The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

23 hours ago, Sunchicken said:

Of course not. You're allowed to like less widely-known stuff over more famous stuff. ;)

True. :P 

My heart did actually start beating a little faster in that moment before the conductor started, well, conducting the Fifth. But the Dances were almost straight chills. :D

42 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

I got a 1540 on the new SAT, out of 1600. 

I think, I think I'm going to apply to Stanford. I know my chances are slim, but I've got to try. Their economics program is right out of my dreams. Maybe I can do it. Maybe.

I haven't posted here in a long time, but this was good enough of an event to make me want to do so. Wish me luck, guys.

That's over 96%. If that's not enough then I don't know what is... Good luck!

1 hour ago, Cognizantastic said:

I think, I think I'm going to apply to Stanford. I know my chances are slim, but I've got to try. Their economics program is right out of my dreams. Maybe I can do it. Maybe.

I haven't posted here in a long time, but this was good enough of an event to make me want to do so. Wish me luck, guys.

Wow congratulations! With a score like that, I imagine you have many doors open to you. :) I hope you get in to Stanford! 

Nothing too exciting on my end, just that I've been having the most ridiculously intense time at work and now i'm finally on my week off so I feel like I can breathe again! Can't wait to catch up on all my books/games/manga/movies/tv shows! 

6 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

damnation. 

1 minute ago, Darkness_ said:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Red_room

Red rooms are mythological places in the "dark web" where you can witness murder, torture and participate in other such blood sports and worse. 

That's basically lynching and such.

Oh I thought it was the Black Widow red room... 

Same difference. 

11 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Ok. Didn't know that. 

Spoiler

Yeah, there's a cool Japanese movie called "Red Room", where 4 desperate people have to take turns torturing each other and such, where the last person standing gets alot of money.

And in the black widow red room, she got tortured and such, and was permanently made sterile and incapable to have sex, to "remove the distraction".

Spoilered for icky stuff.

I want to play a game called "Name That Reference!".

I'm constantly surrounded by Teenagers, No offense to the teenagers of the crowd here.

I'm a Sgt. I'm 30 years old, and Sometimes I say and do things that make them confused as all hell. It makes me insane because technically They and I are of the same "Generation".

Someone said something and it made me think of the old chant from a funny as show

"I'm a man. But I can change. If I have to. I guess." I say it to my wife all the time, she chuckles with me. I just need someone to share a chuckle with, because I've quickly found I cant entertain a teenager with more than 6 seconds thanks to vine, so even watching youtube clips upwards of 45 seconds makes them distracted and easy to scatter.

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Well I had another good day at work. $35 dollars for being the best at getting donations for our local foodbank, and entered into a $500 drawing, and my managers love me. And then all the managers applauded me for being the best, and it was really overwhelming. And now I get to go see thor.

Congrats!

I AM SUCH A NERD.

I was reminded of the term 'hapax legomenon' today and I happen to love that term. 

(Its when a word is only mentioned once in a body of work, and I learned the word in what was essentially biblical studies, in the context of a word no one's quiet sure what it means because its a hapax legomenon. Happy nerd here)