Brandon Sanderson AMA 2015

Windrunner

Correct, and though Adolin could still end up being a Radiant, I doubt he'll be the "viewpoint Dustbringer". Then again, Adolin could just continue being Adolin which would also be just fine in my humble opinion. Not everyone needs to be a Radiant. 

If Adolin becomes a Radiant, it does not make sense not to use him as one of the main "Radiant viewpoint". He already is an established character with a certain sympathy capital, why not use him? Why go to a secondary/tertiary character your readers have little attachment to when you have a more principal character available?

The thing is, you can't know what Brandon means by "main" there - not unless you ask for a clarification. It could go either way.

It would probably the sort of things I would personally ask Brandon if I were to meet him. Alas the possibilities of this ever happening are slim to none  :( I will never get my own dedicated signed out book  :(

However, I based myself on existing WoB and based on those, I tend to associate the flashback characters to the main ones as Brandon has been insisting on it. 

I love the WoB on Dalinar where Brandon pretty much confirms we are going to read (this is how I interpret it) about late Shshshshshsh  :)

Just seen ccstat's comment answered with an interesting RAFO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct8e7lu?context=3

In the WoK epilogue, Wit talks about novelty and what we value. He tells the guards that he "once asked this question of some very wise scholars." Is he referring to the Five Scholars?

[–]mistborn[S] 5 points

8 hours ago  

RAFO.

Edited by ParadoxSpren

Some more interesting answers from Brandon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct6gof9?context=3

Q. (reader tells Brandon how he first read his books)-Do you plan on having a true, definite ending to the Cosmere, such that no more books will be written that exist in it?

A.Also, I DO have a true, definite ending. However, I can't say "no more books could exist" as there are always more stories to be told. But when I reach this ending in the years to come, I might very well decide enough has been done on this story. We shall see.

Q.Also, what do you suggest we read first, to better get an understanding of the cosmere as we go, instead of perhaps stumbling over clues we might not get?

One Wayne and Wax question left in me that I can't get out of my head. What exactly made you decide upon their combination of abilities? Did you focus on the abilities and what they can do, or did you want to give those two characters specific sets of weaknesses and then went from there?

A.I'd suggest a reading order of Mistborn/elantris/warbreaker in any order followed by Way of Kings.

I built them like I built the original Mistborn thieving crew, actually. I decided their roles, then picked powers to compliment them. This is opposite of the Stormlight archive, where I have the orders, and I fit people to them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct6gyyw?context=3

Q.Did the publicly known nobility Mistborn have some sort of training/play ground? Like a big space they could properly train they're abilities and fly around in?

A.Some built things like this.

Q.Thinking about it more, a public Mistborn gathering place would probably be a big assasin bullseye... Better to have a place just for you where you can staff it with a lot of misting guards.

A.That's what I assumed the question was asking.

From the Oathbringer reddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/Stormlight_Archive/comments/3dlncy/oathbringer_spoilers_stormlight_three_update/ct6zapk?context=3

Q.With the Dalinar focus confirmed, Is Oathbringer still a working title, or is it official now?

A.I don't want to commit to a title until I've got more written. I'd say I'm 90%, but it could still change.

From the Oathbringer reddithttps://www.reddit.com/r/Stormlight_Archive/comments/3dlncy/oathbringer_spoilers_stormlight_three_update/ct6zb7y?context=3

Q.Ahh... Good news! Any updates to Rithmatist too?

A.None yet. Hopefully, it's one of the things I can do between Stormlight 3 and 4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct6zi66?context=3 (first question was answered a week ago but I included it for the context).

Q.You've mentioned that a person's personality eventually erodes and is replaced by the will of the shard they hold. Besides Harmony, are there any Shards holders that are still actively and significantly defying the intent of their shard?

A.Yes.

Q.Hi Brandon, my question comes after this one so, if you didn't mind answering... Is Harmony (Szeth, for instance) actively trying to fight against it's shard intent?

