The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I've actually always wanted to post here and now I have a reason!! 

I sent my manuscript to an agent for the first time today!!!  I've been working on it for three years now and I just cannot stop smiling.  Rejected or accepted, I'm just excited to finally be far enough along to try!  :D  I'll just be over here squealing my little heart out. lol

3 hours ago, Mistbornwithakitty said:

I've actually always wanted to post here and now I have a reason!! 

I sent my manuscript to an agent for the first time today!!!  I've been working on it for three years now and I just cannot stop smiling.  Rejected or accepted, I'm just excited to finally be far enough along to try!  :D  I'll just be over here squealing my little heart out. lol

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is a huge milestone and I'm so happy for you!

On 09/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, Delightful said:

I went to Israeli 'comic con' yesterday and got some awesome swag including a Wonder Woman funko, and mistborn vial earrings. I am a happy. 

IMG_2436.JPG

Today: waaaay too many comics.

i wasn't sure about Thor:Goddess of Thunder because of the price, but I've wanted to read it forever so I went back today and bought it, and Miss Marvel and Lumberjanes and The Wicked and the Divine. Plus second hand books including Monster Hunter International. 

A group of like six  people came up to me and said in English: "you're wearing a mistcloak!" And I said "yes. Yes I am". :D  

There was a freaking awesome Shallan cosplay, I saw a Wax and Wayne, and got a bunch of compliments!  

Edited by Delightful

A little late on this, but I got a job last week!  I haven't worked in over a year and a half, so this is somewhat new, but it's been really good.  It's only part time so I can ease back in, but it's fun.  I'm listing books on eBay for a used bookstore here (I've known the owner for years, he goes to my church), and it's simple but fun to see the books (and movies and occasionally other random items) that come through.

My second task there? Listing a signed copy of The Rithmatist (sadly no WoB, probably signed in a bookstore, and it didn't appear to have been read, since the spine was still completely stiff).

Okay I met Rick Riordan yesterday, and it was pretty cool. He announced his Riordan Presents series, done by other authors doing mayan, Indian (like India), and Korean mythologies. It looks pretty cool. 

But, meeting him just wasn't as cool as meeting Brandon in February. Brandon is just cooler, I guess. 

Also Dark Nights Metal 3 was freaking AMAZINNGGGGG. I love DC right now, they just don't disappoint. 

37 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Okay I met Rick Riordan yesterday, and it was pretty cool. He announced his Riordan Presents series, done by other authors doing mayan, Indian (like India), and Korean mythologies. It looks pretty cool. 

But, meeting him just wasn't as cool as meeting Brandon in February. Brandon is just cooler, I guess. 

Also Dark Nights Metal 3 was freaking AMAZINNGGGGG. I love DC right now, they just don't disappoint. 

I'm honestly just so jealous right now.  That's so cool that you got to meet him!!    

20 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

I've been accepted by Montana State's College of Engineering

@Chaos@Glamdring804

OHHHHHHH YEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to MSU, Silverblade. You're going to love it here. The engineering department is getting a whole new building and everything. With you up here, we should get together with @Chaos and start a Cosmere Club. ;)

Have you decided what your major is going to be?

17 hours ago, Glamdring804 said:

OHHHHHHH YEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to MSU, Silverblade. You're going to love it here. The engineering department is getting a whole new building and everything. With you up here, we should get together with @Chaos and start a Cosmere Club. ;)

Have you decided what your major is going to be?

Electric. I'm also throwing around the idea of either doubling or minoring in pure math or computer engineering. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

Electric. I'm also throwing around the idea of either doubling or minoring in pure math or computer engineering. Thoughts?

That sounds like it could work out well. EE and computer engineering go well together, or so I'm told. I know a fair number of EEs and Comp Es, but not too many people who are doing both. I don't know how long that will take. I'm double majoring in Physics and Computer Science, and that's going to take at least 5, probably 6 years for me. EE and Comp E should have more overlap though.

You're going to be taking a lot of math as an engineer, so I definitely recommend at least minoring in math. I'm a physicist, which means I accidentally minor in math anyways, so of course I recommend it. You clearly enjoy it, and it will look good on any resume.

Honestly, it comes down to what you feel like doing. If you're up to it, I would absolutely recommend double majoring in EE and Comp E, and minoring in math. MSU is a wonderful technical university, and from an academic standpoint, you won't regret it.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:11 PM, Glamdring804 said:

Welcome to MSU, Silverblade. You're going to love it here. The engineering department is getting a whole new building and everything. With you up here, we should get together with @Chaos and start a Cosmere Club

Nah, we can just bother @Chaos during his office hours ;):ph34r: