The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

No, she knew about the rest in peace thing, but didn't connect it as something we'd say...it was used something like this:
Teacher: you did that one wrong.
Student: oh, rip.

Yeah, I gotchu. That's what I meant. Guess I just didn't phrase it very well.

Also, it's weird how I instantly think of it as rip, not r-i-p (the first being the word rip, the second saying each letter). I wonder how we started using the shorter version, instead of the longer version.

58 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah, I gotchu. That's what I meant. Guess I just didn't phrase it very well.

Also, it's weird how I instantly think of it as rip, not r-i-p (the first being the word rip, the second saying each letter). I wonder how we started using the shorter version, instead of the longer version.

I feel like that teacher... Rip. 

I have birb pictures from Saturday =D

Red-winged Blackbird:

Spoiler

IMG_0005_RWBB_Crop.thumb.jpg.b060123ad32eee0b79b922971732f265.jpg

Bullock's Oriole:

Spoiler

59251112ca704_IMG_0010_Bullocks_Crop.thumb.jpg.2c375ae7915a63ba07142e81ee15a86c.jpg

Fun fact: Orioles and blackbirds are in the same taxonomic family!

Killdeer:

Spoiler

IMG_0050_Killdeer_Crop.thumb.jpg.ddbc06553aee0e061724ebb9cb82623e.jpg

White Pelican:

Spoiler

IMG_0079_Crop.thumb.jpg.eebb93056ed29f95f1ae9fd238dc5977.jpg

This pelican's body was facing away from the camera, but he had his head turned around 180 degrees and his bill buried in his back feathers. XD I found it amusing.

*scratches head

I photo-shopped a new profile pic, made a rap and smoked some weed because of @A Budgieyes I am blaming you :P 

14 hours ago, Jondesu said:

On my way to the airport (via Uber, first time trying that) to head home finally. It'd be happier if I'd gotten any relief, but I'm insanely homesick and ready to be there as soon as possible.

That is a massive relief, fly safe jond. 

6 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

That is a massive relief, fly safe jond. 

Thanks, DA, you've been so supportive (and others of ya'll), and I appreciate it a lot. I'm home safe (well, at another doctor's visit right at the moment technically), and even though I'm not feeling better, I'm feeling...better emotionally. I didn't expect that considering it's another failure to fix the problem, but I guess it's largely relief to be home and no longer in the hospital.

2 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

There's always this smug sense of satisfaction, when find prove that your math textbook has an error in it. 

It's also super annoying, but it's worth it.

Lol oh what fun. Also I might have looked at your reputation level and thought of transformers :ph34r:

Our doctor is seriously amazing. Not so far at fixing the problems (though what he says makes sense even though I haven't gotten any relief yet), but he offered today, almost insisted (not that we had any reason to object anyways) that he wanted to call the certifying doctor at the company that handles my disability claim (which if you've been reading the bad day thread, you'll know has been a gigantic pain in the chull), and basically tell him he better ease off and grant my disability because my doctor has huge amounts of evidence to back up my claim along with a lot of medical research to support it that they've so far considered "insufficient". He is going to bat for us in a way I never expected, and whether it gets us the disability payments I deserve or not, it was a huge encouragement.

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

Our doctor is seriously amazing. Not so far at fixing the problems (though what he says makes sense even though I haven't gotten any relief yet), but he offered today, almost insisted (not that we had any reason to object anyways) that he wanted to call the certifying doctor at the company that handles my disability claim (which if you've been reading the bad day thread, you'll know has been a gigantic pain in the chull), and basically tell him he better ease off and grant my disability because my doctor has huge amounts of evidence to back up my claim along with a lot of medical research to support it that they've so far considered "insufficient". He is going to bat for us in a way I never expected, and whether it gets us the disability payments I deserve or not, it was a huge encouragement.

That's awesome Jondensu

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

That's great!

I just got back from Austin after going down yesterday for the UIL State Solo Contest. I got a 1 on my solo! 1 is the best, by the way.

Oh, also, I'm a little past halfway through Words of Radiance. Yesterday was a good day.

11 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I just got back from Austin after going down yesterday for the UIL State Solo Contest. I got a 1 on my solo! 1 is the best, by the way.

Oh, also, I'm a little past halfway through Words of Radiance. Yesterday was a good day.

Great job! For the contest, that is. Although reading WoR is an achievement too.

2 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Great job! For the contest, that is. Although reading WoR is an achievement too.

Thanks! I was so proud of my performance, even with the couple mistakes I made. I feel so relieved after finally releasing all that stress that'd been building up over this contest.

Also...I just finished WoR. Holy cow. That was amazing.