The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Well atleast all that rain brought in cool temps earlier. Seriously Azaela bushes have been in full bloom since the start of Feb. I even had to cut grass 2 days ago... shouldn't have these things happen till mid to late March. Louisiana has been 20deg above average the entire winter minus the occasional cold snaps thanks to El Niño and La Niña yr.

I'm somewhat loathe to say this too early, for fear of jinxing it, but the acne I've been fighting for months finally seems to be clearing up! ^_^ (I know it's not a huge deal, but after spending my whole life with unusually clear skin, and then dealing with the acne I've had, I was seriously considering seeing a dermatologist.) 

7 hours ago, Briar King said:

Could def be the region change you went through both mentally and PHYSICALLY.

Oh, I'm sure moving from the desert to the bayou was a major part of it, but no matter what I did, the acne stuck around. Though I'm also thinking the fact that I switched facial soaps shortly after moving because no place seemed to carry the kind I'd used back in Tucson had something to do with it as well. Now that I've (sort of) switched back (face wipes with the same formula where I'd used a scrub before) the acne is starting to clear up. 

20 hours ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

That sounds super cool! What does it mean?

19 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Sanderson Quantum Linguistics is basically a fancy name for what Ruin can do - given text can be everything until you look and read it.

OR if you want to know about Structured Query Language, it's a way of communication with traditional databases. For example, this forum is stored in a database in form of many different tables. There is a table that stores all the posts ever written here, let's call it "forum_posts". Every row is a single post, and there are columns containing data like "author", "post_text", "posting_date", "thread_id" or "reputation_count".

With SQL you can ask the database to find all your posts with positive reputation by doing something like that:

SELECT post_text, posting_date, thread_id, reputation_count FROM forum_posts WHERE author = 'Deliiiiiightful' AND reputation_count > 0;

Because the world isn't an all bad place:

remember a couple weeks ago I got bullied into buying shoes I didn't like? I tried to return them today and the dude goes no you wore them I can't resell them (but I can stretch them for you) goodbye. 

Boo hoo and I'll try sell them online. 

But wait, there's more. 

I still *need* warm shoes. So I walk into another shop to see what I can get. I'm torn between two choices. Knee high boots which I've been unable to find in my size since I was ten, and a really awesome ankle length, more comfortable, cheaper pair. I'm trying them on, I'm basically the only person in the shop. The shop owner is asking me am I student, where am I from (and major points to him for asking if I'm from my city and THEN asking where I'm originally from and making jokes about me leaving the kangaroos behind). Cheap comfy and awesome vs expensive, slightly less comfy but where-the-hell-might-i-ever-find-these-again-I've-been-looking-for-years. 

Ok. I'll have to buy the cheaper ones. I ask if he's likely to have a sale on the knee-lengths sometime in the future. He says, you know what, I'll give you them both. He discounts both pairs, waits for me to run and get cash ad I walk out with (blessings for my success and happiness and) both for just over the original price of the knee high pair. 

This has been my life story of the day. I am a happy camper. :wub: Now my toes can be warm!! 

32 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

What camera do you have? Would you mind showing some photos? It really tells a lot about camera when it can handle night sky nicely. 

I have a Nikon DSLR :P

But I'm pretty sure my mom's Iphone 6+'s camera can handle the sky. I'll take some when it get's sufficiently dark.

On the other hand, It's been raining briefly, and guess what, I saw my first rainbow in a looong while. And when I looked closer, there was another rainbow on top of that rainbow, sure it was faint but still.

Brightened up my mood considerably

On 17/02/2017 at 11:29 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

I have a Nikon DSLR :P

But I'm pretty sure my mom's Iphone 6+'s camera can handle the sky. I'll take some when it get's sufficiently dark.

On the other hand, It's been raining briefly, and guess what, I saw my first rainbow in a looong while. And when I looked closer, there was another rainbow on top of that rainbow, sure it was faint but still.

Brightened up my mood considerably

Double rainbow all the way acroooss the skyyyy

I just got back into my full weight loss routine for the year.  Ultimate goal is to lose at least 20 pounds (this would bring me back to my wedding weight).  A bit more would not go amiss, though I think 30 would probably be a safe upper limit, as this would bring me to 140.

Current plan (started from last week):

Lose 10 pounds by JordanCon (late April).

Lose another 10 pounds by God Auction (mid-July).

Well, guys, I just weighed myself and I lost 2 pounds this week! ^_^

7 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

I just got back into my full weight loss routine for the year.  Ultimate goal is to lose at least 20 pounds (this would bring me back to my wedding weight).  A bit more would not go amiss, though I think 30 would probably be a safe upper limit, as this would bring me to 140.

Current plan (started from last week):

Lose 10 pounds by JordanCon (late April).

Lose another 10 pounds by God Auction (mid-July).

Well, guys, I just weighed myself and I lost 2 pounds this week! ^_^

Good job!