[Mag][Pbp][R20] Assault On Keep Venture

ThatOneMisting

-crashes in through window-

Hello everyone, I'm reliably informed that a game is afoot? Wyrmhero pointed me to this, and I'd love to join up if you'll have me.

As a fair warning, I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to the setting, though I've been in many RPGs as both GM and player :) By way of a sample, here's the prelude I wrote for one of my Pathfinder characters (caution, wall of speech ahead).

“I’ve always loved this time of the morning. The sun’s just come up, hardly anyone about… the first rays of daylight leaving long shadows as they reach through windows and alleyways. If you stand in just the right place, you can see everything – nothing lost to the light, nothing lost to the darkness.

“A lot of the time, I’m just finishing work about now – I’ve always been good at going unseen, so the agency often puts me on night-time jobs.

“It wasn’t always this way, mind you – free time, coin in my hand, something close to a stable job… I spent most of my childhood in the slums of Ashill with my mother. She was human, just like a lot of the others… every year was a struggle. She did a good job of shielding me from how bleak it all was, but she couldn’t keep it up forever – even as I grew up, doing what I could, I saw her health getting worse, wasting away… until one winter I was knelt by her side, the only living thing in the house. I was fourteen years old.

“I never knew my father – he’s probably still around somewhere, pretending she never happened and that he didn’t do anything wrong. I wonder if he even knows I exist. If I ever find him, he’d best hope he’s a fast talker.

“After that, I was pretty much on my own. I got by, doing odd jobs – some legal, some not so much. Every time I scraped, and I saved… a warm cloak here, a new knife there… every time I could afford a carriage out of town, away I went in search of better luck and new faces. It never really worked out on either count – sure, I made a friend or two, and there was always someone who needed a drudge to do the things they wouldn’t dare to. But that was it, the same wherever I went – it wasn’t getting better, and sooner or later I was sure I’d be killed, or thrown in prison… who would notice? Nobody. I must’ve travelled to every city in the Arc over those years, further and further east until there was nowhere left to go except back. Well, almost nowhere…

“People say that there’s one last stop before you reach the edge – a little shrine to Aluth, who’s probably the only one who knows why it was put there to begin with. And maybe I was desperate, or determined, or just too damnation sick of all of it… but I put down every copper piece I had for the journey – they went on food, medicine, good boots… and I set out for the End of the World. I’d have written a note, if I’d thought anyone cared. I wasn’t expecting to come back.

“Not many people make it to the edge of the world, I know that now. But it’s amazing what you can do when you have nothing to lose by trying. And as I stood there, where the horizon fell away…

“Ha, you’re not even listening, are you? Still asleep… maybe that’s for the best. I think I’ll take my leave before you wake up, otherwise things might get a little awkward. See you around… or maybe not. Either way’s fine.”

Edited by Blank Fate