A.Its intent(s) match Sazed very well, actually, and he has the philosophy that these natural powers are best minded and not dominated. So while he pushes back against the inaction holding both of them has caused, he appreciates and understands the need for both. I'd say he has less "push back" than some others

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct6zkq9?context=3

Q.The man who calls himself Taln had his Blade swapped with another. Presumably, the people (or person) doing so thought he had an Honorblade.

Would the people who did the swap have known if Taln did not in fact actually have an Honorblade? Could they have been taking a chance and in fact ended up with a regular Shardblade?

A.This is possible. Assuming they knew just what they were trying to grab, they'd probably have figured it out very quickly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct6zsmc?context=3

Q.If Bob the Awakener Awakened fifty straw men to dance around, then died, then Returned as FormerBob the Appropriately Named, would FormerBob be able to reclaim the Breath from the straw men in the normal fashion (once he learned the "Your Breath to Mine" Command)?

A.Yes. He has enough of his original Identity, and the spiritual connection would remain.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct7f45w?context=3

Q.Can Lifeless talk or write? I don't think it ever came up.

A.Normally, no.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct8ciwc?context=3

Q.Well Mr. Sanderson, I finally finished Words of Radiance as well. I thank you for answering previous questions of mine on this thread.

I didn't read Warbreaker but I intend to. That said, if I don't get to it (college is quickly approaching now), will it be a setback? I know that Szeth's sword is now a character from Warbreaker, but I don't want to be at a disadvantage if I can't get to it.

Oh, and I also noticed that there's a spy named Felt in Mistborn and a spy named Felt in the Stormlight Archive... Are they the same person?

Well, I look forward to Oathbringer. I saw the first sentence from Dalinar's flashback. It's gonna be good!

A.If you don't read Warbreaker, I doubt you'll be confused. I wrote Warbreaker as a prequel novel (after writing the original draft of The Way of Kings) to give some backstory to side characters I knew where cosmere-aware, but the story should work just fine without having read it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct8ckaz?context=3

Q.

1. Is it possible to change your age with Forging?

2. If compounding Identity protects from mental influence like Soothing would it also protect from more mundane means of influence, like alcohol or a persuasive speaker?

3. Do the Heralds have something like the Blessing of Presence protecting them at least a bit from the burden of thousands of years of torture?

4. What is the range on Jasnah's Soulcasting like and is their a hard limit on how much she can Soulcast at once?

A.

1. Changing your age with Forging is very hard.
  2. Not as I currently envision it.
  3. RAFO.
  4. RAFO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct8evko?context=3 first Q.  was answered a few days ago but included for context.)

Q.When you say that Nightblood is "an attempt to use one magic to replicate something in another," do you mean life in general, or are you referring to a specific effect in a specific magic system?

A.There are those involved who knew that Shardblades existed before they tried the Nightblood experiment.

Q.Is that why Vasher uses the word 'investiture' instead of some personal term for it?

A.I could be wrong, but I think Vasher was the first one in any book I allowed to use cosmere-aware terms for speaking of things like the magics. (Investiture is one of these.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ct8f0fs?context=3

Q.

1. What was the origin of the word "skaa"?

2. When you wrote the epigraphs to the third book, how much were you expecting to lead readers astray? How loony is it that I thought their author was TenSoon for most of the book? (After all, he is not a man, but a force. He defended his ways, yet violated them. He was their savior, yet they called him heretic.)

3. What would happen to someone who burned an alloy of Lerasium and lead? Would they a) gain Mistborn powers and a splitting headache from trying to burn lead, B) gain Mistborn powers and no splitting headache, c) just get the splitting headache, d) gain the ability to burn lead without a splitting headache, or e) die of lead poisoning?

4. How did Spook not die of lead poisoning after losing the ability to burn pewter in the third book? He must have had some pewter left in him. Or was he going to die of it, but Sazed healed him?

5. If nothing not set in metal cannot be trusted, what does that say about writing on the Internet? Is it "set in metal", or might Ruin have gotten to your answers?

A.

1. The Lord Ruler came up with it.

2. I wanted very much for people to think they'd figured it out. I was actually annoyed when my editor wrote in the jacket copy a question, implying that the identity of the Hero was a mystery. I wanted people to assume it was Vin.

3. This is a RAFO, not because I want to imply that lead has some big secret to it, but because I don't want to dig into the mechanics of Lerasium right now--and I don't want to kick off more questions like this at the moment.

4. It wasn't in his system long enough to hurt him.

5. :)

Edited by Kelek's Breath

So do you have a link to that WoB on what his blade is i can't find anything about it.

I think it is unlikely that he will revive his blade based on this quote

It is entirely possible that we could have a character that has yet to appear in the books become a Dustbringer and and have one of the later books be about that character.

As for Adolin being a major character not only is he the heir to a kingdom, a love interest to a one of the focus characters but he is also the Rival of the other one. In addition to this he is also a view point character. So I'm not sure what criteria you use for major characters but I would say he defiantly is one. However I do not see a point to him being a flash back character on account of I do not think he has much of an interesting history that can not be easily told by as part of Dalinar's flash backs.(Granted that is pure speculation on my part).

I never said that he was going to be a flash back character, if that is what is being implied in this convorsation. I said he was once considered for it by Brandon. Edited by Blightsong

Well, what are our options?

• A Herald visited Nalthis
  • A Rosharan with knowledge of Honorblades visited Nalthis
  • A Scholar visited Roshar
  • A Nalthian visited Roshar, learned about Honorblades, and came back
  • A worldhopper visited Roshar, learned about Honorblades, then visited Nalthis and passed on the knowledge

Any of them are possible, really, and all of them have interesting implications.

Is it impossible that one of the Scholars visited Roshar and gained the knowledge that way?

Is it impossible that one of the Scholars visited Roshar and gained the knowledge that way?

Isn't it the 3rd option on Argent lists?

(emphasis mine)

• A Herald visited Nalthis
  • A Rosharan with knowledge of Honorblades visited Nalthis
  • A Scholar visited Roshar

ccstat: In the WoK epilogue, Wit talks about novelty and what we value. He tells the guards that he "once asked this question of some very wise scholars." Is he referring to the Five Scholars?[/size]

Brandon: RAFO

I expected a "no" since if Wit wasn't referring to the Five, it wouldn't be RAFO-worthy; a yes may or may not have been significant enough to RAFO. In fact, if we hadn't had the simultaneous questions about the scholars consciously imitating shardblades, I think he would have been willing to give out this piece of info as a definite yes or no. That's why, to me, this RAFO seems like a probable yes.  Obviously just my own speculation, though.

And more answers!:

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/cta8e9x?context=3

cemonal: Hey Brandon. I have two questions:

Is the Aon that Raoden misinterpreted Rao?

If yes, does it mean "gateway" or something similar?

Brandon: Which one are you talking about specifically?

Phantine: You gave a hint in a signed book at one point

World Hopping Hint in Elantris: Raoden has misinterpreted one of the Aons.

I think that's what cemonal is referring to.

WeiryWriter: If I'm understanding them correctly they are refering to the "Big Hint" you've said there is about Worldhopping in Elantris, which you later explained as being an Aon that Raoden misinterprets. They are proposing that the Aon is Aon Rao (I think?). At least that's my current guess (though my guess is that Rao actually translates to "Investiture").

Brandon: Ah... They're on the wrong track.

I'll cut this one off right here, as I see they're misinterpreting what I said. It's more simple than that, and is something I think they have probably already figured out. The "Big Hint" I put back in Elantris are the murals Raoden and company discover. I believe this is what we're talking about, not the Aon being misinterpreted.

