The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

On 2.10.2017 at 6:23 PM, Delightful said:

I had a job interview today that went really well! I just have to find another smart casual dress in order to meet the CEO and I'm pretty sure I've got the job! Feeling a lot better about the universe now. :) 

That's great :D what kind of job is it? :)

On 4 October 2017 at 10:38 AM, Mestiv said:

That's great :D what kind of job is it? :)

Researching and writing questions for practise tests. Then I went in for a second round interview and they said hey can you do this content writing interview thing we might want you for that instead so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I mean really as long as its bearable and I get paid, but I kinda think I'd prefer the research, seems more varied. 

On 4 October 2017 at 1:47 PM, A Budgie said:

Good luck @Delightful! Hope it all goes well.

Thank you!!!

16 hours ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

You should eat it so it's a part of you forever! :ph34r:

Did you just eat triangle man?!

So, I've been working at my new job for the past 3 weeks, and I'm really enjoying it. It's great. The people are great. The work is interesting. 

And I'm building robots that people are using to find the cure for cancer. 

And I think that's pretty darn cool :D

Addendum: Yes I know there isn't one 'cure for cancer', but the stuff I'm building is being used in cancer research. And Diabetes research. And organ replacement research. And other awesome stuff. 

Edited by Erunion
Accuracy.

5 hours ago, Erunion said:

So, I've been working at my new job for the past 3 weeks, and I'm really enjoying it. It's great. The people are great. The work is interesting. 

Addendum: Yes I know there isn't one 'cure for cancer', but the stuff I'm building is being used in cancer research. And Diabetes research. And organ replacement research. And other awesome stuff. 

That's cool.

10 hours ago, Erunion said:

Wow! Like Nanorobots? Good for you!

i just made my first salad dressing to be consumed by many people some of whom are strangers. I think it tastes ok? #yaypotluck #makingfriends #unlessitsreallybadlol #salaaaaddd

and @Pinnacle-Ferring just used ginger root in cooking for the first time! WE ARE ADULTING! 

Edited by Delightful

I got out of the trig class that was killing me! I can breathe once again.

I was looking up a mouthpiece I wanted for my euphonium because the one I was using wasn't very good, but then I found out our first trombone had one she didn't want. Saved me 75 bucks. :D

2 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Saved me 75 bucks. :D

Or converted to Sanderson currency $75=3 Oathbringers. Congrats by the way; I once took a Calculus class and the entire time I was there is felt like a albatross around my neck

Edited by Ammanas

On 10/6/2017 at 9:48 PM, Ammanas said:

Or converted to Sanderson currency $75=3 Oathbringers. Congrats by the way; I once took a Calculus class and the entire time I was there is felt like a albatross around my neck

Petition to create a currency system based around the cost of Sanderson novels? :P

In other news, despite my annoyingly lingering cold, I made it to the marching band competition on Saturday and my band won first in our division! I honestly don't know how much I contributed, seeing as I spent most of my time on the field praying to not collapse and die, but I feel cool anyway.

44 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

Petition to create a currency system based around the cost of Sanderson novels? :P

In other news, despite my annoyingly lingering cold, I made it to the marching band competition on Saturday and my band won first in our division! I honestly don't know how much I contributed, seeing as I spent most of my time on the field praying to not collapse and die, but I feel cool anyway.

And then you went home and had tea and soup?