story is about pirates in a world that's mainly islands and water so traveling by boat is the only way to get between islands (none are big enough to allow airports to be a thing so aircraft will never be built here since it would be an impractical use of resources). Each book is planned to have a flashback showing how each crew member came to be part of this team. Each of these people are planned to have a backstory that's going to make it where they just can't stay on their home island whether it's because of LGBT reasons, abuse, not considered masculine/feminine enough by their society's standards, needing a second chance or even wanting to see the world.

I'm still working out who all the crew members will be, since I need to look up ship roles though the captain is a bit loose with that, but I do have about a dozen planned with the captain and first mate having their backstory figured out first since they're brother and sister (she'd be captain but pirate society is very backwards about inclusion and a woman captain would've been considered going too far by their standards) but their story will not be in the first book.

Another thing about this society is that the people aren't exactly human. Appearance wise they look half human half animal. For example the captain is a monkeyman which is a human but everything from the waist down, forearms and ears look more monkey like. Some other species are more extensive depending on the species (like chameleonmen have the eyes and horns of a chameleon) but as a rule that's the basic appearance for all the people.

Pretty much I want these books to be about inclusion and how it's okay to be different, even if there's only one person willing to give you a chance since the captain gives each of his crew members due respect and will not tolerate any hate directed at them.

Hopefully the writing of these goes good.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent the last couple hours rearranging my movies into some kind of order. I now have tv shows together along with these categories: Disney Animated Canon, DAC Sequels, Pixar, classic Disney films, modern Disney, Studio Ghibli, Misc. animated, Misc. CGI, Musicals, Superheroes, box sets with single entries not in them, horror and steel cases. I also have Misc. divided into general Classic, 70's/80's, childhood and modern. I also put holiday stuff together for easy Christmas access.

I was able to do this since there's a bunch of films and shows I decided I didn't really want to hold onto anymore, I had a couple duplicates, or I am upgrading them to a better version. The total is almost 60 so that's some space cleared up.

Edit: Oh yeah, while doing the sorting I found that there were some missing titles like I own X-Men 2 and 3 but not the first one, 8 Disney Animated Canon films (mostly the Package films but who doesn't love a collection?) and a couple Pixar films. Kind of crazy what you discover eh?

Edited by Draginon
Missing Info

6 hours ago, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

Nice!

6 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you guys, it was a real achievement for me, and something I'll be proud of till the day I die (or lose my memory of it, which I hope never happens)

I have had a bad week, but today was different. Today was awesome. I went to the local animal shelter with my fiance just to look and well... 

Spoiler

IMG_20190524_194027919.thumb.jpg.c84c6152da0ba800aa4600c64ea12ea7.jpgIMG_20190524_194023361.thumb.jpg.02d259125cefad1bfb56088b38ecf3f1.jpgIMG_20190524_194015596.thumb.jpg.74df8c5e91917577fa84def0ddf07c1b.jpg

Despite having lost one eye she is a cute, cheerful, and energetic kitten. I have been playing with her all day I love her. It's good to finally win one.

Went to B&N since I got my mail coupons and a Memorial Day coupon in my email. The haul was this:

Fairest and Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (the last of her Lunar Chronicles books), Adventure Time The Final Seasons (the final three seasons were put together on dvd) and Doctor Who: Resolution. My mother got Call the Midwife Seties 8, Wonder and a pop of the Queen.