Brandon Sanderson AMA 2015

Windrunner

I'm so sad. I really need to pay better attention to the forum I missed the ama. :(

Well I guess there is always next time to ask about how many edges Nightblood has.

My guess is that Nightblood only has one edge. We know from Warbreaker that the sword has a hooked cross guard and every image of every sword with a hooked cross guard that I've ever seen...has one edge. The hooked side of the guard is always on the sharp edge side.

Granted, this doesn't mean Nightblood isn't a double edged sword.

My guess is that Nightblood only has one edge. We know from Warbreaker that the sword has a hooked cross guard and every image of every sword with a hooked cross guard that I've ever seen...has one edge. The hooked side of the guard is always on the sharp edge side.

Granted, this doesn't mean Nightblood isn't a double edged sword.

Ya my only problem is a bayonet is not truly a sword. What I see when I google hooked cross guard is bayonets. I'm not really in a hurry to find out so I will have more chances to find out. Mr. Sanderson is surprisingly spars on details of what that sword looks like.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing  you came up with for the specific question in this AMA, or if you've been using it, but I highly approve of the tag "Brandalization" for when Brandon talks about signing his books in stores/airports. I'm having a fit of chuckles over here.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing  you came up with for the specific question in this AMA, or if you've been using it, but I highly approve of the tag "Brandalization" for when Brandon talks about signing his books in stores/airports. I'm having a fit of chuckles over here.

Oh it is an old term that just hasn't been used nearly enough recently.

@Weiry I have no idea what "the Jasnah novella" is in reference to. What did I miss?

I'm refering to the "Jasnah in Shadesmar" sequence he wrote during his trip to the UK last year (there's an excerpt from it on Tor.com).  Based on comments from Ben and Peter and co. on Reddit it is novella-length.  The question is whether it will be included in Stormlight 3 or published separately or remain hidden for all of time.

He does post on Reddit every now and then, it's not just AMAs for him.

Okay, cool.

Also, he just answered a couple more questions--apparently zeppelins on AoL-era Scadrial aren't altogether impossible, which is an idea that pleases me in more ways than I could describe. :D

You can't forget this gem--"On whether any of his novels are set in the same universe." <_< I'd be tempted to remind everyone that Google is your friend, but unfortunately the people who ask these most basic of questions aren't involved enough in the fandom to read this post.

I try not to let people asking questions as basic as this annoy me, but my eye always twitches at the lost opportunity. You could have asked anything, and you unwittingly asked the equivalent of "George R. R. Martin, would you ever kill off a main character?"

You can't forget this gem--"On whether any of his novels are set in the same universe."  <_< I'd be tempted to remind everyone that Google is your friend, but unfortunately the people who ask these most basic of questions aren't involved enough in the fandom to read this post.

I try not to let people asking questions as basic as this annoy me, but my eye always twitches at the lost opportunity. You could have asked anything, and you unwittingly asked the equivalent of "George R. R. Martin, would you ever kill off a main character?"

And from how Brandon worded that this person probably doesn't know that Reckoners and other earth-set series are the exception here to boot. <_<

Edited by Edgedancer

I'm more upset he's responding to people posting to the AMA yesterday, rather than putting his time towards answering questions asked by people who follow the rules. I understand not responding to posts like mine that have multi-questions, but there were some single question posts he still hasn't answered, last time I checked.