WeiryWriter: Ah, okay. That actually kind of makes me happy because that's what I and some (most?) others originally thought the Big Hint was but then someone who went to last summer's London signing reported that the Big Hint was actually a misinterpreted Aon. Of course that was a paraphrased report, so obviously something got lost between what you said and what got posted. Thanks for the course correction.

As Weiry says, it is nice to finally have confirmation of what was meant. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/cta8gk5?context=3

mistborn-llama : Hey Brandon. Is there any news regarding any films / TV shows moving forward with any of your books? Is there one specifically that you think will get an adaptation? Thanks!

Brandon: Steelheart is the closest I believe. It is being developed by 21 Laps at Fox.

Mistborn is held by Applied Allomancy, a company created by the owners of the Little Orbit game company. They are great to work with, and I'm hopeful.

Stormlight, Emperor's Soul, Elantris, and Warbreaker are held by DMG Entertainment. They have grand plans were are awesome, but we're still working on the first script.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/cta8ik6?context=3

dougpgc: Brandon, thanks for answering my other question! If I can bug you with one more, something I'd love to know: Is there Shard

based magic that's used for translation? Hoid is very smart, but it seems like it would be a pain to learn all these other world's languages -- and he's very eloquent in all of them. Will you tell us any details you can about this? pretty please : )

Brandon: There are several ways to do this. Hoid is not learning all of the languages without aid. No details, I'm afraid. Except that if you watch, you will see him slip and use words that have no meaning (or the wrong meaning) in some of the languages he's speaking. Those translate oddly, or don't translate at all.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/cta8zyq?context=3

Previous answer included for context

ArgentSun: When you say that Nightblood is "an attempt to use one magic to replicate something in another," do you mean life in general, or are you referring to a specific effect in a specific magic system?

Brandon: There are those involved who knew that Shardblades existed before they tried the Nightblood experiment.

uchoo786:So does this mean Vasher had knowledge of shardblades before creating Nightblood?

Brandon: It means what I wrote, and nothing more at this point. :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctak4c2?context=3

ccstat: If Kelsier (when Vin knew him) were to join one of the Rosharan secret societies, which one would he choose?

Brandon: He would become part of the Ghostbloods, most likely, and would be in charge of them within a year.

Note: Honestly, that last part surprised me a little bit. Kelsier is capable and clever, of course, but still. Maybe I'm just overawed by the mystery factor, but Mraize and Iyatil don't strike me as pushovers, and I'm guessing whoever is actually in charge is likewise capable. Also, what we've seen of the Ghostbloods so far doesn't really strike me as operating well within Kelsier's culture of trust. We know very little, though, so I'm curious to learn more.

Edited by ccstat

Note: Honestly, that last part surprised me a little bit. Kelsier is capable and clever, of course, but still. Maybe I'm just overawed by the mystery factor, but Mraize and Iyatil don't strike me as pushovers, and I'm guessing whoever is actually in charge is likewise capable. Also, what we've seen of the Ghostbloods so far doesn't really strike me as operating well within Kelsier's culture of trust. We know very little, though, so I'm curious to learn more.

Well he is a psychopath, and very good at killing people.

Brandon: There are several ways to do this. Hoid is not learning all of the languages without aid. No details, I'm afraid. Except that if you watch, you will see him slip and use words that have no meaning (or the wrong meaning) in some of the languages he's speaking. Those translate oddly, or don't translate at all.

Gibbletish, anyone?

Hoid: "A chick and a bunny romped on a sunny day..."

Kaladin: "...a chick, a baby chicken... and a what?"

I do not remember the exact wording, but I believe Mr. Sanderson is referencing that exchange.

Correct, it also looks like Hoid also does it on purpose sometimes, alike when he asked Dalinar what he knew about Adonalsium. 

