The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

On 19/11/2017 at 5:48 PM, Elenion said:

I got a 1600 on my SAT test!

Wow, congratulations! Had to do a quick google search on SATs and what constitutes a good score since I'm from the UK. That's an outstanding achievement! :)

17 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Just got a ps4

Happy gaming! :D Lots of good games coming out soon (FF7 remake anyone?), what a time to be alive!

6 hours ago, PlanetReelo said:

Happy gaming! :D Lots of good games coming out soon (FF7 remake anyone?), what a time to be alive!

I bought my Ps4 for the release of FFXII: The Zodiac Age this past July. Also in anticipation of the FF7 remake. I don't think I've replayed any game as many times as I have FF7. I know it so well that I don't even bother with most battles and just play through to read the story and hear the music at this point. Usually once a year, right after Christmas these days. I also discovered Horizon since then. Still super pumped for FF7 though. 

On 18.11.2017 at 5:57 PM, Delightful said:

So I  was reading through a mental-health self-help book today and, I realised, I've been depressed. Which is on the good thread because now I know and I can do something about it. It's been very validating and relieving and suddenly all the weird things my brain's been doing fits a pattern and makes sense. This is good. 

Know your enemy, then defeat it! :)

I'm about to go on a three week family vacation! First we'll visit my brother in Auckland, New Zealand for a couple of weeks, then we'll all fly to Sydney, Australia to celebrate my father's birthday.

I am particularly excited to experience a December summer for the first time. Surely it won't be as hot/humid as a typical Manila day, right? And while I loved our December trip to Tokyo last year, I almost couldn't tolerate the cold winter wind, so I'm looking forward to a much more comfortable vacation this time around.

Any Kiwi/Aussie Sharders out there who'd like to meet up? Or otherwise, any tips you'd like to share? Feel free to PM me!

Edited by Ookla the Insipid

3 hours ago, Belzedar said:

I also just won NaNo for the first time! And to make it across the finish line, I had to write 10,000 words today. I didn't think I could do it, but I storming did it. I have never been so exhausted.

But now I can read Oathbringer!

Oh my goodness thats incredible!!!! I had 2300 left for the last two days, and last week I wrote 5k in a day. But 10k in a day is INCREDIBLE. 

4 hours ago, Ookla the Delightful said:

Oh my goodness thats incredible!!!! I had 2300 left for the last two days, and last week I wrote 5k in a day. But 10k in a day is INCREDIBLE. 

Thanks! It was necessary because I let my daily wordcounts drop so much in the middle of the month. I got off to a really good start, then got overconfident and started to get lazy.

I got up on that last day thinking the best I could hope for was to hit 45k, but I must admit that seeing your victory post inspired me to keep going. I saw how excited you were to have won, and I pushed myself to get to the same point. So I doubly thank you.

I failed NaNo this year. <_< Too many irons in the fire.

On the bright side, I have an MLP fic that is now almost ready for beta, and I am gonna force myself to finish the final revision of Swift as Steel in December. It's gonna start going up in January ready or not so I'd better rusting well be ready.

22 hours ago, Ookla the Apostate said:

Thanks! It was necessary because I let my daily wordcounts drop so much in the middle of the month. I got off to a really good start, then got overconfident and started to get lazy.

I got up on that last day thinking the best I could hope for was to hit 45k, but I must admit that seeing your victory post inspired me to keep going. I saw how excited you were to have won, and I pushed myself to get to the same point. So I doubly thank you.

Oh wow I'm honoured. So glad  to help out. ^_^