The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Just passed the 40,000 word mark! 

(I always seem to pass these milestones mid-sentence, so I miss it until I look down and realize—oh yeah, there it went. This time, I managed to catch it as I passed it. :ph34r:

Yay Twi! :D Hooray for having more writing discipline that I ever have! :P 

6 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I just buoy myself through both vastly exaggerated dreams of grandeur and a fear of the deep shame that will follow me if I quit right now. :P 

But how did you get to that point? i have a project in my head and starting to get it onto paper is just so much effort...

9 minutes ago, Delightful said:

But how did you get to that point? i have a project in my head and starting to get it onto paper is just so much effort...

Well, practice was what got me to the point that writing is (more or less) effortless; I still struggle with what should happen next, but getting the words on paper isn't difficult anymore. Then I managed to find a story I felt I had to tell, one that was developed enough for me to begin writing and figure the finer details out along the way.

Other than that, I mostly just tell myself "Okay, you have to write 350 words every day, 150 at the bare minimum. Anything more than that is awesome." 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

10 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

(I always seem to pass these milestones mid-sentence, so I miss it until I look down and realize—oh yeah, there it went. This time, I managed to catch it as I passed it. :ph34r:

Congratulations!!! 

So, I'm gonna be trying out for drum major in...about 11 days. I'm not ready at all, and my application is do next Monday. I'm really excited and I hope I can get to Phase II of the audition process, but you never know I guess.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:29 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Congrats! What are you writing?

7 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

First, congrats about 40,000!

Secondly, is there any chance you could share this most likely amazing story with us?

Thanks! ^_^ 

Not in its current state. I'm very much a discovery writer, and combine that with the fact I'm not even halfway through the first draft, and you get a story that likely has any seeds of brilliance buried beneath a thick layer of floundering. I'll need the second draft to make some sense of the things I'm throwing together, and I'm hopeful I'll be able to get it published one day. (Hopeful, not certain. I know how competitive the publishing industry is.) 

3 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

I'm going on a trip to Washington D.C. tomorrow! History stuff and monuments!

I am jealous. 

21 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

>>

Elaborate?

Frustrating issue that basically means I have a headache that has lasted years. Better sometimes, worse others but the last couple of weeks were particularly bad. Today it was just painful instead of moderately crippling :)

Just now, Claincy said:

Frustrating issue that basically means I have a headache that has lasted years. Better sometimes, worse others but the last couple of weeks were particularly bad. Today it was just painful instead of moderately crippling :)

aaah. that's what u were referring to XD.

Same here bro *highfive. Though mine is like a background static, then it randomly just spikes XD