I thought that was just Hoid throwing in a seemingly 'random' word (Still claiming that is related to Lightweaving), considering he said Gibberish earlier in the sentence, unless it was perhaps something entirely different

Edited by ParadoxSpren

I thought that was just Hoid throwing in a seemingly 'random' word (Still claiming that is related to Lightweaving), considering he said Gibberish earlier in the sentence, unless it was perhaps something entirely different

In context, he says that gibberish is taking words apart and putting the pieces back together in a different shape that has no meaning. He muses that the same thing could be done with a person, but in that case the pieces would be giblets (chunks of meat), so the result would be "gibletish." There have been discussions here speculating about potential deeper meanings (especially that putting pieces back together sounds like a possible goal regarding shattered powers), but on the surface it is simply a pun.

Whoops, looks like combined two separate sentences into one answer (lol given the conversation context) I meant to say that the seemingly random word part was in response to Argent but indeed, on the surface it is a pun but I remember a WoB about Hoid in which Brandon says to take very good notice of what Hoid says, especially in that conversation (someone realised Shardblade was an anagram for Balderdash)

More Answers!

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfytaf?context=3

Dancingedge: In Steelheart David mentions that Epics age slower, to which degree is their aging slowed?

Brandon: It's not the same across the board.

(Previous response included for context)

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfyugs?context=3

Oudeis: If Bob the Awakener Awakened fifty straw men to dance around, then died, then Returned as FormerBob the Appropriately Named, would FormerBob be able to reclaim the Breath from the straw men in the normal fashion (once he learned the "Your Breath to Mine" Command)?

Brandon: Yes. He has enough of his original Identity, and the spiritual connection would remain.

sonofstannis: What if he instead were reincarnated as a lifeless? Is there a way he could reclaim it then?

Brandon: Lifeless have someone else's investiture replacing their own. (As opposed to Returned, who are augmented.) Depends on how much of them is left, and if they can achieve sapience again, but I'd say this is unlikely.

WeiryWriter: What if the Lifeless is Awakened with their own Breath? (i.e. they gave it away right before they died and the person they gave it to then used it in the Awakening)

Brandon: This has happened already in the world, and it does help.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfyuyk?context=3

Thadamin: If you knew what you were doing could you turn a dog into koloss dog using hemalurgy?

Brandon: Yes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfywa9?context=3

mooglefrooglian: Why is it that Returned need to consume Investiture to stay alive? Most other Invested beings (like spren, Seons, and the like) don't seem to have a similar requirement.

Brandon: There's a distinction between a being who is made of Investiture come alive and one who has been overstuffed with it. The Returned are fairly unique.

mooglefrooglian: So, would a non-Returned who received enough Breath to overstuff them also need to start feeding on Investiture to live? Or would they be destroyed like Vin before that point?

Brandon: I'm going to RAFO this, as I feel I should leave the details of the nature of the Returned for discussion in future books.

http://www.reddit.com/r/brandonsanderson/comments/3ec4r0/brandon_sandersons_antisuperhero_books_could_be_a/ctfyy6o?context=3

(Not from the AMA, a question about quality of the in-development Steelheart movie.)

Brandon: We just have to hope.

I figure that I'd rather gamble and play the odds--and maybe get a great movie. There are authors who make the other call, and I can respect that. But you could say I became an author in the first place because I believed in aggressively taking long shots in the hopes of achieving something awesome.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfz2a2?context=3

yeropinionman: One fun aspect of the Mistborn trilogy was the rather thorough exploration of different forms of government. Elend Venture basically had Hobbes arguing with Thomas Jefferson inside his mind. The narrator, the books' events on the ground, and presumably you, came down strongly on the side of Hobbes: a strong hand to maintain order is priorities 1, 2, and 3 in creating a government. Individual rights are a luxury that should never be respected at the expense of stability.

So here's my question: in your opinion is an enlightened powerful emperor the best form of government for us too, or was the Mistborn world in a special circumstance that required it temporarily? Are you happy we live in something resembling a democracy or do you wish we had a king? (Sorry if I've completely misread your views from the book; my questions are sincere!)

