traceria

The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

4,387 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2017 at 9:53 AM, StrikerEZ said:

So, yesterday I had a UIL solo contest. I had to play my solo by memory, and I was really freaking out, because I wasn't sure if my memory would hold during the performance, but it did. There were only a couple little blips near the end, but besides that, I did really well! After my performance, the judge said I did great! She made a joke that if she was looking to hire a bass clarinet, she knows where to look now. She also said she thought I did so good, she wasn't really gonna right much on my judging sheet. She also said her hand hurt because she'd been writing all day, so that was partly why.

I think I made it to the state level, possibly, considering how good she thought I did.

Follow-up:

I got my judging sheet today. For UIL, the scale is 1-5, with 1 being the best and 5 the worst. I got a 1. Since I played it memorized, I was able to advance to the state level. I'm going to UT Austin on May 27 for the state solo contest. 

It's the little things: in the last week I've had two memes I created take off and go to the Hot page on 9GAG (a humor website). Very satisfying. They're currently at about 13,000 and 6500 upvotes.

48 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

It's the little things: in the last week I've had two memes I created take off and go to the Hot page on 9GAG (a humor website). Very satisfying. They're currently at about 13,000 and 6500 upvotes.

Oh 9gag. I keep trying to leave, and I just... can't. 

4 minutes ago, Erunion said:

Oh 9gag. I keep trying to leave, and I just... can't. 

Heh, it can be toxic at times, but I always get a smile or two. Did you see the pizzaburger meme? That's my crowning achievement so far.

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Heh, it can be toxic at times, but I always get a smile or two. Did you see the pizzaburger meme? That's my crowning achievement so far.

.... maybe? I trawl trending, so might have been a while ago. 

Yeah, it would have been there at least a few days ago, maybe longer.  The Benedict Cumberbatch one is up on Hot now, and the GameCube loading screen might still be on Trending. I spend most of my time on Trending too.

Jond, your more awesome by the day :)

also @StrikerEZ congratulations! 

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

13 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Spoiler tagged for girly TMI.  You have been warned!

Reveal hidden contents

My pap came back normal!!!!  For the first time in about a decade!

No more extra poking and prodding, no more agonizing biopsies!  (Seriously, who's bright idea was it to declare that anesthesia wasn't required for cervical biopsies? I'd love to get my hands on the sadistic jerk.)  No more worrying about whether a thing is going to develop into cervical cancer!

I am so so so so happeeeeeee!

A guy who never had to think about it probably. 

Anyway, yay!!!!

3 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Jond, your more awesome by the day :)

also @StrikerEZ congratulations! What about your partner? (Any developments? :P

My partner? What do you mean?

7 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

My partner? What do you mean?

the other..Please tell me it was you-It wasn't you. Darn, sorry, my bad. my mind was in a muddle, and I didn't realise gah.

6 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

the other..Please tell me it was you-It wasn't you. Darn, sorry, my bad. my mind was in a muddle, and I didn't realise gah.

Oh, I never broke with him. We've talked, and we've decided to just be a lot more careful with how we interact with each other. 

This month, I thought I'd come in under my word count goal. You see, I wound up writing about 1,700 words that I soon cut, as they didn't match the rest of the story. So, to try and make up for that, I wrote a little extra each day, pushing myself to write a little more than usual. 

The result? Even subtracting the 1,700 words I cut, I'm still nearly 3,500 words over my goal for this month. ^_^ 

12 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

This month, I thought I'd come in under my word count goal. You see, I wound up writing about 1,700 words that I soon cut, as they didn't match the rest of the story. So, to try and make up for that, I wrote a little extra each day, pushing myself to write a little more than usual. 

The result? Even subtracting the 1,700 words I cut, I'm still nearly 3,500 words over my goal for this month. ^_^ 

That's awesome! Do you feel like these words that you've added fit in the story still? If you were pushing yourself, they might be a little rushed.

Also, I've heard you talking about this book of yours a lot; what's it about? If you want, you can just respond in a PM.

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

nice job twi! Glad to see your writing progression make you happy like this.

Horizon is making so happy! This game is breathtaking to look at!

1 minute ago, Briar King said:

Horizon is making so happy! This game is breathtaking to look at!

I. am. so. JEALOUS!!! but still, good for you!

One of my favourite MMOs is coming back 0_o. (Gaia online's "zOMG!", never liked the title much but the game was a lot of fun.)

I almost forgot, but I got an A for my maths test that I did on Monday.
Not that exciting, and I'm good at maths, but still.

I just got invited for job interview in Nokia.

I mean, nothing will probably come out of it - I'm not really suited for the job (I'm only on second year of uni after all) and I don't quite meet the requirements but it's nice anyway.

10 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

That's awesome! Do you feel like these words that you've added fit in the story still? If you were pushing yourself, they might be a little rushed.

Also, I've heard you talking about this book of yours a lot; what's it about? If you want, you can just respond in a PM.

Oh yeah. I don't give myself a time limit in which to write, save for what's forced on me by schedules and whatnot ("Oh, I really need to write 350 words before I have to go to work, because I know I'm not going to get anything written when I get home late tonight") and I'm kind of a perfectionist, so it's more a matter of saying, "Okay, I need to move this story forward in a way that makes sense, so….best get to it." And now that I've set the precedent of cutting what didn't fit, I know I won't be tempted to write something forced just to up my word count. 

Long story (hahaha) short: cowboy wizards. 

9 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

nice job twi! Glad to see your writing progression make you happy like this.

7 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Congrats on surpassing your writing goal, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles!

Thanks! ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I mean, nothing will probably come out of it - I'm not really suited for the job (I'm only on second year of uni after all) and I don't quite meet the requirements but it's nice anyway.

Congratulations, though! It means that you've done something right in presenting yourself as professional, which bodes well for future job interviews. 

11 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

That's awesome! :D

And it reminds me I really should make a word count goal for myself too. :mellow:

12 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

1 hour ago, Kobold King said:

That's awesome! :D

And it reminds me I really should make a word count goal for myself too. :mellow:

Same, and... same. :mellow: 

Edited by Slowswift

4 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Even if they don't offer you the job, the interview experience is valuable by itself. Also they may have an internship programme that you can enter :)