The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

19 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I went birding yesterday and added 5 new birds to my life list :D Only got photos of one of them, but still definitely a good trip.

Broad-tailed Hummingbird:

Hide contents

IMG_0497_Broadtailed_Crop2.thumb.jpg.9d725f62f0fc637c4245e7a503ef6d41.jpg

IMG_0511_Broadtailed_Crop.thumb.jpg.9ce2750e8041cc4bcec15d2c8bbd535e.jpg

I also got a closer and longer look at a Barn Owl than I've gotten before :)

Hide contents

IMG_0516_Barn_Owl_Crop.thumb.jpg.29013130891bb4292b109017fae49f10.jpg

IMG_0518_Barn_Owl_Crop.thumb.jpg.edbd9c44d4bcfe65175d25e909186755.jpg

The owl looks like no-face. 

Hey, I'm on the top contributors for this week! That's never happened to me before! Unless it has happened, and I was just too stupid to even notice. I feel proud, even though I'm not quite sure what I've done that's been upvote-worthy, but oh well.

Everyone should upvote this to bump me even higher.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Hey, I'm on the top contributors for this week! That's never happened to me before! Unless it has happened, and I was just too stupid to even notice. I feel proud, even though I'm not quite sure what I've done that's been upvote-worthy, but oh well.

Everyone should upvote this to bump me even higher.

Hey I made it because of a MLP post and my birthday. Enjoy it. 

Just now, The Flash said:

Hey I made it because of a MLP post and my birthday. Enjoy it. 

I know, I wasn't complaining. I was just...surprised. I wish there was a word for 'being surprised' or 'acting surprised'.

@StrikerEZ congratulations. Not only are you in the top weekly, you're going to win the day. 

4 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I know, I wasn't complaining. I was just...surprised. I wish there was a word for 'being surprised' or 'acting surprised'.

And I think the word you're looking for is shocked. 

55 minutes ago, Calderis said:

@StrikerEZ congratulations. Not only are you in the top weekly, you're going to win the day. 

And I think the word you're looking for is shocked. 

Wait, what? No way!

Also, I meant more like a word I could use as an -ing verb. 

Eeeeee!!! Concert was amazing! :D (setlist if you're interested)

Here are some pics:

Spoiler

A selfie before the concert began, featuring my mother and a kid who just could not care less: 

Spoiler

IMG_1539.JPG

The stage before the concert began:

Spoiler

IMG_1542.JPG

A couple of Jesse Triplett, the lead guitarist, being a boss:

Spoiler

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1551.JPG

Ed and Dean Roland (lead vocals and rhythm guitar, respectively) being literal bros:

Spoiler

IMG_1555.JPG

A couple of random shots during songs:

Spoiler

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

Ed accompanying with guitar while Will, the bassist, conducts the crowd in "Run":

Spoiler

IMG_1568.JPG

The concert had a literally perfect ending, guys. (Still while everybody's singing "Run", but a bit later)

Spoiler

IMG_1569.JPG

And an admittedly low-quality video (audio's all right) of one of their unreleased songs, "Right as Rain", courtesy of my mother:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

How did you navigate this site without going crazy before reading it? 

Um...I didn't?

Anyway, it wasn't that bad. I just avoided the Stormlight section and skipped over anything that seemed even slightly spoiler-y.

The weather here is cool and damp today, which pleases me. I spent about an hour this morning taking macro photos of snails on the sidewalk and retaining walls outside my work cause they were EVERYWHERE. I think I got some nice ones. :)

AND I'm going to see Wonder Woman tonight, finally!

Today has been a good day. Nothing really exciting happened, but nothing absolutely horrible happened!

So, I got to just wake up and laze around for a little bit before I went to clarinet sectionals for a little over an hour, then I got to come home, eat, and sit around and do nothing! Like I said, it's been a good day indeed.

Yesterday was my birthday, so no more of being a (insert censored word(s) here) teenager. Of course, I'm past the point where a birthday makes me feel different from what I was before, but hopefully this one will change how other people perceive me somewhat... Then again, I don't think it will affect those I know, and people I don't know always seem to take me for a 24 year old, so maybe not.

@Slowswift Looks like it was a nice concert. I only know one of their songs: Heavy. I was surprised at how well they hide their spikes. As members of Collective Soul, I'm sure they are full on inquisitors!

Edited by Djarskublar
apparently correctly formatting nested parentheses by making the inside ones brackets doesn't sit well with only bracketing an 's'... everything was in strikethrough after that XD

Ran a battle royale for my dnd players tonight. I had to push things forward faster than I would have liked in the second half as it was getting late, but it still went well and it came down to the wire on who won. Some very fortunate rolls and a major risk that paid off turned the course of the battle.

I also took the opportunity to create the largest 3d terrain map I've done so far, using the majority of my dwarven forge. (My brother helped with designing and building it too which increased the quality further.) I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Here are some pics :) (Dog included for scale.)

battle_royale_1.thumb.jpg.6866f3ba86c17b213737eb33d00b6858.jpg

battle_royale_2.thumb.jpg.4d5538d90860386fb758467711bae635.jpg

battle_royale_3.thumb.jpg.06e915cc6634f127a3deab76309416ce.jpg

battle_royale_with_dog.thumb.jpg.df2153fda595624257e07d54eba1c341.jpg

The bridge in the centre can change orientation to rest on either stone tower when certain levers were pulled. (Cue multiple "Pull the lever Kronk" jokes.)

@Claincy - that is incredibly cool. I DM, but I usually just use imagination, or if a map is really necessary I use paper. 

But that is so cool it makes me regret not having proper maps....  

Hrmmm. I've been considering something for some time; as a DM I was wondering what you'd think: making maps, characters & monsters.... using Lego. Thoughts?