The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Also, I'm going to be a terrible person and double post - cuz I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

The job I interviewed for on Tuesday? They just contacted me and I accepted the position :D
I'm going to be working for 8 months in the R&D department for Stemcell technologies (a Vancouver based Biotech firm; they do standardized growth media and high quality lab equipment).
Its a co-op, a full time, paid internship, and part of my degree - in fact the last part of my degree, the last requirement before I graduate!!!
So I'm pretty excited :D

(Not as excited as those in the above post, but still. Pretty excited :) )

1 hour ago, Erunion said:

Also, I'm going to be a terrible person and double post - cuz I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

The job I interviewed for on Tuesday? They just contacted me and I accepted the position :D
I'm going to be working for 8 months in the R&D department for Stemcell technologies (a Vancouver based Biotech firm; they do standardized growth media and high quality lab equipment).
Its a co-op, a full time, paid internship, and part of my degree - in fact the last part of my degree, the last requirement before I graduate!!!

Any chance they'll give you an actual job once you graduate?

3 hours ago, Erunion said:

Congrats!!

17 hours ago, Erunion said:

This is the best deal possible :) finishing your degree and getting paid for it! :) congrats!! 

Guess who has a younger sister on the shard:D I'd like to introduce @Wiggs to ya'll, she joined this afternoon. She's been a sanderfan for a long time and we decided it was time to get her introduced to the shard:) She's got her intro thread and will probably be popping up in other places when she has time. 

Welcome to the Shard, @Wiggs! @Left, you must be the best kind of brother to have introduced your sister to Sanderson and the Shard. =)

In other news, bird nesting season is in full swing in Utah! I went out last Monday (Memorial Day--I had the day off of work) and got lots of photos of baby robins, among other things. ^-^

Baby robins in the nest:

Spoiler

With mom or dad delivering food:

IMG_0273_Robins_Darkened_and_Crop.thumb.jpg.c9b0b53a4bd1bd68983d909a991add69.jpg

3 babies waiting impatiently for another food delivery:

IMG_0290_Robins_Darkened_and_Crop.thumb.jpg.d9b6e78c647b3eda9d602610b586adf5.jpg

Young robins that had already left the nest:

Spoiler

IMG_0269_Robin_Crop_and_Darken.thumb.jpg.00538f997745798d09832d85925145b8.jpg

IMG_0331.thumb.JPG.823a41bc19060630fdebabc8ff78dcf7.JPG

Downy Woodpecker nest hole:

Spoiler

Baby woodpecker (male--you can tell by the red on his head) sticking his head out of the hole and peeping incessantly to be fed.

IMG_0299_Downy_Crop_and_Darken.thumb.jpg.0b4e9df6083481fd6c5693b771092e5e.jpg

Daddy woodpecker returning to the hole to feed his noisy offspring.

IMG_0308_Downy_Crop_and_Darken.thumb.jpg.18529aef148e74f4ebcfa506e0b8ea73.jpg

Bullock's Oriole nest:

Spoiler

The female oriole was weaving the nest as I watched. She's actually inside the basket in this photo; you can just barely see her yellow-orange tail sticking out the right side.

IMG_0350_Oriole_Nest_Darken_and_Crop.thumb.jpg.6c40501e904f0ed3e9c7cce2bef6876f.jpg

12 hours ago, Left said:

Guess who has a younger sister on the shard:D I'd like to introduce @Wiggs to ya'll, she joined this afternoon. She's been a sanderfan for a long time and we decided it was time to get her introduced to the shard:) She's got her intro thread and will probably be popping up in other places when she has time. 

Haha yup I'm Wiggs Lefts sister :) thanks for the welcome @Sunbirb.

This is why thrift stores are awesome -- $30, $24 with my employee discount, and it would've been $19 if I'd remembered the coupon in my pocket. :P It's covered in rust and dust and probably needs a few other repairs, but it's beautiful.

Spoiler

20170606_114415.jpg

Edited by Slowswift

So yesterday I posted in the Bad Day thread about being miserably sick.... I'm happy to report that I seem to be over it. I'm pretty certain I brought yesterday's misery on myself by eating a yogurt that was past its expiration date with my dinner on Monday. Word of advice: don't take risks when it comes to eating or drinking dairy products you're not 100% sure are safe. I paid dearly for it.

I got to spend my first day of summer(hooray) cleaning out trash cans and doing inventory, because I got a detention on the last day. Yet, for some reason, I don't feel to mad. It was good to do some real work, and I scavenged some candy from lockers.

10 minutes ago, Jedal said:

I got to spend my first day of summer(hooray) cleaning out trash cans and doing inventory, because I got a detention on the last day. Yet, for some reason, I don't feel to mad. It was good to do some real work, and I scavenged some candy from lockers.

What did you get that detention for? What kind of mischief were you up to? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Mestiv said:

What did you get that detention for? What kind of mischief were you up to? :ph34r:

The hooligans that my friends and I are, we got into some horseplay and I hit my friend on the back of the head in front of the dean of students. 

1 minute ago, Jedal said:

The hooligans that my friends and I are, we got into some horseplay and I hit my friend on the back of the head in front of the dean of students. 

Eh, at least you didn't hit the dean :P could be worse. 

I was always allowed to read in my literature class, otherwise I would "spoil" the text during class discussion. 

Classic example: when discussing Beowulf, the assigned reading only went up to past Grendel's defeat. A co-student critiqued that Beowulf was uninteresting because he was invincible. I responded that that wasn't the case because Beowulf ends up being killed by a dragon. 

I wasn't allowed to participate in class discussions henceforth :)

13 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

I was always allowed to read in my literature class, otherwise I would "spoil" the text during class discussion. 

Classic example: when discussing Beowulf, the assigned reading only went up to past Grendel's defeat. A co-student critiqued that Beowulf was uninteresting because he was invincible. I responded that that wasn't the case because Beowulf ends up being killed by a dragon. 

I wasn't allowed to participate in class discussions henceforth :)

That is exactly what I do! One time my science teacher banned me from reading anything but the text book. My response: I'VE ALREADY READ IT 5 TIMES