The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Oh my gosh, I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. It was AWESOME!

Without spoilering, I'm gonna say that I think it was way better than the original in almost every way, and I think this was the first Marvel movie where I almost cried. My only complaint is that I felt like most of the main characters kind of had some plot armor, but oh well.

32 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Without spoilering, I'm gonna say that I think it was way better than the original in almost every way, and I think this was the first Marvel movie where I almost cried. My only complaint is that I felt like most of the main characters kind of had some plot armor, but oh well.

I want to see it...

17 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Going to see it tonight

7 hours ago, Captains Domon said:

Well, here we go. My date starts in a couple of hours. Wish me luck.

Always make sure you're tapping those chromium minds

1 hour ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

I'm largely curious as to whether Captain Marvel will show up. But there hasn't been any buzz about it so I guess not....

Would you like an answer? 

Well speaking of Obi-Wan...

Which Star Wars character is the best at delivering babies? Obi-GYN Kenobi.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was good. I also almost cried too, and it's pretty hard to do that to me under any circumstance. I'm stone cold at funerals. Now I'm wondering if Star Lord is going to stay an interesting character without that stuff. (heh no spoilers there) I will say that, as a movie, it was extremely well made. Personally, I thought there was a bit too much innuendo, but it wasn't outrageous, just a bit distasteful. It was really good overall. There were constantly different villains, like in Elantris with their goal constantly changing. It kept me on my toes.

Good news: nothing much to add, unfortunately.

Not sure if this counts as good news now, but I'm nervously excited about it anyway and am in a good mood. 

I finish courses in august, and have already started applying for work. It's really nice to see that some of the jobs I've applied for I actually want to do and am actually qualified for! 

So I've been in Ohio for almost a week now, visiting my parents, and I spent the last 5 days birding with my mom in the northwestern portion of the state for the Biggest Week in American Birding. I have photos :D

Black-and-white Warbler:

Spoiler

These birds really should be renamed Zebra Warblers... "Black and white" is just such a boring name. XD

5914c22030665_IMG_2413_BW_Warb_Crop.thumb.jpg.58a8c78eb47b560582e7f6ba56b01d67.jpg

IMG_2417.thumb.JPG.e076bb4a33462a0f4ba11090c7b534c9.JPG

This little guy was really close, but there were so many leaves and twigs in the way that actually getting a presentable photo of him was quite difficult. (He's only about 5 inches long and rarely holds still.)

Palm Warbler:

Spoiler

We saw soooo many of these little birds. They're really fun to watch because they wag their tails constantly.

IMG_2424.thumb.JPG.1130af83c6539412baa7c4db3db33cf6.JPG

Bald Eagle on a nest:

Spoiler

Magee Marsh on the southern shore of Lake Erie has two pairs of Bald Eagles that nest on the edge of the parking lot pretty much every year. This is one of those.

IMG_2427.thumb.JPG.6257ccd8116d74967966afcf084946b2.JPG

Great Blue Heron:

Spoiler

IMG_2469.thumb.JPG.d6b6f93a19d6e140be42772ec15fc3cd.JPG

Double-crested Cormorant:

Spoiler

I didn't keep this picture because it's a good photo (it's not, really); I kept it because I like the way the bird's head looks like a submarine periscope. XD

IMG_2473_Cormorant_Crop.thumb.jpg.42061a72046936429f8b30ae31c83e1b.jpg

Song Sparrow singing (LOL):

Spoiler

IMG_2496.thumb.JPG.a688232535306176c602da924cdf1943.JPG

White-crowned Sparrow:

Spoiler

I think the stripes on his head make him look like a badger.

IMG_2516.thumb.JPG.7bd411b4f0d728b9e46d5e41fba898b9.JPG

Adorable little chipmunk who was stuffing his cheeks with seeds in the woods:

Spoiler

IMG_2537.thumb.JPG.40346ff41753ca1862a28428d0d43b50.JPG

Turtles:

Spoiler

IMG_2597.thumb.JPG.0444241861e343623cc0834debb4a1b5.JPG

Last photos for now, a Lark Sparrow:

Spoiler

The only time I'd ever seen a Lark Sparrow before this week was last year during the Biggest Week at the same park where I took this photo--but that time they were so far away in a huge field that you couldn't even really see them with the naked eye, and my mom and I had to use a 40x magnification spotting scope to get any sort of look at them. This time, there were two sparrows hopping around on the trail no more than 25 feet away, totally unafraid and begging to be photographed.

IMG_2547.thumb.JPG.2a2fd3229f6bfb37fa87e7e870493dd7.JPG

This little guy kept his tail fanned out the whole time we were watching him. Made us wonder if that was a male and the other one was a female, and he was showing off for her. (Can't know for certain since these sparrows look identical across genders.)

IMG_2550.thumb.JPG.d22e82ebad0397b64b318343d5c108ed.JPG

I did the WHAP test today, and I feel pretty good about it. The multiple choice was mostly pretty easy, except for a few questions. The DBQ was okay, not easy though. The LEQ screwed me over.

No matter what I get, I'm just glad it's over.

Reading all those abbreviations makes me want to make some up and pretend I am taking exams as well. Like,  I took TLS, DRO, DFD and ZZZ today. All went well, but I'm afraid of tomorrow's This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules and OMG :P

12 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Reading all those abbreviations makes me want to make some up and pretend I am taking exams as well. Like,  I took TLS, DRO, DFD and ZZZ today. All went well, but I'm afraid of tomorrow's This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules and OMG :P

Hmm, that don't seem right....

1 hour ago, Oversleep said:

Probably What-The-Storm. Posted WTS is attempting to skirt the rules by smuggling F-word.

What makes it funny is that @Mestiv is a moderator XD

I think this is the most likely explanation. Happened to me too once.