The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

4 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, uh...I accidentally posted this in the bad day thread...whoops.

Anyway, today I got to perform in the band for a Make-A-Wish Foundation thing today. I don't really know much about the kid, except that he goes to my school, has leukemia, and there's apparently been a Wish Week thing going on at school this entire week I didn't know about. It still was really cool to perform, knowing that this kid had specifically asked us to play for him. It was kind of a once in a lifetime experience.

That's really nice.

8 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Veni Vedi Vici. I came to school, I saw people twirling flags (and figured out what color guard was), and I conquered the tryouts. Next year, I too shall be on the field twirling flags to the sound of my school's band! :D

Woohoo! I'm in band, so it's always exciting to see people join the marching band, even if it's in color guard. You're gonna have so much fun!

2 hours ago, Claincy said:

Tried out a rules-light single session rpg I designed today. It went really well! Well enough that I'm seriously thinking of turning it into an actual product to release. :)

Great job! And that sounds really cool.

This is a thing and I am happy: http://reshet.tv/item/entertainment/cinema/news/wonder-woman-gal-gadot-263401/

Translation:

Seriously, you thought I was going to talk to you in English? I'm so so excited to invite you to see my new movie, Wonder Woman. We've really been all over the world but theres nothing more exciting for me than knowing you guys are at home watching the movie. So, big kisses Israel. I love you.

And she's a major actress in a popular movie!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub: 

Edited by Delightfully Smoak
oh my goodness my pet is a two-humped camel :')

23 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

This is a thing and I am happy: http://reshet.tv/item/entertainment/cinema/news/wonder-woman-gal-gadot-263401/

Hide contents

Translation:

Hide contents

Seriously, you thought I was going to talk to you in English? I'm so so excited to invite you to see my new movie, Wonder Woman. We've really been all over the world but theres nothing more exciting for me than knowing you guys are at home watching the movie. So, big kisses Israel. I love you.

And she's a major actress in a popular movie!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub: 

oh my goodness hebrew is the preeettiest :wub: XD, always love looking at it...even if I can't read it...

And yes.

Gal Gadot! Yay!

I QUIT MY JOB :D

I actually really liked my job and most of the people I worked with but it was low paying and pretty much a dead end so Im excited to be moving on.

On 5/20/2017 at 1:57 AM, Claincy said:

Tried out a rules-light single session rpg I designed today. It went really well! Well enough that I'm seriously thinking of turning it into an actual product to release. :)

What kind of rpg is it if i may ask?

36 minutes ago, Datan Nomlibash said:

I QUIT MY JOB :D

I actually really liked my job and most of the people I worked with but it was low paying and pretty much a dead end so Im excited to be moving on.

That's a big step! Do you have another job lined up already?

On 5/20/2017 at 8:40 PM, A Budgie said:

Great job! And that sounds really cool.

7 hours ago, Datan Nomlibash said:

I QUIT MY JOB :DI actually really liked my job and most of the people I worked with but it was low paying and pretty much a dead end so Im excited to be moving on.

Good luck!

What kind of rpg is it if i may ask?

It's a very rules-light system designed to encourage roleplaying and improvisation rather than mechanical challenges. The basic conceit is "The Aredeli live short lives compared to the other races, reaching maturity at 3 and rarely reaching ages above 8. They have a strong oral tradition centred around a set of legends they all learn at a young age. Once every 8-10 years when the Aredeli people face a crisis of great magnitude the elders declare a new legend to be in progress. Aredeli from all walks of life jump at the chance to be immortalised in a legend. The risks are high but to many Aredeli the opportunity is worth any danger."

That setup results in a lot of characters who really aren't suited to adventuring being part of it, which can be fun :)

1 hour ago, Claincy said:

It's a very rules-light system designed to encourage roleplaying and improvisation rather than mechanical challenges. The basic conceit is "The Aredeli live short lives compared to the other races, reaching maturity at 3 and rarely reaching ages above 8. They have a strong oral tradition centred around a set of legends they all learn at a young age. Once every 8-10 years when the Aredeli people face a crisis of great magnitude the elders declare a new legend to be in progress. Aredeli from all walks of life jump at the chance to be immortalised in a legend. The risks are high but to many Aredeli the opportunity is worth any danger."

That does sound really interesting. I don't really do rpgs, but this is sounding fun.

36 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

That does sound really interesting. I don't really do rpgs, but this is sounding fun.

It's designed to be played for single sessions in 1 and a half to 2 hours and to be easy for anyone to try :) I'll definitely post about it in the Creator's Corner when the design is more complete.

Just now, A Budgie said:

We had to explain what that meant to our music teacher yesterday...

Well then. Did he know about R.I.P. (as in Rest In Peace) and was just confused by the pronounciation, or did he really not know what it meant?

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Well then. Did he know about R.I.P. (as in Rest In Peace) and was just confused by the pronounciation, or did he really not know what it meant?

No, she knew about the rest in peace thing, but didn't connect it as something we'd say...it was used something like this:
Teacher: you did that one wrong.
Student: oh, rip.