The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 hours ago, Kobold King said:

That's great! :D

2 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Yay! :D 

Thanks! :D It's slightly larger than my current place, and rent is $5 less per month than what I'm currently paying, so that's nice. Not a huge difference at all, but it's still nice knowing I won't be spending more. Which is something I'd been prepared to do, but it's nice to know I currently won't have to. 

Wish my parents seemed to care more, though. You guys and the coworkers I've only known about a year have shown three times the excitement my parents have. <_< 

I found a Great Horned Owl today, completely by accident! I mean, yes, I was out deliberately looking for birds, but not in a place where I was expecting to find an owl... Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because there were a bunch of branches and twigs in the way, but it was still a neat experience! I never would have spotted him if the trees hadn't been completely bare of leaves--it made his silhouette really obvious.

Well hang me upside down and storm me sideways.

Finally got my laptop in for repairs...god damnation my mum really needs to listen to me. it was a small simple issue that honestly i could have fixed if i had the means and after a week of fenagling and 2 hours wasted doing things her way...we finally took the laptop where i wanted to take it and finalised repairs in 10 bloody minutes.

But nooope i'm the stupid one

Praise the sun

19 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

They just extended a formal job offer. Anyone have any tips for changing a sleep schedule? It's a night position.

Sleep deprive yourself when you are about to start, and sleep during the day. Its not gonna be easy but you will get used to it after a while. 

The nexus of Art and math is a very sweet spot indeed, just found the amazing work of John Edmark, check out his 3D printed strobe animated sculptures, they are freaking amazing (spoilered below):

Spoiler

Here's the link to his Vimeo page where you can see more of his work, awesome stuff!

7 hours ago, DoomStick said:

What’s your number? I have 1305

2124... But at least it's a number :lol:

But I was impressed by the short time the delivery took. Usually it's at least two months, no matter what I order, because of customs, but this time it arrived after 4 weeks. I never expected that.

Edited by Sorana

This past week I've gotten a spike of kudos on my Archive Of Our Own account, and the other day I passed 550 as a net total for my account. I'm pretty pleased. ^_^

(Over half of that kudos count is from just two Undertale one-shots I posted, though. It just goes to show what kind of exposure can come from writing in a popular fandom.)