The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

So yesterday I posted in the Bad Day thread about my sleep deprivation, but overall yesterday was actually quite wonderful. The weather was so beautiful that I ended up using my between-classes break to bird on campus instead of napping as I'd originally planned, and that left me in a happy mood the whole rest of the day despite almost nodding off in one of my afternoon classes.

The moral of the story: birdwatching fixes everything. :)

6 hours ago, Claincy said:

Frustrating issue that basically means I have a headache that has lasted years. Better sometimes, worse others but the last couple of weeks were particularly bad. Today it was just painful instead of moderately crippling :)

Wait, really? I haven't met many people with the same issue. I have a headache that started Jan 2014 and has been constant since, but like you said, it fluctuates from day to day or week to week.

Edit: Which is to say, I'm really glad you get a day (hopefully more) of just painful instead of debilitating. Those days are nice.

Edited by Jondesu

8 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Wait, really? I haven't met many people with the same issue. I have a headache that started Jan 2014 and has been constant since, but like you said, it fluctuates from day to day or week to week.

Yep. From what you've said in the past I think the cause is likely different but the result is somewhat similar. Most people with headache issues do seem to have frequent severe headaches rather than a fluctuating constant one and that is what most people assume when you talk about chronic headaches.

For me the suspected cause is sinus issues.

Edited by Claincy

10 minutes ago, Claincy said:

Yep. From what you've said in the past I think the cause is likely different but the result is somewhat similar. Most people with headache issues do seem to have frequent severe headaches rather than a fluctuating constant one and that is what most people assume when you talk about chronic headaches.

For me the suspected cause is sinus issues.

Sorry you're going through that.  Hopefully the sinus issues (or whatever else might be contributing) will be resolved!

I'm headed up to the Mayo Clinic in a couple weeks to hopefully get some better idea of what's causing mine.  That's my good news to share with the thread!

3 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Sorry you're going through that.  Hopefully the sinus issues (or whatever else might be contributing) will be resolved!

Thanks, there are still some things I could try that have a chance of working :)

I'm headed up to the Mayo Clinic in a couple weeks to hopefully get some better idea of what's causing mine.  That's my good news to share with the thread!

Good luck!

___

For another Good News thing: I've been wanting to make a video game about Chronic illness for a long time (since before I got sick in fact!). A design finally fully clicked for me recently and I intend to start making it in the near future :)

3 hours ago, Tsidqiyah said:

Recently I accepted a new job in the Houston TX area  my family and I are so excited. The best part my work is footing 95-100% of the bill to move us down there. 

I.....I like your name. Are you Jewish? Biblically inclined? Or did you pick it up somewhere else?

(you are under no obligation whatsoever to answer)

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I.....I like your name. Are you Jewish? Biblically inclined? Or did you pick it up somewhere else?

(you are under no obligation whatsoever to answer)

I am versed in the Bible, but the name actually came out a search for a name for a character i was developing. I adopted it here before I even realized the Biblical connection. (I primarily use the KJV)  It also has some fun mythological connections which I relate to. I study mythology and love finding the influences of this world's stories in literature. 

2 minutes ago, Tsidqiyah said:

I am versed in the Bible, but the name actually came out a search for a name for a character i was developing. I adopted it here before I even realized the Biblical connection. (I primarily use the KJV)  It also has some fun mythological connections which I relate to. I study mythology and love finding the influences of this world's stories in literature. 

oooh nice :D I love mythology myself

8 minutes ago, Tsidqiyah said:

Huh. What was the non-Biblical connection?

And honestly the way it's spelled I should have guessed it was character-related, what with the q and all. 

31 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Huh. What was the non-Biblical connection?

And honestly the way it's spelled I should have guessed it was character-related, what with the q and all. 

It has some Babylonian / Persian meaning along the lines of "bringer of justice" though my review shows that may be due to the Babylonians abduction of the Israelites. and their influence on the other cultures. The character i am writing uses a shortened version, Tsidiq. 

Back in October we were expecting our second son and we are only looking at nine-letter names (both mine and my wife's names are nine letters long so we decided to continue the curse) My wife has a baby name app and this was one it suggested, this spelling was the first suggestion but their was at least one other. 

For those wondering Sebastian (Saber) was born at the first of December, 5 weeks early, by Emergency C-Section. He was released form the NICU the day AFTER Christmas and spent two more weeks on Oxygen.  Today he is a morning bug whose favorite pastimes are smiling and trying to play with his 18 month old brother. 

2 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Good luck!

Thanks!:)

1 minute ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

Great! Can I ask you what's the job?

Yes! I applied to Deseret Industries, a chain of thrift stores my church owns.

Actually, I wasn't even planning on applying, at least not today -- but all of five minutes into talking with an employment councilor, I was filling out an application. :P Here's hoping there's no paperwork nightmares... which, of course, means there will be. XD 

Edited by Slowswift

Had an EEG and found out my epilepsy is back in full swing today. That's not good news, but I had the whole day off! The tech taught me how to read my own electrical recordings while I was there, too, which was incredibly fascinating. (She even taught me which alphanumerical characters correlated with which electrodes so I could see how something as simple as swallowing or blinking travels throughout the brain!) Plus, I changed my nose ring for the first time! And it only took me ten long minutes and a few sniffles and tears. :D AND it's raining, and I love the rain.

It's been a good day overall!

6 hours ago, Tristan said:

Had an EEG and found out my epilepsy is back in full swing today. That's not good news, but I had the whole day off! The tech taught me how to read my own electrical recordings while I was there, too, which was incredibly fascinating. (She even taught me which alphanumerical characters correlated with which electrodes so I could see how something as simple as swallowing or blinking travels throughout the brain!) Plus, I changed my nose ring for the first time! And it only took me ten long minutes and a few sniffles and tears. :D AND it's raining, and I love the rain.

It's been a good day overall!

RAAAIN!!!! :D I love the rain.

I had a pretty good day overall which was nice considering the shtick that's been going on lately >> Started off in geo, watched an interesting doco on megacities, then had art, I got my book mark back (100% :D ) Then we had maths, I have been up the past 2 days no sleep working on crap for maths (and geo assignment with lots of procrastination in between XD) And then we had PDM, and we basically completed everything for the term, and we planned an excursion to go to the city to do some film photography :D. Then we had history elective last and I did my presentation thingy and I got a 94% and I'm very happy considering everything I've stated above was done at the started, finished and submitted at the last moment XD I had literally started the geo assignment the night before, but didn't get any work done, so I stared at a wall (then that crap with dad happened) but anway. I wrote up a very good 2200 word essay on Urban Consolidation and what Sydney will look like in 15 years. And for once in my life I feel proud of myself for going through so much crap and yet still managing to perform so well :D. And I haven't slept in 56 hours so I probably should sleep but I feel very energetic even though I have a massive pounding headache that feels like someone is pounding nine inch nails (XD cos I 'm listening to them right now). And I am doing lots of random crap and having lots of fun.

WUBALUBADUPDUP !!!

14 hours ago, Tsidqiyah said:

It has some Babylonian / Persian meaning along the lines of "bringer of justice" though my review shows that may be due to the Babylonians abduction of the Israelites. and their influence on the other cultures. The character i am writing uses a shortened version, Tsidiq. 

Interesting! In Hebrew it means "justice of God".

It was also the name of a prominent king in the Bible.