Brandon: As a writer, I rarely espouse my own particular beliefs in a story. Usually, I'm looking at the situation, the characters involved, and what the situation demands of them.

Having read both Hobbes and Jefferson (along with many others) I find these questions very interesting. The situation with Elend trying to bring democracy to a people who didn't want it, in a time when he was suffering a lot of external pressure, should be looked at more as an examination of human nature in that specific time as opposed to a general advocacy on my part.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfz3bz?context=3

RobotAztec : If wolvrine (from xmen)) could burn pewter would his adamantine bones get even stronger?

Brandon: I'm not sure pewter can compete with(or augment) the buffs Wolverine already has going for him.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfz3ms?context=3

awakenedtassel: Here's one that's been on my mind for a while. You've said that Shardblades can take forms other than weapons/shields. Have we seen this happen in the series so far?

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfz482?context=3

wickedmath: Is Kelsier supposed to be pronounced "KELL-see-ur" or "KELL-see-ay"? It seems like there's a fair number of French names like Jedue and Demoux, so my wife and I were debating how to pronounce it last night.

Brandon: In world, they say the second. (Which usually shocks people when I tell them.) However, I do say the first, as I'm 'Murican.  :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfz4e9?context=3

(This question a response to the RAFO about if Vasher had seen a shardblade before)

wickedmath: Have other Shards made Shardblades besides Honor?

Brandon:) RAFO

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctfz5db?context=3

Aonar_Faileas: A question, running of my train of thought from reading one of the answers below:

In Elantris, did the Hoed actually die when they entered the pool?

Brandon: Now THAT is the question people should be asking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctg46nb?context=3

King_of_the_Kobolds: Is there any chance of you eventually publishing an illustrated guide to Epics as a companion to the Reckoners trilogy?

Brandon: I would like to some day.

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/ctg6gn0?context=3

NotOJebus: The Knights Radiants have access to two surges each, are the two surges completely seperate or can they be combined together? Something like maybe allowing a lightweaver to create a solid illusion by combining their illumination surge and their soulcasting?

Essentially, do each of the orders have a special talent only they can do that isn't available to any other order?

Brandon: Yes, they do, but it's not always directly obvious in a straightforward way, such as your example.

Edited by ccstat

Aonar_Faileas: A question, running of my train of thought from reading one of the answers below:

http://www.reddit.co...g46nb?context=3

This is interesting....is it possible they just lived as cognitive shadows?

awakenedtassel: Here's one that's been on my mind for a while. You've said that Shardblades can take forms other than weapons/shields. Have we seen this happen in the series so far?

http://www.reddit.co...fz482?context=3

O.O Say whut? Any ideas of where this happened? :o

If I'm not totally off, this happens in the last fight of WoR

When Syl changes her form into something Kal is more familiar with like a spear.

But as said I'm not totally sure ^^"

That is still a weapon, so it can't be that.

How many unbreakable objects have we seen in SA? I may be forced to go along with yurisses' idea that it's the Oathgate keyholes... or perhaps all old-style fabrials are unbreakable.

Did I just have my mind blown? Brandon recently confirmed that the mural in Elantris, the one that showed the Elantrians and the lake, is a key to how traveling between realms works in the Cosmere. So it's very likely that the lake is a gate to a different realm - could be the cognitive, could be the spiritual. 

:o

Whut!? Do you think they worldhopped or something? Suddenly, I'm looking for a description of everyone who was thrown in there.

I guess once they got onto other worlds, they would be free from the Aon's influence, so they'd be un-Hoed. They might even be free from its influence in Shadesmar.

:o

Whut!? Do you think they worldhopped or something? Suddenly, I'm looking for a description of everyone who was thrown in there.

I guess once they got onto other worlds, they would be free from the Aon's influence, so they'd be un-Hoed. They might even be free from its influence in Shadesmar.

Remember that Sel Shadesmar is incredibly dangerous.